The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Land Before Time Video Game ideas.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
I'd personally love some sort of cross between a platformer and an adventure game...like, you'd start out in the Great Valley and you'd have free roam of most of it, with a bunch of characters from the films waiting around in areas to give you random minigame quests like in one of the earlier Spyro games (for instance, race against Cera to knock down as many treestars as possible before a timer runs out), but there'd also be one character you could interact with to advance the plot, and this would unlock new areas of the map and give you new tasks/minigames, and so by the end you'd have resolved whatever the overarching story was, but unlocked a giant sandbox stretching from "Big Water" to the environs of the first film that you'd be free to run around in. It could also be interesting if you could switch between characters, with them all having different abilities that they can use to get past obstacles and the like...

Seems like this would be the ideal mixture of elements to me...an overarching new story to get invested in, minigames for timewasting fun when not doing the main story, and at the end a huge world to play in and use for screenshots for RPGs and the like! :)
That would legit be fun. My childhood games were all platformers, and it'd be so nice to see my favorite kids' movies be adapted into a classic-style platformer game.

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
That sounds amazing!! Would like to play a game like that. :chompysmile

Compsognathus

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I would like open-world LBT game with some RPG components, huge world to explore. With option to play as any of gang of seven members, meeting many characters from movies and series, more side-quests in many forms referring to these characters. It goes without saying, that there would be also fighting part against sharpteeth. Main story would not have to be very complex, but will put much more emphasis on side-quests. There would be also a few more playable characters, able to add into gang if befriended good enough and being helped by protagonists. Dialogues and side-quests especially with characters seen in movies and  a few other new main characters would be very elaborated, with options to answer to a problem in few different ways, which could at the end of the day affect, if character likes protagonist, or not. With this huge world, there would be many options to explore very far, there would be forest area, ocean coastline, plains, desert, mountains, even one, or two other valleys similar to "Great Valley" far away, memorable areas from movies too. Somewhere in this world would be nearly every character from movie to find, even if just for small dialog.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
A Land Before Time themed Tetris or Bejeweled Game would be fun.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith