The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Will the TV Series be continued?

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Animeboye,Aug 25 2015 on  03:33 PM
Even though Journey of the Brave (as it's now officially called) is going to be released soon, I don't think they'll be reviving the show. It's been eight years since the series had its "hiatus" and since it's been such a long time, I don't think they'll see need to bring it back especially since, from what I've heard, it didn't bring in much of an audience.

Part of the issue I saw with the TV series was that it came out at the wrong time. By the time it was released, LBT wasn't bringing Universal a profit anymore. People just weren't interested in LBT anymore. Had it been released sometime in the 90's when Land Before Time was at its peak I think the show would have had a better chance. Probably better animation too.
Yeah, LBT sounds like more of a 90s show than a now show. It definitely would've been better back then than more recently.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
True, The Land Before Time TV series should've come out in the 90's like Fivel and An American Tail did. It would've been a hit, however I doubt we would've gotten so many sequels, it could end up having the same fate as Dinky, the Little Dinosaur, two or three seasons and then it would be forgotten to all eternity. In this day and age I don't see the TV Series as a good investment, it would be targetted to a very young audience, since most kids these days spend more time playing videogames or in social networks, a series like that would have to be to 3/4-year-olds.

I was excited for the TV series, and yes, it did something that the movies, besides V, never did, it brought back a lot of the guest characters.

Still, I would rather have more TLBT sequels with more profound stories and that invested in the mythology of the franchise by bringing back some of our most beloved characters like Ali and Mo. Even Tickles and Guido could pop up if it was justified.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Honestly, I now think the series might've had a chance in the present day if it was broadcast on another channel that was more kid- and education-oriented. The series was broadcast on Cartoon Network, right?

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Yes, it aired just after Lazy Town on saturday/friday mornings (don't know for sure).

With better scripts and more time given to it, it could become a great series. Cartoon Network has been producing very quality programing in the last years, especially for their Adult Swim channel.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool