The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Daddytops2009, Please NEVER post that again!

Thank you! :)

Anyways, anyone want to make a prediction as to HOW Rainbow Dash ends up in the hospital in the next episode?

I predict a flying stunt gone wrong.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Feb 1 2012 on  06:10 PM
Daddytops2009, Please NEVER post that again!

Thank you! :)

Anyways, anyone want to make a prediction as to HOW Rainbow Dash ends up in the hospital in the next episode?

I predict a flying stunt gone wrong.
rarity I bet remember what she said at the end of the last roundup?

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Pangaea: Good point, I'll be sure to remember that. And I know that Cave Johnson would be so proud of both us.

My guess is that during the last few seconds of this scene was when Rainbow Dash remembered a certain infamous story involving her and Pinkie Pie. My point is, I LOVED the change in facial expressions.

PanickyPetrie14

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dozyslumbers
Earlier I was watching TV in Star Sports, their show "GAME" when Skyrim appeared and they showed some modifications in the game... INCLUDING THE MY LITTLE PONY MOD. :lol I was basically stunned at first, then bursted out in laughter when they zoomed in on the drago- err i mean Fluttershy's face. :lol

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile

Sweetie Bot? I'm all for cybernetic ponies but this is too WTF for me!

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/02/smal...py-overall.html
Derpy is being renamed.

Well congratulations fandom you've managed to F*** up a bit of fan service studio B has given us *sarcastic clap* well done.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: f-22 "raptor" ace,Feb 2 2012 on  09:45 PM
Well congratulations fandom you've managed to F*** up a bit of fan service studio B has given us *sarcastic clap* well done.
Blame Yamino for this clustef---. Most of the bronies like the name "Derpy".

----------------

Do people have to get offended about everything!?

Jeez, I didn't think "derp" was meant as an ableist slur. I thought it was a polite way to say "you f---ed up".

Nevertheless, I will still refer to her as Derpy, much like I still refer to my Wii as the "Revolution".

Granted, I don't like her voice that much but only because the voice is too masculine. Still, it works.

----------------

Quote from: Fairy1234 on  
I haven’t watched the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic episode yet. I don’t really want to. From what everyone is saying, it’s just going to do nothing but trigger rage from me. And I’m already pissed off at what I’ve been told.

So the grey pegasus with lopsided eyes is now offically called “derpy” and has a slurred speech. This is so fucking ablest, I can’t even believe that this is actually on a children’s program. Do you know what this is going to do? It’s going to encourage able bodied children that it’s ok to be ablest and that it’s ok to laugh at other children with disabilities. Don’t we get enough of this shit with bullies endlessly hurting and making fun of children who are queer? This needs to stop. It’s not funny, it’s hurtful. Also, fuck you fandom for encouraging the creators to do this shit.

I’m done with this show. I’m done. Until Lauren Faust and the rest of the creators get rid of this episode, change the pegasus’ name to Ditzy Doo and make a legitimate apology, I’m no longer watching any more of the new episodes. As someone who has Asperger’s Syndrome and has been called “retarded” before, this fucking hurts me.

It’s obvious that the creators don’t care about people with disabilities. They don’t care that children with disabilities have watched this episode and are crushed that one of their favorite shows is now mocking and laughing at them. I really want to make a petition or send letters to the creators but I highly doubt they’ll listen or they’ll just say we’re being too sensitive or some shit.

Read this rant. Overanalyzing too much?

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Actually the fandom wasn't the main pivotal point in this. True, they're the ones that got Derpy up on the screen, but parents who were being 'politically correct' thought that Derpy's voice and demeanor was mocking the mentally disabled. And those who complained were part of the minority as a whole.

:crazy

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Quote from: Serris,Feb 3 2012 on  04:40 AM
Quote from: Fairy1234 on  
I haven’t watched the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic episode yet. I don’t really want to. From what everyone is saying, it’s just going to do nothing but trigger rage from me. And I’m already pissed off at what I’ve been told.

So the grey pegasus with lopsided eyes is now offically called “derpy” and has a slurred speech. This is so fucking ablest, I can’t even believe that this is actually on a children’s program. Do you know what this is going to do? It’s going to encourage able bodied children that it’s ok to be ablest and that it’s ok to laugh at other children with disabilities. Don’t we get enough of this shit with bullies endlessly hurting and making fun of children who are queer? This needs to stop. It’s not funny, it’s hurtful. Also, fuck you fandom for encouraging the creators to do this shit.

I’m done with this show. I’m done. Until Lauren Faust and the rest of the creators get rid of this episode, change the pegasus’ name to Ditzy Doo and make a legitimate apology, I’m no longer watching any more of the new episodes. As someone who has Asperger’s Syndrome and has been called “retarded” before, this fucking hurts me.

It’s obvious that the creators don’t care about people with disabilities. They don’t care that children with disabilities have watched this episode and are crushed that one of their favorite shows is now mocking and laughing at them. I really want to make a petition or send letters to the creators but I highly doubt they’ll listen or they’ll just say we’re being too sensitive or some shit.

Read this rant. Overanalyzing too much?
Way too much. It's almost bordering on the "Pokemon encourages children to keep demonic animal familiars" or "Harry Potter encourags children to dabble in the occult" overanalysis.

In fact I saw a video a while back that actually predicted that it was only a matter of time before the PC-extremists got their claws on this show (Though his prediction involved peopls accusing cutie marks encouraging children to get buttock-tattoos)

I encourage y'all to go ahed and sign this here petition. It might not help, but it's worth a try.
I encourage y'all to go ahed and sign this here petition. It might not help, but it's worth a try.

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I find the whole Derpy debate absolutely ridiculous. To me, the people against Derpy's name rank up there with those women who believe that Santa Claus' catchphrase "Ho Ho Ho" is offensive to them. Puh-lease!

I'm positive that enough people will sign that petition, I however didn't sign it because I'm wary about stuff that requires posting personal information. That's just me.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, looks like Derpy has her name back! :)

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/02/derp...-love-fine.html

In other pony news, however, the names of MLP Plushies are being taken down from eBay.  Also, it is NOT Hasbro's doing.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/02/impo...reators-on.html

What is going on? :blink:

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
( Fairy1234)
I haven’t watched the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic episode yet. I don’t really want to.

Your loss then. I thought it was a great episode.

From what everyone is saying, it’s just going to do nothing but trigger rage from me. And I’m already pissed off at what I’ve been told

So one small scene is enough to keep you from watching the rest of the episode? One scene that wasn't even really that important to the rest of the story is going to keep you from seeing this episode? Did you ever consider, oh, I dunno, SKIPPING OVER IT?!

So the grey pegasus with lopsided eyes is now offically called “derpy” and has a slurred speech.

Since her discovery by the fans, she's always been Derpy. Even Lauren Faust has referred to her as Derpy.

This is so fucking ablest, I can’t even believe that this is actually on a children’s program

Oh my goodness! You mean to tell me that a cartoon meant for kids had a cross eyed character that talked slow?! HOW HORRIBLE! Surely this atrocity has never been witnessed in any kids cartoon ever!

Oh wait
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lgbLp9Z3eA

Do you know what this is going to do? It’s going to encourage able bodied children that it’s ok to be ablest and that it’s ok to laugh at other children with disabilities

Okay, I'm a little confused here. You say that this is going to encourage ABLE BODIED children to laugh at those with disabilities. Are you talking about children in, say wheelchairs or mentally challenged kids? If it's the latter then you're not using that term correctly.

Don’t we get enough of this shit with bullies endlessly hurting and making fun of children who are queer?

What does that have to do with anything?

This needs to stop. It’s not funny, it’s hurtful.

Where were you when Snips and Snails were introduced? You say that the protrayal of Derpy is hurtful but what about Snips and Snails? Don't they have slurred speeches? Aren't they slow?

Also, fuck you fandom for encouraging the creators to do this shit.

You're absolutely right. Bronies are absolute monsters! How dare we encourage the creators to give us a shoutout! Clearly these grown adults can't think for themselves and do whatever we want them to do. Oh, the humanity!!

I’m done with this show. I’m done.

Good. No one's gonna miss ya.

I’m done. Until Lauren Faust and the rest of the creators get rid of this episode, change the pegasus’ name to Ditzy Doo and make a legitimate apology, I’m no longer watching any more of the new episodes.

Lauren Faust and the MLP team don't have to do anything to appease you, you self entitled prick. And again, no one cares if you stop watching the show. Lauren Faust and Hasbro won't be losing any sleep over it.

As someone who has Asperger’s Syndrome and has been called “retarded” before, this fucking hurts me.

Oh, do not even go there. I have Asperger's too and I've also been called retarded and I love Derpy. I think she's a really cute character and I hope team MLP still keep her around.

It’s obvious that the creators don’t care about people with disabilities.

Please. That's a lie and you know it. How much you wanna bet that at least one person on team MLP has a disability?

They don’t care that children with disabilities have watched this episode and are crushed that one of their favorite shows is now mocking and laughing at them.

Or maybe they realize that these disabled children will watch the show, think nothing of what Derpy "represents" or whatever, find Derpy's antics humorous, and just go about their day? Really, I'm starting to think that children nowadays have more sense than people my age or older.

I really want to make a petition or send letters to the creators but I highly doubt they’ll listen or they’ll just say we’re being too sensitive or some shit.

Take it from somebody who has Asperger's just like you: You ARE being too sensitive. You're throwing a hissy fit and cussing over something that's not even a big deal. This episode wasn't even about Derpy. She was only in like what, maybe three or five scenes?

Now if this episode was about making fun of Derpy and her "disability" or if it had Dash call Derpy a "retard" or something like that, then I might see where you're coming from.

Sorry if what I said offends anyone on here. But I just don't pull my punches with BS like this.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Trolls are supected for the EBay takedowns. But EBay users have also been suspected. Their motive, revenge; because they were not able to sell similar fan items (PokËmon, Final Fantasy, etc.) would getting screwed by the company owning said property, they decided to lash out at the most obvious choice.

A tiny subset believes that some bronies are responsible.

Either way, I think Hasbro might "look the other way" for now just like they did with the hardcover copies of Past Sins, Fallout Equestria and the two pieces of pony fanfic on Lulu.com.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Anyone else want to bet that if Goofy were a recent addition to the world of animation, he'd also be considered a "hurtful" stereotype of disabled people? You think Derpy's bad? Try watching an episode of Monk. ...Or British comedy.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf