The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mass Effect

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hi guys, i have recently just purchased and finished Mass Effect and i think that it is so far the best RPG stlye computer game that i have ever played, the characters are so believable and realistic. I can't wait for mass effect 2 to come out!!!  :DD. the game was just so fun and interesting that it made me feel like i was in it!

any body else own this game on xbox or pc?
facebook.com/venomwargreymon

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have the 360 version, and it is without a doubt one of the best RPG/Shooter games I have ever played.

For one, the storyline was incredibly moving and one of the few that changes depending on how you play the game.  Your decisions are so important in a number of areas.  I still find it hard to believe that you HAVE to let someone die in this.  I mean, that was really heartbreaking.

Not to mention that I really messed up the first time I played through.  There was one character that I really liked, but because of my decision with the words, he had to be put down.  Making that mistake really made me sad. :(

Anyways, all of the different turns in the storyline was one thing that really wanted me to play it through multiple times.  Another thing is the action.

With today's generation of games, I don't get impressed all that much with the action, but this one was just spot on!  I absolutely loved the fights and cut-scenes.

They even put a hidden romance story into the game.  Only certain choices end up making it go to the highest level.  This is what caused major controversy with the game when it first came out.  However, because it's so precise, it makes it difficult to get to that point in the game.  It's hard to even stumble upon it.  You actually know that it's coming.  So there's really no reason to make a fuss over it. :)

All in all, this was a great game and I look forward to the sequel.  It's said that the story in the first game effects the story of the second game.  If that's true, then I can't wait to see the twists that come from the earlier decisions. :D

Well, that's all I have to say about it.

See ya later! :)

Compsognathus

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I played Mass Effect many times, finished once, and I liked it very much, interesting story, good shooting scenes, good characters, and I liked, that I can solve problems my way, and do not have to simply follow the default story in every detail. I started to play it again month ago, even though I did not get too far, because I did choose more difficult game.