The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Banished!!!!

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
This also is part of my Land Before Time finale.  It's near the very end of Part 1, the Bothtooth Tyrant.  

It was the worst of times.  it was the worst of times.  

Things had never been so bad in Litltefoot's life.  in fact, he would even choose being eaten by a Sharptooth now if it meant he wouldn't have to feel one more second of hurt.

Speaking of Sharptooth, Littlefoot felt so betrayed by Chomper.  Chomper had killed the Old One.  Littlefoot felt sure it was an accident.  However, Chomper had admitted to eating Leaf Eater meat in the past and had even admitted to stalking him and his friends.  Only because Chomper had recognized them had they even lived through that morning that they had met on the island.  Chomper had almost eaten the Old One.  It seemed Chomper was losing a fight with his Sharptooth nature.  

Littlefoot's romantic life was also in shambles.  The Ole One was Ali's great-great aunt.  Ali had taken her death pretty hard.  As Ali blamed Littlefoot for bringing in Chomper and being his friend, it seemed that Rhett, not he, would be her soul mate.

Petrie was also upset by Chomper.  Heck, all the gang, including Ruby even, were too.

Petrie also had found out that his father had died because of his uncle Pterano and his crazy schemes.  Petrie had almost seen Pterano as a father and now he learned that the reason he didn't have a father was because of Pterano.

Littlefoot didn't know how Petrie could bear all of this.

The night's misfortune's, however weren't over.  "Littlefoot, I must confess, I'm shocked that you helped the Sharpteeth get away." said Gallim.

"What are you talking about?"  said Topps.  "LIttlefoot blocked the bath of the purusuers.  He used boulders.  He may have felt some affinity for his Sharptooth friends.  However, he should have acted rather than foolishly defend him.  Now Chomper will get away.

Littlefoot wasn't too worried about Chomper getting away.  He didn't quite care what Chomper did.  Chomper wasn't like him.   He at last had decided that Chomper was't like them and never could be.  Their friendship was over.

Littlefoot had only about 2 weeks till he came of age.   He was close to being one of the adult leaders.  However, right now, the leaders were questioning him.

"Is this true?" his grandfather asked him.  "Did you really help them escape?" said his grandmother.  Littlefoot hung his head in shame and nodded.  

"That is called being an accessory to a very bad crime." said Topps firmly.   "Yes, and it's punishable by banishment for life."  he said.  "Here here!" said Tria.

Littlefoot was shocked   Topps was known for being stern, but Tria seemed much more reasonable.  Soon, Ducky's parents and Petrie's mother also joined Topps and Tria.  

Littlefoot was glad to see that Pterano, who knew what it was like to have picked the wrong friends, was yelling out in support of Littlefoot.    Grandpa and Grandma Longneck were also on Littlefoot's side, as were Cera and Ducky.    

"What's it going to be longneck?  Are you going to uphold the rules or play family favorites?" said Topps.

A look of great sorrow appeared on Grandpa Longneck's face.  He turned to his wife, who was speechless.  Finally he spoke.  "Very well.  Littlefoot, I hereby banish you from the Great Valley.....for life!"

Littlefoot felt as though he had been stabbed with the teeth of a Sharptooth.   His mother had died and had spent her last efforts telling him how to get here and now he could never come back!  He had befriended a Sharptooth and had forgotten what she had done for him.  She had died for nothing!

Littlefoot said goodbye to all of his friends, as well as his father and grandparents.   He also said goodbye to Ali, who, though she was mad at him, hugged him tightly, knowing this would likely be the last time they ever saw each other again.  He even hugged Shorty and Rhett goodbye.  

"I will miss you." said Ruby, tears in her eyes.  The others felt similarly.   He left.  He knew where he should go.  The place where it had all started: the Great Divide.  He felt that he would find answers there.

Pterano tried to console Petrie over the banishment for his friend.  However, Petrie said "Ges lost!  Me no speak to you!"   Pterano, feeling that he could never be a father to Petrie now and that there was nothing left for him here, took to the sky and took off.  "Petrie, your uncle is leaving." said Perrin, concerned.   "Me no care.  Me think good riddance." said Petrie to his girlfriend.

"Now, it would seem that our leadership has failed us." said Gallim.  "Yes, I blame the longneck." said Topps.  "Not so fast wise guy.  You let your daughter play with him.  You clearly have no issues with longnecks." said Gallim.  The others laughed at Topps, who turned bright red with embarrassment.  

"I suggest we get a new leader.  One who knows what he's doing.  A supreme leader.  This joint leadership thing didn't save the Old One." said Gallim.  Soon, as Gallim had intended, he got made the Supreme Leader.

The fools!  They have just given me, the Terror of the Mysterious Beyond, the great invincible Great Valley!  With Red Claw in charge of the Valley of Sharpteeth, I now rule the entire world! Gallim thought, grinning wickedly.

An hour before dawn, Gallim was in the Mysterious Beyond.  "Our plan is nearly complete.   The Great Valley has made me its Supreme Leader.  Only three now stand in our way.  Littlefoot, Chomper, and Andromeda.  I need you to find them and put an end to them.  Bring Littlefoot to me.  I want to eat him.  I've waited 20 cold times for longneck steak." said Gallim to his minions Ozzy, Strut, Rinkus, Sierra, Red Claw, Screech, Thud, and Fast Biter Leader.  

Soon, his enemies would be dead.  Gallim laughed with relish.  "The world is mine!  Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!  Ha ha ha ha ha!  Ha ha ha ha ha!  Ha ha!"  Lightning flashed in the sky.

Note: This is the end of this one and also the end of the movie for part 1.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Some criticism on your villain, Gallim. He seems too much like the generic "classic villain", with the whole "I will rule the world". I know this is just his introduction, so I hope that he develops into something other than a 2-dimensional character.

For instance, why does he want to take over the world? What aspirations does he have? Try to avoid the whole "just because he wants to" or "just because he's evil" route; try to develop it more. For instance, take Red Claw from Rhombus's The Seven Hunters. His version in the story is close to the classic villain, but he'd given a deeper motivation than "just because"; he wants to avenge his son. He also wants to better the world, but only by his terms, and thus many innocents are harmed (and of course, he doesn't care).

What's Gallim's story? Try to develop that a little more to help him be more interesting. Yes a classic villain can be entertaining, but for me, a more developed villain is more interesting. One that you can, on some level, understand where they are coming from, even if they are doing bad things.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, I'm not following on the villain here, either. He needs to have a reason for what he's doing. Either he was betrayed or wronged in some way, or some horrifing experience hardended him, something. He needs to have some reason to do what he's doing. Like Darkhoumon said, a 2-dimensional villain get's boring quickly.

What species is Gallim? You say he's a bothtooth, but I don't really know what that is. I can guarantee you the Valley wouldn't willingly appoint him as their leader if he ate meat. They aren't that stupid.

It's good to see you're so passionate about writing fanfiction, but you could put more time into your writing.

Also, all these fanfictions you're putting up. At least some of them seem to be following each other, in a continuous storyline. I remember reading another one with Gallim's back story, and having all these seperate threads made for a continuios story is really confusing for the reader.

If some of these stories your writing are part of a larger story, as I'm suspecting, you should put them all together in one topic, making a different post in that topic for each part of the bigger story. Doing it the way your doing now is just flooding the fanart and fanfiction section with confusing topics that most people don't wanna read since they're so confusing.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
A bothtooth is his term for omnivore (the same thing as a halftooth in The Seven Hunters). And I agree; if Gallim ate meat, the residents would be skeptical of him at the very least.

Now if Gallim were full herbivore, but kept his shady alliances a secret, and if he acted like a respectable leader, then it could probably work.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jan 2 2015 on  11:56 AM
Some criticism on your villain, Gallim. He seems too much like the generic "classic villain", with the whole "I will rule the world". I know this is just his introduction, so I hope that he develops into something other than a 2-dimensional character.

For instance, why does he want to take over the world? What aspirations does he have? Try to avoid the whole "just because he wants to" or "just because he's evil" route; try to develop it more. For instance, take Red Claw from Rhombus's The Seven Hunters. His version in the story is close to the classic villain, but he'd given a deeper motivation than "just because"; he wants to avenge his son. He also wants to better the world, but only by his terms, and thus many innocents are harmed (and of course, he doesn't care).

What's Gallim's story? Try to develop that a little more to help him be more interesting. Yes a classic villain can be entertaining, but for me, a more developed villain is more interesting. One that you can, on some level, understand where they are coming from, even if they are doing bad things.
Gallim is actually quite evil.  He has more than just world domination plots that make him evil.

He is in several stories of mine.  As the movie is supposed to be two parts, of about 90 minutes each.

Gallim is a Bothtooth supremacist (You might prefer the term Halftooth).   He thinks that omnivores, which seem the most likely to survive catastrophes due to their special combined Sharptooth/ Flattooth abilities and form as well as diet, should be the natural leaders of the world as they seem the most likely to last long term.  Oddly enough, he says, and, ironically so, that it is inevitable that omnivores should become the dominant kind of the world at some point.  

He got the idea from his father (and possibly his mother too).  After his parents died in some sort of feud (of which he avenged his parents' deaths), he was left to do the plan himself.

He at first decides to test out his leadership and manipulating abilities by working with Sharpteeth to lure leaf eaters to their doom by luring away the main herd and having him and his partner or partners take out the stragglers.  

Gallim loves herd segregation, not as he is truly fond of it, but knows that if Sharpteeth and Flatteeth stay separated by herd, they will never reach their true potential and will be dangerous to his new world order.  Indeed, while in his first scheme, he finds that Grandma and Grandpa Longneck are such a tolerant type and decides to mark them and Littlefoot's mother and Littlefoot as his first victims, figuring it would be better to of them now than let them be a problem later.

As we all know, Sharptooth got sidetracked when going for them and went for Litltefoot and Cera.  Gallim is a quick thinker and decided he would go that way instead.  However, when Littlefoot's mother comes, he confronts her, and actually exposes his agenda, figuring he can take her.  He does hurt her, but she knocks him flying with the tail whip.  

Then Sharptooth comes and he actually yells, in Sharptooth, for Sharptooth to kill her, and Sharptooth fatally wounds her.  

However, as we all know, the Great Earthshake happened and Gallim was nearly killed there, and he thought that both Sharptooth and Cera had died and knew Mama Longneck couldn't have survived her wounds.  (He apparently forgot about the grandparents or thought they mighta died and anyway he couldn't get to them) and so he goes after Littlefoot.  

There is just enough gaps in between parts in the first film to make this all possible.  He laughs evilly and Littlefoot notices but can't find him and thinks it might be his imagination.

Gallim might have gotten Litltefoot, had Litltefoot not disappeared out of sight and, by the time he came to Rooter, Littlefoot was gone and Rooter wouldn't tell him anything.

Gallim soon says that his reign has begun and that if he ever encounters Littlefoot, the only one, as it is later revealed, at least in Gallim's mind, to have gotten away, he's gonna get him next time.  (He doesn't encounter Littlefoot again for 20 years luckily.)  

Gallim is a murderer and not just a world domination aspirerer.  He appears charming, posing as either a Flatooth or a Sharptooth at various times.   He has a secret alliance with the Domeheads.  

Also, I'm thinking of him having a role in what happened to Shorty's parents too.  Gallim can run really fast (his type is the fastest of the Fast Runners) and he can do jumps, though not as great, as Sharpteeth, and can also do stuff that Leaf Eaters can but Sharpteeth can't.  

He also is much more dangerous than he appears, as Red Claw, when he first met him, tried to make a meal out of him at first and Gallim attacked Red Claw and gave Red Claw his good looks (yeah, now we know where Red Claw got all of those scars.)  

Gallim also was the one that got the Old One to fight Chomper's girlfriend Andromeda, which caused Chomper's involvement and led to the Old One's death when he actually cut her open, trying to save his girlfriend.  Chomper had started to cacch on to Gallim and so Gallim wanted him and his girlfriend out the picture.

Gallim wasn't necessarily aiming to get Littlefoot banished, only to shake up the leadership of the Great Valley.   Indeed, Littlefoot's banishment was an inconvenience for Gallim as now he doesn't have him under his watchful eye and had to send his minions out to go get Litltefoot.  He also was still afraid of Chomper and his girlfriend, as he apparently knew that they had somehow gotten away from Red Claw.  

The whole story is very complicated.   Gallim is more than just your "I'm going to take over the world" type.

I actually had several stories going, including one called "The Terror of the Mysterious Beyond" that shows his back story a tiny bit and his rise to power.   That one is still under development, but it is up.

There is also one about what happened here between Petrie and Pterano that mentions what happened to Papa Flyer.  

Also, we also see the Old One's perspective and her past and her name (Clarice) as well as her death.  It is shown that she doesn't fault Chomper for it and shows the true meaning behind her last words, though in my movie, that wasn't quite explored.

I'm trying backstories for everyone to try and create a better picture and feel for things, rather than going into movie form right away.   I can use the best parts in the film, either showing them directly, or having a character refer to them.  

We are also going to see what happened with Chomper and a secret he's been keeping from the Gang of Five and Ruby in another story.  

Gallim is really lucky, at least for now, as, with what Chomper did, and Chomper having been known as the "Friendly Sharptooth", he can say Chomper was faking it for years and actually committing all the crimes Gallim actually was (i.e. saying Chomper spoke Leaf Eater and seemed friendly and was putting leaf eaters off their guard before smiting them.   In actuality, it was Gallim who spoke Leaf Eater and was doing that.)

Gallim is bilingual by the way, if you didn't know that yet, and can speak both Leaf Eater and Sharptooht.  

I will post the links to the other stories that go along with the Terror of the Mysterious Beyond finale stuff as soon as I can.   I should have done that for each one.  

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
How would Gallim be able to pose as a leafeater and a sharptooth at different times? I'm pretty sure the valley residents would recognize an ominvore when they see one.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jan 2 2015 on  03:59 PM
How would Gallim be able to pose as a leafeater and a sharptooth at different times? I'm pretty sure the valley residents would recognize an ominvore when they see one.
Perhaps.  But perhaps his type has never been seen in the Valley before.  Anyway, he's not going to be like "Hey, look, I'm an omnviore!" or eat meat in their presence.

Gallim, as I said, has been working this for years.   His first target was Littlefoot's family and he chose them, in fact, because he realized that tolerant longnecks like Littlefoot's grandparents were a threat to his new world order, as he needed to ensure disunity in order to thrive and hence they had to die first.  

Another thing going against the Great Valley residents is that, by the point he actually stays in the Great Valley to occupy it, the land has been lucky in that nothing really bad happened in at least 10 years, so they are off guard and complacent.  Perhaps few farwalkers were coming for years.  In fact, some young dinos actually think Sharpteeth are fictional.

I'll admit, my biggest problem with making him threatening is that I know he can only be half the size of a longneck or T-Rex at most, yet he's able to make Red Claw do his bidding and even stand up for a while against Mama Longneck.  

True, he often doesn't do the dirty stuff directly, but he has to at some point otherwise someone would depose him.

Their size varies though depending on what source you read about them.

If I didn't have the name Gallim (which is short for Gallimimus) down in a lot of places, I'd consider making him a Deinocheirus instead perhaps.  

Perhaps he could have Deinocheirus allies still.  The more Bothteeth he commands, the happier he'll be.    :lol

Anyway, I guess I confused you by starting in the middle.  I actually have a chapter on Gallim's story somewhere in here.  Wish there was a way I could go somewhere and check where I posted in the past with a post viewer or something.   (I can do manual search, but that could be a problem if I hadn't been to the topic in a while.)

Technically Callim's Sharptooth allies would know that he's a Bothtooth, as we can see that, when he distracted the leaf eater herd with Sharptooth himself as his ally, that Sharptooth was wondering how Gallim could eat sweet bubbles.   However, the Sharpteeth, hungry as they are, or greedy, or both, (it varies) probably don't mind it as long as Gallim redirects lots of herds away from them so they have to fight less but can still get food.  

Gallim can run as fast as a cheetah (which Gallimimus actually could) so he can get away with his Sharptooth allies turn on him.  

He was given teeth even though his kind aren't supposed to have any.   (Even Ruby got accidental teeth in a few shots of the TV Series.  However, Gallim's, like Ichy's, are LBT universe alterations of the real world.)