The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Inuyasha

Chomper4

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
You bet!
Well, not me exactly, but I know other members who does.
I think you can expect more answers soon!  :)
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Chomper4

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Do you think a Land Before Time/Inuyasha crossover on fanfiction would work?

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
As I said, I'm not into Inuyasha.
But the question itself, yes. Maybe it could.
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
In my opinion, I don't think Inuyaha/Land Before Time could work because they are two completely different stories. Inuyasha doesn't even take place during the right time as LBT. There is a portal to the past from what I remember, but it only goes to ancient Japan when people are still around. And magic does not exist in Land Before Time, so there is no way for the gang to travel to the future.

And even if they were able to meet, the incompatibility does not stop at the magic and time issue. But also story issue. Land Before Time is not a violent cartoon, and is geared towards children. But Inuyasha is a more mature show, with a lot of death and violence from what I remember. It is hard for me to imagine Inuyasha and Land Before Time in the same existing space because of this.

The only crossover I think could logically work with Land Before Time is Dink The Little Dinosaur. There are still differences, but Dink is very similar to Land Before Time and the easiest to cross LBT over with.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm an Inuyasha fan, and no, the stories would not work together, at all, in a crossover. For one thing, Inuyasha swears a lot, gets into fights a lot, and overall, Inuyasha is a much more mature story than LBT. there's brief nudity, lots of innuendo, and Miroku is a lustful pervert. Besides Inuyasha takes place in Feudal Japan, 500 years before the Present. LBt takes place around 65 million years ago.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I'm an Inuyasha fan.  But no, I don't think an Inuyasha/LBT crossover would ever work.  I really don't care how it's done, it just couldn't work in my opinion.

Chomper4

• Ducky
    • View Profile
If possible, when would Kagome yell sit at Inuyasha in the Great Valley?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
For starters, only when he pissed her off, and it is unlikely such an arrangement would work Sharptooth...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Chomper4

• Ducky
    • View Profile
If possible, how would Chomper and Guido react toward Inuyash and Kagome?

Chomper4

• Ducky
    • View Profile
If possible, how do you think Littlefoot and friends, including Guido, get to the fedal era?

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
If possible, when would Kagome yell sit at Inuyasha in the Great Valley?
As for Kagome yelling at InuYasha in the Great Valley, trust me. After seeing the series, it doesn't matter what time it is or where they are. When InuYasha does something foolish or mean, Kagome is going to yell at him regardless.
If possible, how do you think Littlefoot and friends, including Guido, get to the fedal era?
As far as getting there, perhaps the legendary LBT magic source- the Stone of Cold Fire- actually exists and it could play some part in the transportation. Perhaps the InuYasha era needed help in places that the group wasn't in, the group was too busy at that time to assisst in smaller crises because they were dealing with a very important issue like a Naraku plot, or something of that nature. Then maybe the stone senses the danger and transports the LBT gang into that time to the place that they could be of use.
If possible, how would Chomper and Guido react toward Inuyash and Kagome?
Now that is a very difficult question. I will have to compare Chomper's and Guido's personalities to those of Kagome and InuYasha to get logical theories on the possibilities that would result in such an interaction. I don't know right off hand, but give me a while and I'll give you my best answer on the topic. When I have it, I will erase the note under this question of yours, and fill in my response. Until then, please bear with me.
Do you think a Land Before Time/Inuyasha crossover on fanfiction would work?
As for an InuYasha/LBT crossover, with all the M rated LBT fanfictions on fanfiction.net, I don't see a problem with the apropriacy matter, so yeah, I can see it as a possibility. Secondly, as for how the gang could be of any use with the InuYasha gang, I could see the gang visiting before the Shikon Jewel- or Jewel of Four Souls- gets destroyed, then perhaps the jewel or even another magic artifact, which are extremely common in that era, could give them magic powers, even demonic ones which seem the most powerful in that series. Yeah, InuYasha has a short temper and likes to get into fights, but so does Cera. And InuYasha swears a lot, but the LBT characters don't have to. In fact, for humor, since the gang has never heard profanity, whenever InuYasha does swear, a LBT character could go, "Huh?", "What does that mean?" or "Is that even a word?" then Kagome, Miroku, Sango, or even young Shippo could say something like, "It deosn't mean anything," When he gets angry, he talks nonsense and says made up words that don't make sense," or "It's just from another language that wouldn't do you any good to learn, so just ignore it." For weapons, I could see Littlefoot holding something in his mouth that could be strapped to his back, or even Ducky holding something like a person does since she has arms. This could be when the gang has grown and matured a little. They may hate fighting now, but perhaps later in their lives they decide that fighting can be the right thing to do if done to protect something or someone that they really care about. Like I said, since it would be a very mature LBT twist if it portrays the InuYasha world, it would definately go into the M rated fanfiction.net section. And since a lot of people like the innocense of the LBT, many people might not be too into a mature version of it. Some InuYasha or mature content loving fans would read it like myself, but almost every other LBT fanfiction there is either K, K+, or teen, if that tells you anything. It would fun to read, but LBT stories with blood, gore, violence, you-know-what themes, and language would probably be a turn off for most LBT fans. I like the idea, but if you want more fans of an InuYasha crossover, I don't think LBT should be the other half and you might want to try elsewear, like a Bleach or Flame of Recca crossover.

Well, you wanted opinions on this matter, and here is my honest one, but of course, anyone is very welcome to disagree with them . Later!

Chomper4

• Ducky
    • View Profile
How do you think Littlefoot and co. first learn about Kagome yelling sit when she says sit and see Inuyasha get hurt?

Tobe

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I can't help replying.  In my "younger" days I made a point of writing strange crossovers just to see if I could successfully merge the two shows without losing the dynamics that made each show... well, each show.

This instance you're going for trying to merge "80's feel good kids show" with the anime people call "DBZ for girls".   Essentially this wouldn't be a hard one.  Your only obstacle would be violence level.  

First you have a show with this Disney-esque non-violent resolution to all problems.  The majority of problems in The Land Before Time were solved buy knocking out the bad guy rather than killing him or just irritating him and he runs away.  This is, of course, done because the show was tailored to kids and the stars were themselves presented as dinosaur children.  The standard innocent hero archetype.

On the other paw you have an anime, one of the longer running ones that was just recently ended if I remember reading correctly.  Being a japanese show most of it's characters have their own flashy powers and a well defined adventuring party.  Inuyasha was targeted for a slighty older bracket and deals with a more young adult themes than children's.   Killing, relationships, etc are things Inuyasha deals with than Land Before time does not.

Basically you need to decide where you are going to set your target level audience.  Either you will have to insert young adult theme's into Land Before Time or remove those themes from Inuyasha.  Not REALLY a hard thing to do from my standpoint but I did crossovers for about 3 or 4 years so I got pretty good and theme manipulation and the like.

I'm still rather proud of that old crossover I pulled off of Talespin and The Crow.  Even now looking at it I don't feel THAT embarassed about writing it.  I mixed the theme's fairly well, inserting disney's goofy humor into something as dark as The Crow movie's universe was/is.

~Tobe

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
How do you think Littlefoot and co. first learn about Kagome yelling sit when she says sit and see Inuyasha get hurt?
Sorry for my delayed response to your question, my work has taken a lot more of my time lately than I thought it would. I have a few amatuerish suggestions on how this could possibly work. InuYasha has the problem of making fun of everything that could possibly be considered different, and even things that are normal that he doesn't want to admit, usually due to a pride issue. So we have a lot to work with here. One idea is to have InuYasha make fun of Petrie for his incorrect pronoun usage, in which case Kagome would of course be angry for him picking on someone, especially such a young one, so I'm sure a "sit" or two would take place. Perhaps Petrie, Ducky, Spike, and Chomper might not pick up on the connection between InuYasha slamming into the ground and the word "sit" right away, but I think Littlefoot, Cera, and Ruby would, and the other four would notice eventually or have it explained by someone who already did. Another such way would be for him to make fun of Ducky's repititions and/or Ruby's reversals, in which case he is going to be doing a lot more "sitting." Then we have personalities. InuYasha could make fun of the four I mentioned for being a little naive after he or perhaps Kagome tries to explain something that InuYasha may think is simple or common sense without realizing he is talking to some of the first types of creatures for crying out loud. Or he could criticize Chomper becaue while his kind are usually powerful, fearless hunters, Chomper is not- not yet at least. Then he could always get into an argument about something with short temper like his- Cera's- and Kagome would have to make him sit before things got too ugly. But it doesn't have to be restricted to verbal matters. What if when InuYasha first saw the dinosaurs he thought they were dangerous, like enemies, maybe even some strange type of demon that he just never knew about. Then he might attack them, Iron Reaver Soul Stealer, Wind Scar, or something like that, and Kagome would have to "sit" him down so he doesn't hurt them. Yeah, there are a lot of options to show the gang Kagome's "sitting" power, since I can still think of several more ways, but I think you get the idea here. I hope that this answer suits you.
Basically you need to decide where you are going to set your target level audience. Either you will have to insert young adult theme's into Land Before Time or remove those themes from Inuyasha.
I couldn't agree with you any more. This story must have a rating, not each part of the story have its own appropriacy. If you want this is to be M rated, you have to bring LBT way up to InuYasha level. If you want this K rated, do the exact opposite. If you like the balance of a T rating, give a little more from LBT and a bit less from InuYasha. I don't believe it would go so well for example if sharpteeth attack, and while InuYasha decapitates them in one place, the gang of seven scares other ones away by throwing fruit at them in another. This has to be two themes rolled into one, not two themes operating side by side.
I'm still rather proud of that old crossover I pulled off of Talespin and The Crow. Even now looking at it I don't feel THAT embarassed about writing it. I mixed the theme's fairly well, inserting disney's goofy humor into something as dark as The Crow movie's universe was/is.
While I haven't heard of The Crow, I am a big Talespin fan so I wouldn't mind reading this crossover of yours sometime. Your interesting ideas and the way you write them makes me eager to see any story of yours, such as this one if it's posted somewhere or you still have it. Later!

Tobe

• Chomper
    • View Profile
The Crow was a series of movies.  Only the first is really worth a watch, it was incidentally the movie Brandon Lee was killed on during filming.  Very dark and revolving around revenge as a key to salvation.   I'll see if I can dig that thing up.  If I do find it, bear in mind it's over a decade old.  

~Tobe

Chomper4

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Here's a saying just for fun.
"SIT BOY!"

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Big Time Fan... <_< Though I still didn't like how it ended.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The ending in the  serial or on TV..?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: