The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Favorite Final Fantasy game?

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Since RPGs, particularly turn-based ones, are some of my favorite games, I grew up playing the Final Fantasy games for many years. Honestly, I think the first FF game I played, it was either 7 or 8, I played when I was either 5 or 6.  

Anyways, for those who like the Final Fantasy series, which FFs are your favorites? Since each one is set in a new world, there's a completely new story each time, something I loved about the games.

In my case:

The 3 Final Fantasys made for PS1 (7-9) were amazing IMO. 10 for the PS2 was also pretty fun, and from the classic FF games, I thoroughly enjoyed 4 and 6.

So, what about you guys?

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
my favorites are Final fantasy 7,8 and 4(out of the sprite based games) I also like 10 and 12 .

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
I like Final Fantasies 7 and 12 the best... 6 is good too.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I thought FF X-2 was okay but I hated the all human cast. I like FFX better and FFXII.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I dunno why, but I'm a huge fan of Dirge of Cerberus.  Prolly just cause I'm a Vincent fan.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I liked DOC because it was a dark game.The story was lame but the soundtrack,gameplay,bosses and replay value made up for it   :smile

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Agreed, though I did like DOC's story slightly.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
To be honest, I doubt I could really place a favourite FF game. I love all the ones from 7 to 12 (excluding 11 coz it was online only and I didn't have a 360 nor a suitable PC to play the bless-ed thing). Every FF game is great in it's own right so it's kinda hard to place one above the other. In light of all of this, FF13 is shaping up beautifully and can't wait for that to hit our shelves by the Xmas of next year (if something doesn't screw up in transit)

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
FF Tactics for PS1. The Tactics they made for GBA sucked.

Second would be FF9. All of the new FF's, I don't know their numbers, but the ones with the all girl cast, the high tech stuff, that's all stupid, they went in the wrong direction with the series. The MMO (If I'm correct abut that) looked fun.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
the funny thing is that FF Tatics on the GBA was what got me into the Final Fantasy series although it sucked  :lol  

FFXIII looks amazing and I would get it but sadly I don'y own a PS3 or 360 so I might have to pass that one then there's FFXIV and its just another MMORPG.