The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I am in a bit of a dilemma here.

There is a Brony Convention finally coming near my home town and I really want to go.  Unfortunately I have to work that day and it is too late to ask for the day off. (You have to arrange it at least a month in advance.) So now I have a choice to make.  Either go to work and miss out on a one in a lifetime event, or call in sick and go to this thing.

What would you guys do in this situation?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
^Personally?  I'd call in sick.  But I'm a really good liar.  If you're not then I don't suggest you try pulling it off.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Feb 26 2012 on  11:15 AM
^Personally?  I'd call in sick.  But I'm a really good liar.  If you're not then I don't suggest you try pulling it off.
The system of calling in sick is actually pretty much automated.  You just call a number, push certain buttons for why you are calling in sick and then you are given a number of sorts that you'll likely never give directly to your supervisor.  After that, you are redirected to where the calls are mainly taken and give the reason you are calling in and the number you were given.

After that, you just spend the off day you now have and only worry about putting in sick hours on another day you actually work so you get paid for the sick day.

There's only one main rule to follow: 3 sick days within a 6 month period.  Leave of Absence Conditions do not apply.

Since I only have 1 sick day so far within 6 months and I only call in if I actually am sick, I think they'll let me slide.  I'll just have to come up with a good excuse for calling in.

I think a "bad fever" will do.  I've had one before.  Really sucks! :(

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
I think I may know of a way that Hasbro could appease both the Brony community and the soccer moms after this whole Derpy controversy: Have an episode focusing on Derpy and one(or all) of the Mane Six.

Now here's what I was thinking for an episode idea: Rainbow Dash would end up having to work with Derpy. Dash takes Derpy under her wing(no pun intended) and they do things like changing  the weather and such but as they continue working together, Dash finds that Derpy keeps messing things up. After awhile, Dash's patience has grown thin and she yells at Derpy about how she's had enough with her constantly screwing things up. Of course this makes Derpy really upset and she flies off. Realizing just how badly she hurt Derpy, Dash tries to find her and apologize. She eventually finds Derpy, sitting by herself, crying and talking about how she can't do anything right. Dash realizes that despite how things look, Derpy really has been trying her best. She approaches Derpy and apologizes, explaining that what she said was out of line and that she'd be honored to receive Derpy's help. The two of them make up and the episode ends with Dash helping Derpy to clear the clouds. The letter to Celestia would be about how some ponies need a little more help than others and that you need to take your time with them. And even though that pony may mess up sometimes, that doesn't mean that she's not giving it her all. The End.

So what do you guys think? Comments, suggestions, etc. are welcome.

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
pokeplayer984: Curse you for breaking my page topper streak! XD

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I just go to Google and type in "My Little Brony" and then click on the first link they give me. That site has a ton of hilarious pictures and gifs. I also look at the Rooster Teeth (Guys behind Red vs. Blue) forums. Others are from DeviantArt.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Quote from: Spartanguy88,Feb 28 2012 on  03:01 PM
LOL.  I love Twilestia and Molestia jokes. :lol Yes, I'm strange. :p

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Maybe there was another reason why Rainbow Dash decided to start reading in the hospital.

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
^Sure you don't... DENIAL.

Now I give you THE GREAT AND POWERFUL BIG MAC!

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Spartanguy88,Feb 29 2012 on  04:36 PM
Maybe there was another reason why Rainbow Dash decided to start reading in the hospital.

Apple/Dash? not a fan of it myself. I'm more of a Flutter/Mac kind of guy.

PanickyPetrie14

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dozyslumbers
Hmm... Recently I made my first ever flash animation. It's because we have a project in computer to make at least 1 minute frame-by-frame animation. So then, I meddled with Flash and made an animation. Turned out great (I guess)

So, hey, I want your opinion on this, or at least tips or any advice.  :smile

http://lugiadriel14.deviantart.com/art/Che...rsion-287918187

AND YES, that project has ponies. I have the strength to submit it.  :lol  :p

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: PanickyPetrie14,Feb 29 2012 on  09:16 PM
Hmm... Recently I made my first ever flash animation. It's because we have a project in computer to make at least 1 minute frame-by-frame animation. So then, I meddled with Flash and made an animation. Turned out great (I guess)

I'll admit that put a smile on my face.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: PanickyPetrie14,Feb 29 2012 on  08:16 PM

I dare you to submit that to EqD. :)