The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

News on LBT 12!

Threehorn · 347 · 32679

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I'm afraid you are right. Though I always hoped for the closing line of LBT 4 to be a promise, I don't think we can rely on it. However, with more than 20 TV movies to fill I doubt they'd ignore Ali's potential for more stories.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I think we've gone a bit off topic here.  Seeing as how this is suppose to be about LBT 12... I'm sure you know what I'm saying and all.

Anyways, with Land Before Time 12, interesting things I've heard so far from all of you. (I took the time out of my off duty schedule to read all the pages.)

Now, with the surprise Tria has, I'm guessing that Cera's going to be a step-sister. ^_^ I'm just saying that with how Topsy...

*gets charged by Cera.*

Cera: Don't EVER call my dad that!

Okay, Cera.  Sorry!  :(

Anyways, I'm just saying that with how Mr. Threehorn acts near her, I wouldn't be surprised if they got into a serious relationship. (Hey!  Even Littlefoot was thinking this.)

Oh, and speaking of Littlefoot, I did notice a few pages back of how he should be bigger and all.  Well, his Grandpa did say that by Littlefoot's age he had grown.  So I'm just guessing that Littlefoot is going through a late growth spurt of some kind.

Of course, The Simpsons have kept the charcters the same age for 16 years and still no one has complained about it. (Heck, enough days within those eps have past by that they should be 5 to 6 years older.) So, as long as they keep bringing a good series to watch, I could care less about them being forever young and all. (Besides, many an idea could be made for fanfics if they keep them young.)

Now, debating on whether or not 12 will be the last one, I'd say there's great chance of it budgetwise.  However, if they get a miracle donation of some kind, they just might pull off another one or two.  Then again, making a TV series with 26 eps really hurts a budget and all.  Heck, considering how much it costs just to make a one and a half hour movie, I can sure see alot of money being put into just the eps themselves.  Besides, there's alot to be considered.

First off, to keep the cast working, you have to pay them a respectable amount of money.  Add in possible food to feed everyone who works there. (Trust me, with enough people, that's gets quite expensive.  Even if you go with the cheapest food around.) Electic bill, film, paper, paint... it all adds up. (Oh yeah, sure.  These days you use computers to save on paint and all, but still, it gets expensive.)

Considering everything.  I'd say it's going to take a miracle for #13 to come forth.

Still, I wouldn't give up hope.  There's always that chance beyond a chance factor.  Kids is a VERY big target audience.  If they can just get enough... they just might do #13.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
It's a bitter sweet sinphony... that's life!

:D

Still, I have many concerns about the quality of the series, I hope they are as good or on the level of at least LBT 9, which, in my opinion, is one of the best sequels after lbt 4, and 7 which I also liked =p As for an lbt 13, well... I'm still waiting for lbt 12, and since 1997, I'm waiting for Ali to show up again, I think she deserves a new sequel dedicated to her.. and not an episode or a few in the series (if she appears in the series at all)... Another thing, are the series going to be something with a plot to be kept till the end, or each episode a different adventure? I hope it's the first one, and if so, should the future sequels have some base on the series?
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Highly doubt that the TV series and the sequels will be tied together in any way. They'll both have Littlefoot and co, and but I doubt their plots will ever crossover.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Does anyone know anything new about lbt 12? It's been a while since anything about it was brought up
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I just found something that strongly suggests that the film will be coming out later this year.  

Billy Martin's webpage
Billy Martin's webpage

I am inclined to believe this, since the guy actually worked on the music.  I can hopefully find an official release date soon.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oooh! :D  I like!
That sounds quite believeable doesn't it?  Thank you for posting this! B)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Not really a whole lot of info to go on, though, but still it is an update, something we've been seeing less and less of, so I'm happy.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
You sumed up my feelings nicely there, WR. B)

I also liked seeing the recording hall where the music was played/recorded.  It's amazing how technical a recording studio looks as opposed to a live concert hall.  The musicians look quite cramped though.  That's no fun. :P:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My guess of when it will come out, based on this new info, is around Christmas time.

With this info, I bet a good number of you have put this on your Christmas list already. :)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Very cool stuff. :)  Its not often you get to see what a recording studio looks like unless you're the one who browses all those extra features on the dvds...you might catch a glimpse then.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
If this is true about it coming out near Christmas I'm definately gonna use some of my Christmas money for it. I tend too stay clear of asking for Disney or movies like that for Christmas. I'd rather just hope I get an Amazon Gift card or Best Buy gift card and buy it then. Right now I'm a little bit behind though amazing enough I haven't seen Invasion  of the Tinysaureses yet.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
Sorry to burst bubbles but I heard from Aria a while back it could be just after Christmas when it comes out. They plan to bring out LBT 12 just before the series starts on Cartoon Network. Like a promomation for the series type thing, as I know about any more movies after that there is a likely hood that there could be a possible LBT 13 or even a 14. but it only a possiblity at the moment.

As we know this is one of the first movies base on a cartoon from 1988 to go on with 12 movies from 1996 to presant day, that has to brake some records. And now a series on top makes this even better, soon they start airing it on Cartoon Network, my neighbour allowed me to record it on his video player since his got the channel and we don't. His such a kind elderly man. :D I am sure to bring him something back from the USA. I always do bring him back something :) known him since he and his wife moved in they been such good oppisite Neighbours to us and that my mum helps keep it clear during the week for  him.

Back to LBT 12. I know for sure Tria going to be in it, and for the series I think Ali going to make a few apperances in it :) that kind of cool to know. But why has IDBM set out almost nothing about Land Before Time 12: Day of the Flyers?  -_-  what the problem with that? they spoke of the series but nothing on LBT 12 as I seen so far.

-Threehorn

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
We will probably see a trailer for lbt XII later this year, so we won't be totally left in the dark.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
There may be too little official information on LBT 12 so far for it to be released. Remember that some of what we know is inofficially official so to speak ;)
As for the series it is sure that Chomper will be in it while there is no hint other than our hope that Ali might be in it.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
IMBD haven't put up any information on Land before time 12. I have checked and very surprised by this, while i know they finished filming and such for Land Before Time 12, the information about it is unknown, there almost hardly any websites with the right information. only a few stats it name Land Before Time 12: The Day of the Flyers. nothing else  -_-

Suprising to see that though, cause on the last one they showed up information 6 months before it even put up on DVD and they put up informatiopn of the Land before time series in a flash. But number 12 that another story. Very weird

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
What could you expect? The target audience doesn't give a rip about websites, and probably aren't even old enough to properly use the internet.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That not always the case, there still a good deal number of people like us who watch the movies and if that the case then the series shouldn't even appear up there, but it has.

So there must be another reason while not only that one, it stupid if it is, I seen films put up there that not even came out yet. All I can think of is that Universal Studios let out little information to them.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Universal is being tight-lipped , clearly.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Like Universal gives a rip about a handful of people who are above the average age of the typical LBT fanbase!

Being tight lipped is one thing, Disney was tight-lipped about "The Lion King 1/2", but we still saw more of that than we've seen anything of LBT 12.