The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Let this episode mark the very first episode where Twilight Sparkle isn't present at all. ( :cry )

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Bongo,Nov 5 2011 on  09:40 AM
Let this episode mark the very first episode where Twilight Sparkle isn't present at all. ( :cry )
Well, I consider that a good thing.  Gives the other members of the mane six more of a chance to flesh out.  To be honest, I think Twilight has had enough time in the spotlight.  She needs a break.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
You smell something burning?

That's the fandom burning in the fires of Non-Canon.

Rarity now has parents.
Dinky's sister is Sparkler (Which means Derpy is BOTH their mother)
Berry Punch's daughter is no longer Pinchy, or Ruby, or what ever you call her, which means ALL those AskPony blogs, FanArt, and FanFiction are now non-canon

It's amazing what a single episode can do to bring down an entire section of Fan Made ideas that we have soon become so used to.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Bongo,Nov 5 2011 on  10:55 AM

Rarity now has parents.
Berry Punch's daughter is no longer Pinchy, or Ruby, or what ever you call her, which means ALL those AskPony blogs, FanArt, and FanFiction are now non-canon

It's amazing what a single episode can do to bring down an entire section of Fan Made ideas that we have soon become so used to.
Well, isn't the very POINT of fanart/fiction is that it's not-canon?

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLIT6cEksqY&feature=related

The most interesting video I saw today. During the 54 seconds Rainbow Dash seems unstoppable, but then starts to falter in the transition. Had the transtion been better, this would be an awesome video. :wow

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ohh!  Found a fanfiction where Rarity takes care of Rainbow Dash because she's sick.  This should get interesting. :)

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7422987/1/Dash...d_Pegasus_Spots

Enjoy! :D

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I can't wait for the episode to appear on torrent sites and YouTube.  Not being able to see shows as they air is one small disadvantage of not owning a TV. :p

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Quote from: Bongo,Nov 5 2011 on  03:55 PM

Rarity now has parents.

Erm, how exactly does this episode make Ruby Pinch no longer Berry Punch's daughter? As far as I could tell it just gave Berry Punch a little sister as well. In fact, Ruby didn't show up this episode at all...

And Pokeplayer, I reall think yo're lowing he whole "Rarity's parents not dead" thing out of proportion a bit. How does having them alive create a plothole? Why would it make Rarity having her own business a plothole? From what I see, it simply means that Rarity is old enough to live onher own and run her own business, and Sweetie Belle simply lives in Ponyville and visits her often. And I seriously doubt that any other fans will be particularly enraged by the fact that another mane character has determined parents.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
How the hell can you burn juice? :blink:

And then there was the uh....toast....? It was bubbling! XD

That was a very nice episode I believe ^^

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: MrDrake,Nov 5 2011 on  04:46 PM
How the hell can you burn juice? :blink:

And then there was the uh....toast....? It was bubbling! XD

That was a very nice episode I believe ^^
Sweetie Belle is still a better cook then I could ever be, :lol:  :lol:

Anyway, great episode. I really liked it.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yup, she can cook as good as Squidward can on his bad day "He burnt my fries!" "He burnt my burger!" "He burnt my shake!"

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Burning a shake sounds even more impossible then burning juice.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If I had a screenshot of that, you'll notice that the shake....it was basically deep fried :p

Then there was the whole "My sandwhich is a fried boot!" cue customer holding up a fried boot.

So by that, at least Sweetie Belle was trying to impress someone, while Squidward.....well, he was being Squidward :lol

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Nov 5 2011 on  02:19 PM
I can't wait for the episode to appear on torrent sites and YouTube.  Not being able to see shows as they air is one small disadvantage of not owning a TV. :p
I found one on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy4ouUsm89I

I don't think it's in hd yet.  The highest flv version is 480.  mp4 file's highest resolution is at 720, and whatever webm has a max resolution of 720.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Now I gotta watch that episode again. Is it just me or do Rarity's parents have a little bit of a Canadian accent?

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, they do seem like that.  Her father, I saw his cutie mark was.....well okay, I can't tell what it is, three of them, but makes me wonder what he does for a living.  Then her mother, didn't seem like she had one though.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
"As Celestia as my witness, I'll never be sisterless again!"
Gone with the Wind theme knock-off, WHY YOU NO PLAY!?

Man, Derpy must be pretty old to have Seafoam as a daughter XD .

Makes me sad, though, if Dinky isn't her daughter after all  :( . Though...I think I saw somewhere that she IS her daughter after all...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: MrDrake,Nov 5 2011 on  05:41 PM
Yeah, they do seem like that.  Her father, I saw his cutie mark was.....well okay, I can't tell what it is, three of them, but makes me wonder what he does for a living.  Then her mother, didn't seem like she had one though.
I think her cutie mark is covered by her pants.  I assume she has on pants since her legs look white and the skin on her head, neck and what we can see of her front legs are pink.