The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask Diddy!

DiddyKF1 · 475 · 46559

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
As someone who ships fellow one jolly swimmer and one panic-prone flyer together as well, why Ducky and Petrie? Why do you personally ship those two, and was it instinctive on first viewing, or was it a ship that slowly grew on you after fanart/fanfics/repeated viewings/personal experiences?

(I'm pretty sure no one has asked this... I hope. Can't remember if A/N in Secret Love stated this)

You would probably imagine that I first got the idea while watching the first movie when I saw "that moment" when Ducky planted this big kiss on Petrie's cheek. The sequels had these numerous moments where Ducky would open her arms out and Petrie would dive right in for a hug. Also, in movie VII, there was a moment where it seemed that Ducky was the only one who cared about Petrie (although Littlefoot was probably worried for him), and she went as far as to sneak off in the night to try and comfort him (only to be kidnapped by his own uncle). Even then, she was quick to comfort him when he voiced his doubts about Pterano, and for me, that was what pretty much did it; there I was, an eight-year-old boy and suddenly daydreaming about Ducky and Petrie possibly "becoming more than best friends." Obviously, I didn't know much about romance at the time, but I kept having these dreams where I saw them hugging and kissing each other, and overtime I began to realize what was happening to me: I was slowly descending towards becoming a Ducky x Petrie shipper!

Years later, I read at least three fanfics that involved the two falling in love (one of which was in the Portuguese language and I translated using Google Translate). There was a few pieces of artwork that helped me realize that I wasn't the only one who kept having those daydreams all those years ago, and I finally decided to write my own story on them. I watched through all 14 movies last year so that I'd know what I was doing once I started my rewrite of the story.

There was also a YouTube video with a song called, "You Make Me Happy," that featured a short compilation of DuckyxPetrie scenes in the movies, and that further fueled my desire to ship them.

I'm not sure if you've made it very far in "Secret Love v2," since I haven't had a review since before I wrote the epilogue, but I suppose this would be a good opportunity to ask what chapter you made it up to if you've read any chapters over the last seven months.
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if you've made it very far in "Secret Love v2," since I haven't had a review since before I wrote the epilogue, but I suppose this would be a good opportunity to ask what chapter you made it up to if you've read any chapters over the last seven months.
About Chapter 10 or so, I think. I still have a soft soft for the original version.

Years later, I read at least three fanfics that involved the two falling in love (one of which was in the Portuguese language and I translated using Google Translate). There was a few pieces of artwork that helped me realize that I wasn't the only one who kept having those daydreams all those years ago, and I finally decided to write my own story on them. I watched through all 14 movies last year so that I'd know what I was doing once I started my rewrite of the story.
Fine, this is a cop-out question to not make it awkward that the question got reversed onto me in an "ask you" thread, but what would your favorite canon and fanon (in this case, fav fanart/fanfic) evidence of this ship be?
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Fine, this is a cop-out question to not make it awkward that the question got reversed onto me in an "ask you" thread, but what would your favorite canon and fanon (in this case, fav fanart/fanfic) evidence of this ship be?

Well, when it comes to canon, it would have to be the "Good Inside" scene from movie VII. It just defined their undying friendship.

In terms of fanwork, it's hard for me to pick a favorite, but I really liked AllegroGiocoso's "The Time of the Great Growing," which additionally shipped Littlefoot and Cera together.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
What is your opinion of Internet Explorer, based off of actual usage?

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
What is your opinion of Internet Explorer, based off of actual usage?

My past usage of Internet Explorer had been quite slow and miserable, so I haven't used it in years. I prefer using Firefox, since Google Chrome would suck up a lot of memory.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
In your opinion, manual or automatic transmission?
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
In your opinion, manual or automatic transmission?

Manual. Once you get used to it, it's faster than automatic, particularly in the PS2 game, "Enthusia Professional Racing."

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I would've voted for Mumbling as well, she's the reason why I'm even eligible for the Appreciated Member Award in the first place.

But enough kidding aside, I appreciate your vote. Thank you! :smile

(I don't know if anyone asked you this yet)
Are there any other forums you go on besides this one?

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I would've voted for Mumbling as well, she's the reason why I'm even eligible for the Appreciated Member Award in the first place.

But enough kidding aside, I appreciate your vote. Thank you! :smile

(I don't know if anyone asked you this yet)
Are there any other forums you go on besides this one?

Hehe! :)petrie You're welcome, buddy!

I once joined a Donkey Kong-related forum, but I never really did anything on there. As far as they're concerned, I've practically disappeared.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I once joined a Donkey Kong-related forum, but I never really did anything on there. As far as they're concerned, I've practically disappeared.
Do you frequent any chat clients (ie. Skype, Discord, IRC, IMs, etc)?

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Do you frequent any chat clients (ie. Skype, Discord, IRC, IMs, etc)?

I recently joined Discord, but I haven't really done much on there yet.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I recently joined Discord, but I haven't really done much on there yet.
You should join ussssssss~ :P

Given a choice from any of the sequel characters, who do you think deserves to join the Gang the most?

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
You should join ussssssss~ :P

Given a choice from any of the sequel characters, who do you think deserves to join the Gang the most?

I wish I could, but trying to find the GoF's Discord server has been a pain.

Not counting Chomper or Ruby, I would probably have to say Ali. Out of the very few children we see in the sequels, Ali is the most deserving of them.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Where do you plan to live after your retirement? Do you have a general idea yet?

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Where do you plan to live after your retirement? Do you have a general idea yet?

I think you're asking that one far too soon, my friend. :Mo

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm...how about hypothetically speaking? :)petrie

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Hmm...how about hypothetically speaking? :)petrie

I'm honestly not sure, but I would like to keep living in my family's home for as long as I can. :)petrie

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What is your cell phone brand and year of release?

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
What is your cell phone brand and year of release?

I have a 2019 Android.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
What headset do you use?