The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What's up Dinopeeps!

Kiwizoom

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I found this through some surfing and thought I'd join :lol  I'm an oldie but I never stopped liking dino-related things ^^  Nice to meet you!  :smile

I'm terrible at describing myself so why don't you all tell me what makes you you?

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hello, Kiwizoom, and welcome to the Gang of Five. Now, you won't get us on that psychological mumbo-jumbo. We're too smart for that...

...just kidding! :lol  On the first part, I mean. We really are a smart bunch. :D

I'm jansenov, obviously. My real name is Hrvoje. I came here originally to discuss the missing scenes from the first Land Before Time movie (the topic about the missing scenes is probably the most famous on this forum). Nothing came out of it, unfortunately. But the people are so interesting and the scope of the forum is very broad, so everybody can find something for him/her. So, I decided to stay. The first LBT-related thing I ever made was a poem about Ducky's mom. The second thing is my current avatar (I didn't draw it, only took screenshots). I'm contemplating more LBT-related stuff these days.

Now, for the general part of myself. From formal education, I have only general  middle school (gymnasium, a European concept). Tried one faculty, got my fingers burned, now preparing to try another. I'm generally interested in natural sciences, but particular fields I'm interested is geology (minerals rather than fossils), ecology (interactions between constituent parts of a system, not necessarily organic), and astronomy. I dabble into thermodynamics, chemical kynetics and quantum mechanics only to have a necessary understanding of the more "down-to-earth" fields.

I'm also interested in history. Particulary in the history of technology. There are many myths in this field, even more so than in "regular" history, like that mediaeval Europe relied only on the muscle power of humans and animals, wood and wind power for energy. Mediaeval agriculture was also more advanced than its Roman counterpart. There is also the myth that the Industrial Revolution was a sudden event, rather than a result of centuries of gradual improvement of a number of key technologies.  

I also like to read about some world cultures. I'm a regular follower on blogs concerned with Russia and China.

That would be all for now. I hope I satiated your curiosity.  :)

I wish you have a fabolous time on the Gang of Five and make many new friends!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum.  Lots of folks you've not met here yet.  

Not sure what to say about myself.  I'm a pretty shy person in rl.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hi Kiwizoom! I somehow like your name, haha. Welcome to the Gang of Five! :) I'm Mumbling, or Iris, 18 years old :) Have fun around here! :D

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Welcome to the GOF kiwizoom :)
It's always a pleasure to welcome new members to our community.
Please feel hearty invited to join our discussions or start threads of your own :yes

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
:wave Hi there Kiwizoom! :wave

Welcome to the Gang of Five forum. Everything dino, animated or otherwise, can be discussed here (within reason of course). That and everything in between. Feel free to browse the chat topics and add your contributions. Glad to have you with us!

Cya on the board!

Littlefoot1616

Kiwizoom

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Oh!  So many neat replies ^^

Jansenov you sound like an interesting person.  I have to say I enjoy my topics on science though I don't keep up with them as much anymore.  I decided not to choose a career in science because I knew it wouldn't have the glory it seems to have when people think about it ( for ex, you're not raising the dead or molding new species, it would be more like studying certain things and making reports on them )  not to say that I don't enjoy being science minded also though.  I liked to join this community to stimulate my interest in dinosaurs, animation, and other concepts that may be brought up : )  Also I am undeniably nostalgic.  I like to learn a lot about things that most other people don't give much notice.

Hehe, hearing what other people say helps me know what I can add.

Kor - Yeah, I am pretty much too : )

Hi Mumbling!  I think it's you who owns the site, thanks for stoppin by : )  And hehe, it's my longtime internet handle : >

Thank you Malte, LF and Kanganix : )

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Welcome with us! It's probably quite clear who my favorite characters is. :p :smile

Hmm... a little about me... well I'm a recent college graduate, though still trying to find a career that suits my interests and passions. I'm very big into history, with particular emphasis on certain fields like the French Revolution and Napoleonic era, though I tend to branch out quite a bit as well. :smile

As for careers I'm considering... well I've applied to National Geographic, my state archvies, and some intelligence agencies, though the job market is pretty slow right now, and I'm waiting to hear back from a few of those. I feel a career as a Foreign Service Officer would be a perfect fit for me. Not an easy life, as it's a lot of traveling, but I love traveling, and learning about other world cultures so I can better understand them, plus I'd love working with other countries' governments for results that would mutually benefit both sides. :smile I didn't get in this year (just barely), but I'm hoping to pass the exam with flying colors in about another... eight months or so. :smile

I write fanfics... but generally unless I get a lot of inspiration for one and I feel that I'll be telling a good story, because otherwise, I don't have time to put into them. I'm far more into text based RPing. :yes

Well that's about it for me I guess for now. :)

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kiwizoom,Oct 25 2011 on  04:16 PM
Hi Mumbling!  I think it's you who owns the site, thanks for stoppin by : )  And hehe, it's my longtime internet handle : >
*giggle* not really  :lol

I'm one of the several moderators here, means I'm trying to keep the peace and keep the GoF a neat place to be :) The person who created The Gang of Five is 'Petrie', but he has now resigned as 'boss', and since 'Malte279' is the 'boss' of the Gang of Five :)

Kiwizoom

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Wow that's cool Pterano  :lol
Yes I can tell who your favorite is ; )

Good good!  I don't feel so old.  I really like the idea of traveling and mixing with other cultures (I find it as a challenge, see how well I can blend in and merge) It sounds like a good idea.  I find it hard to choose a career too.  Right now I'm double majoring in art and computer science, there are lots of things I "like" but well, I never gave it much thought how to narrow it down :rolleyes so I feel silly sometimes talking about my aspirations

Hehe, I never used to read fanfics but now I know someone that does em, now I pay a little more attention.  I have really good memories of text  based rps too, I haven't done a proper one in years.  

Actually my main love for rp was from doing a jurassic park one, which was hilatiously fun and I am so fond of.  I'd been into that one since I was 8, though didn't start writing it and rping it until I was 13ish.  Haven't added to it in forever but still lives : )  Now I think I know why this place feels so cozy and familiar, it has dinosaurs, people who love them, and for some reason both had "5" in the name :DD  But I digress, I love any place like that.

Mumbling- Oh woops!  I'm not used to this place yet, so I got it wrong.  Interesting though that leadership has gotten passed around.

Thank you Chiletrek!

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey there! If anyone needs to make you feel old it's me.

Not telling my name, (sorry about that) but I'm 13. Youngest member on the board, heh heh.

Anywayz, welcome to the GOF! Hope you have a great time!  :wave

Kiwizoom

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Haha that's okay, *old person voice*  I've been surfing forums since I was your age  :lol: But I was flighty and a little hard to understand at times.

Thanks!

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Alright, this is starting to bug me.  What country are you from?  I only ask from your username that you have, the "kiwi" part....sounds like you could be from New Zealand....but I could be wrong XD

Oh also, hello as well, welcome and the likes :wave

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum Kiwi
 enjoy your stay..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kiwizoom

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Thank you both, and lol I get that a lot : )  Nope it's just a nonsense nickname I came up with during my first forays on the internet some 12 years ago.  I've kept it ever since  :DD   I am just your average american.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah okay, that's still awesome.  Glad to have you around, you do seem like a nice person ^^

I shall tell you now, I'm from New Zealand....so yeah XD

Kiwizoom

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Haha, awesome : )  I do like NZ, sometime in the future I would love to travel there, seriously.  Nice geography and indigenous species ^^

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile