The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

NC: Once Upon A Forest

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just think of it this way:  You love it, he hates it! (At least that's MY point of view with it. :) )

Once Upon A Forest Review

To be honest, even with his review, I don't get why people say it's bad. :D

EDIT: Also, is it just me or is he running out of good jokes in this one.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
RRRRRRRRHEUMATISM!

Also, interesting fact, the guy who directed this film was the same guy who directed LBT movies 5-12! Charles Grovesnor himself!

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
Man, I remember seeing this at a friend's house when I was three or something.
Didn't see it again for more than ten years, and I had no idea what the heck it was called, and then I finally managed to track it down! Yay Nostalgia!

I wouldn't say this is a particularly good or bad film, but it's something that a kid could watch without it getting too annoying for the adults after a while. Some of those scenes are pretty darn deep for a kids film, but hey, that's back when kids films actually had more guts. And I think it's pretty cool how in this version, the humans aren't just treated as evil villains - there are both good and bad humans in this.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I always thought this an okay film, myself, but it still makes for a perfect NC review.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I never saw it myself but from what little I did see in the review (in which by the way he doesn't totally pan the movie in spite of all banter) he did have a point about the birds being rather quick to give up on the little bird who (by the looks of it) had pretty much just mudded his feet. Comparing the scene of the "other movie passing through" to Sam and Frodo's seeing the elves on their way to the Gray Havens was brilliant :lol

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
I kinda felt like the scene with the birds was kinda "racist", since they had the appearance of an African American church...especially the preacher.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Still not as bad as the birds from Dumba though, my friend.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I remember seeing that film a long time ago. And it sucked than and it still sucks now. I'm glad he made fun of a god awful kids movie. It was a waste of time to watch. It was stupid and pointless and so on.

Zenoah

• Spike
    • View Profile
I loved this movie as a kid!
But seeing it now, I can see how it kinda sucks. But for young kids I can see it being a good form of entertainment for a bit.

And yes, the birds did seem to take on the african american persona, but at least it was'nt racist. They were just adding in diffrent cultures.
It could be like Banjo the Woodpile cat where Afircan American persona cats has HUGE lips.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I would have to drink something right now if I wanted to sit through this movie again. It's that bad.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I saw this review last April cause I was bored. My favorite part is, "After exposing to some mole frontal nudity..."