The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Inuyasha

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
After watching all of the 176 tv episodes I downloaded, I must say that a lot of thought was put into the shows.  They are entertaining to watch and the characters are actually believable.  There are some good ones and some bad ones, but most of them are pretty good.  I've watched them in Japanese and in English, but I prefer the Japanese version.  I won't pretend to be completely fluent in Japanese, but I can understand a lot of it.  Sometimes I have to look up a word I don't understand (like I didn't know the word "examination"(as in test), but I figured it out.).  The Japanese version is much more explanitory than the English version.  Near the end of the eps, It gets rather redundant, but only in the last 20 or so, then it goes into fast action trying to catch Naraku near the ending 10, so it gets better.  The series hasn't ended yet though.  Episode 176 is all they have out so far.  I am eagerly awaiting the next episodes, which are supposed to come out in November of 2007, so I'm just waiting! :D

So, what do you guys think of Inuyasha?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Its not the first time I've had that recommended....its on my to-do list since 176 episodes is just too much to watch with everything I have going on here.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I've seen Inuyasha a few times. I used to like it, but I eventually got tired of it and haven't watched it in a few years.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I've seen all but the very last episode...which really makes me mad....but I suppose I could just see it on YouTube...

Dinonut

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/ryan_dinomite/

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Anime like this has never really interested me. It all looks the same to me.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i've seen a couple of episodes, didn't really like it that much.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I don't like watching it in English too much.  I don't know why.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I will willingly watch the series up through the Band of Seven and Mount Whatever, but that's it. Beyond that, the series is tedious and overdrawn out.

Oh, and I love watching it in English. I'm not an elitist. As long as the dub isn't by ForKids, for something like it, I'm usually okay with it as well as it doesn't butcher the material.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've watched all the episoodes. Mount hakurae I think is the name of the mountain.  The story has continued since the Tv show ended, but there are no plans to begin a second series, which I would watch.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Nov 13 2007 on  03:56 PM
Oh, and I love watching it in English. I'm not an elitist. As long as the dub isn't by ForKids, for something like it, I'm usually okay with it as well as it doesn't butcher the material.
Seconded.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
According to newest news, newer tv episodes are schduled to come out before the end of 2007. :D

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Are the same voice actors doing those as did the orginal series? Cool. I especially liked jilian micheals as Shippo. He's alomst the comic relief of the gang..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yay Shippo!  You know, I actually was Inuyasha for Halloween last year...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That's pretty cool.. I do hope that the new series will as good as the original..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, I'm a huge fan of the InuYasha story too! Here is the order that I like the main heroes. Now remember, just because a character is at the bottom of one's list doesn't mean that that character is disliked by the listmaker at all. It only indicates that all the other characters are liked more. So yeah, I love every main character, just each one to a different degree:

Shippo- I have always loved the younger, more innocent characters in shows and films. He is one of two of the main characters with an elemental power- fire. Transforming and flying are great powers to have too, but most of all, I love his illusion powers, since for some reason, I've always favored attacks that aren't fatal. With the skills he has at such a young age, he will be a very powerful fox demon as he grows up.

Miroku- Holy power is awesome! Banishing creatures of darkness, creating barriers to protect from evil ones, sensing demons nearby, and using spiritual artifact's abilities, like his divine staff and talismans. He is the other character with an elemental power- wind. It is an amazing power to send anyone into a void forever, except the part that whenever he uses it, he gets closer to being sucked into the Wind Tunnel- his power's name- himself. (Now InuYasha's sword has "Wind" Scar, yes, but that is not HIS power, it is his WEAPON'S power.)

Kagome- Also has holy powers, but to a different degree than Miroku, since he is a monk and she is the reincarnation of a priestess. She cleanses dark power like she did by placing her hands on Kikyo and the miasma on her simply faded away. She has the power to destroy creatures of dark power as well by putting her energy into an arrow and firing it, which can pierce through most demons' skin. She can also sense the Shikon Jewel, or Jewel or Four Souls, making the entire quest many times easier on the group to find its shards. I also like her ability to cancel the powers of demonic items, like she first did by canceling the transformation of the Tetsaiga with an arrow she empowered that she fired at it with.

Sango- Now this may be arguable, but I feel she has the most skill in fighting in the group. InuYasha has his powers like super strength, Iron Reaver Soul Stealer, and Claws of Blood, along with the great sword Tetsaiga, which has many powers, and even it's sheath is very useful in battle the way it blocks demonic energy, but Sango is just a human girl with no "powers" and she seems to fight better with what she has, more technique and thought behind her attacks, if you will. InuYasha seems to rush in swinging and slashing wildly, relying in on his durablility and healing power to keep him alive. So yeah, I find her the best fighter when it comes to skills and she is a very quick and effective thinker in battle. Her main fault though is how she lets her love of her brother Kohaku often cloud her judgement from doing the right thing.

Myoga- Yeah, he may always be looking for blood to feed on, but come on! He IS a flea demon after all. And while he can't fight, he is still extremely useful in and out of battle since he is definately the wisest member of the group. He knows about places, people, and demons alike. He is practically a walking guide book.

Kilala- I thinks it really neat how she can be inconspicuous by being a "kitten like" form and fool others but in battle she transforms into a powerful tiger-like demon who is very strong and agile, and is thus very useful in fighting. But even out of battle, since she can soar through the air and can hold multimple passengers on her back, she is a very quick and efficient means of transportation. And along with Shippo, the two of them are the only full demons in the group. Also, she is the silent one of the group, simply making noises to express sometihng, just like Spike does.

InuYasha- Now this is why I said what I said at the beginning. I still really like him, I just like the other main charactes a little more, that's all. He can deal the most damage, and take the most, which is good because as I mentioned, his technique in battle leaves much to be desired. I actually like him best during a full moon when he's all human because that demon part of his thinking seems to go away too. Like how he had told Kagome that he didn't like how she smelled, but when he was a full human he actually complimented her on it. I really wish he wouldn't play so hard to get with Kagome and admit he likes her. Even though he may love Kikyo more, he still shouldn't be rude to Kagome like he is most of the time. But it is great how he keeps learning new abilities for his sword, from the Wind Scar in its regular form, to the Red Tetsaiga that breaks barriers, to the Crystal Tetsaiga with a nearly immeasurable blow. But even with his tough exterior, he continuosly shows Kagome that he really does care for others, and her out of his group especially.

Now I would like to comment on issues besides just the main characters, but I doubt you want to read and read and read here, so I'll stop with my feelings on them and give your eyes a break for now. InuYasha is a great show, no doubt. I only wish they hadn't stopped the anime after the seventh season, now to know everything that happens after that season, I have to read the manga. But at least I know the manga won't stop too, since in Japan, the InuYasha story was finished in manga format months ago, so I know I'll see the ending here some day, I have just have to wait for the whole thing to be translated. Ah well. While I may add some things to this thread over time, I will definately talk about the ending of this show here when it arrives in America. Until then, later!