The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Favorite video game and why

F-14 Ace · 147 · 17671

Platvoet en zijn Vriendjes

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/landbeforetime
My favorite game atm is still World of Warcraft. The game is so nicely done. it's an MMORPG. You can choose different races like: Humans, Orcs, Night Elves, Undeads and several different classes. I've been playing it since 11th of february in 2005. It gave me pleasure for over more than 1 year and i still enjoy playing this game. But there are dozens of other games i also like. But this game is on my number 1 :lol

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
I mostly play FPS(in the Sci-Fi Genre of course).  But I like to play only one RTS game.  StarCraft is the only and best RTS I've ever played.  But other games I play are First Person Shooters.

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://s8.invisionfree.com/AvP2000
ah man i have to say halo 2, terminator 3, godzilla destroy all monsters melee, godzilla save the earth, aliens versus predator 2, and predator concrete jungle

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Right now, Halo is the only FPS I'm fixated on.   :DD

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
It's a tough choice, but I'd have to say Turok: Evolution for Gamecube because of the violence and the weapons. I love that rocket launcher. :p

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I like games where it lets you choose which view you want to use.  I prefer 3rd person but have gotten used to playing Star Wars Battlefrone I and II using 1st person.  My favorite type of game is a combat flight simulator like Ace Combat 5.  I haven't gotten a chance to play the new Ace Combat Zero yet.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'd have to say Turok: Evolution for Gamecube because of the violence and the weapons. I love that rocket launcher.

I've got Turok: Evolution for X-Box and PC.  Single player is alright; it's quite different from the previous Turok games.  I've been a fan of the game series since the beginning (Turok: Dinosaur Hunter For PC / N64).  I have almost finished playing through the PC version of Turok: Dinosaur Hunter without using the map at all (seeing how hard that is :p.  That, and the game seems kinda glitchy on Windows XP with the newer video cards.  The map doesn't work!).

Turok Evolution for X-Box is a wicked multiplayer game.   :lol
There is no multiplayer in the PC version, sadly.

I think I preferred the guns in Turok 2 (Seeds of Evil) which I also have for PC, to all the other Turok games.  About 25 weapons, almost all of which are a great time ;)  That's another interesting multiplayer game.  Turok 2 over Internet with up to 16 players.  Good time :p Older game, but good time :p

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I hate X-Box. :p

I never had the chance to play any of the previous Turok games, and I think it's too late anyway. I haven't seen any of the other Turok games lying around recently.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Man, I am pissed! :mad  :mad I was playing runescape and some jerk came up and demanded that I give him all my stuff or he was going to file a bunch of false reports and get me banned! :mad  :mad Well, I told him to buzz off so he apparently filed those reports, acusing me of impersonating a staff member, swearing (actually, I did tell him to go to hell), scamming, and I forget all the other crap he accused kme of.  But it was all BS! :angry: Well, the stupid idiots actually believed him and now I am banned! :cry  :cry You know, if a bunch of people filed reports on me, then I can see why but if just one single person accused me of doing all those outragous deeds, then red flags should pop up.  Someopne is trying to frame me! :bang  :bang  :cry  :angry: I'm going to creat a new account and hunt that loser down and kick his butt!  I'll file a bunch of fake reports on him.  I believe i'll be doing a service to my fellow players by doing so because what is to stop thise a@#$%&le from doing it again?  I'm sure he has done it before.  I have his screen name so I can file some reports on him.  Actually, they might actually be true about him.. I'm sure he does scam people!  I'm just so pissed off that I went through all that herd work to get my levels up and when I can finally mine gold, I never get the chance to do it because of this m*****f*****!! :mad  :mad  :angry:  :bang  I seem to have a nack for meeting jerks and losers! :cry  :mad I'll see to it that this donkyhole gets banned so he never pulls this crap again! :mad

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
OMG.  :o   Thank god I never submit to stuff like that.  I encounter morons on Halo, but thank god I have the power to ban them when I'm hosting a server.  As the saying goes, "The internet is Fueled by rage."  Speaking of rage, If you think that one player is unfair, you should see this kid.  Thank god I don't own an Xbox.

http://www.smithappens.com/video_angryhalogamer2.php

I laugh at how bad of a sport this kid is.  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol

WARNING!  THIS CONTAINS VERY EXPLICIT LANGUAGE!  WATCH AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Scary! That I'm afraid is the kind of people that might also pick up a real gun after playing such a game and forget about the differences between real live and a computer game.
That's really a nasty thing that was done to you F-14! :angry:
It is very long ago that I last played runscape, but I remember well how long it took me to even get as far as to forging steel. If several people team up to falsly accuse one person of things that person never did the admins of the game are compelled to ban that person even though you never did anything at all. Was that waylayer somebody in an administrative position himself?

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It just pisses me off that they ban me without any proof that I did anyting. :angry:

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yes!  Yahoo!  Apparently, someone up there must like me!. :D One of the staff members looked into those false reports and deemed them false and reactivated my account! :D  :D  :wow It was their mainframe that banned me.  The computer automaticlt baned me but when someone is accused of the real serious stuff, the staff has to look into it.  Now, he jerk is banned!  Justice prevails once again! :DD I only wish I could have kicked that loser's butt first! :cry2

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, good for you, F-14.  Now, back to games! :)

Yesterday I bought the newest Sonic game, Sonic Riders!  And I just have to say this... WOW!  WHAT A GAME!! :wow

I have only played it for a few hours and can't get enough of this amazing racing game. :^.^: (In fact, I'm tempted to kick my little brother out of his room just to play it :DD)

Choosing to go with Air Boards (Think of them as skateboards without wheels.) for a racing game was a good move IMO.

The story goes that some new rivals in town have Air Boards that can go faster than Sonic.  As a result, Eggman has set up a no-holds bar racing competition.  To enter, each participant needs one Chaos Emerald.  There's only two rules for this race.  One, you use Air Boards to race and two, first participant to cross the finish line wins.  Everything else goes. :)

Now, the Air Boards are your velchile in this game of racing.  The thing is though, the Air Boards have a limited fuel as it were.  So, how do you get more fuel to continue racing.  The number one way is performing tricks.

I must admit, performing all those tricks is rather cool.  The bigger the trick, the more fuel you get, and the more speed you get as well. ;)

Performing tricks isn't too difficult.  All you need is a little air, and fast fingers. (A Button + Control Stick.)

There is a method called riding the Turbulance.  You can actually ride the exaust of the Air Boards of those in front of you, but only if they're going fast enough.  By riding the Turbulance, you go so much faster, and it ends up being a great oppurtunity to pull off some tricks.  Even one's you're not attempting to do. :^.^:

Now, what do I exactly mean by no-holds bar?  Well, each charcter has their own weapon with them.

Sonic uses his classic spinning attack.

Tails has a Spiked Ball and Chain that he swings around.

Knuckles uses his fists.

Amy (Yep, she's in it too.) has her trusty Piko Piko Hammer.

The other three I'm not sure of, but I know these four. :)

There's only one catch... ;) You need 30 rings to use them.  And of course, just like any Sonic game, getting hit makes you lose rings.

However, don't worry if you don't have 30 rings, you can still hurt them, you just won't use the special weapon the charcter holds.

All of it just sounds so much fun, and I have to agree. :)

Sega has outdone themselves with this game. :p

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Haha, this sounds like a game that I would Really enjoy :wow
I love fast-paced racing games where you can beat the living daylights out of your opponents :D

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The second volume of the Halo 2 Soundtrack came out today! YAYYYYY!  The CD I preordered at the begining of the month is going to arrive in a couple days!  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Apr 25 2006 on  06:24 PM
Haha, this sounds like a game that I would Really enjoy :wow
I love fast-paced racing games where you can beat the living daylights out of your opponents :D
Knowing how much you enjoyed the different Mario Kart games over the years, I have no doubt you would enjoy it. ;)

I played the game with my little brother yesterday and he smoked me! :o

The bigger shock is that I have gotten further in the game than he has. :blink:

He's just a natural at the game, and I'm happy for that. :) (Though he could stop bragging about it. :angry:)

Now, here's one to add to the list of weapons used by charcters.

Jet the Hawk: (Note: He is one of the three new rivals in town.  He's actually the best out of them.) He basically uses his beak to peck his enemies.

Well, I hope to give more info on this later.

See ya. ;)

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ace Combat Zero is out now!  I haven't gotten to try it yet though.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Wow!  I went to Movie Gallery looking to rent Secret Weapons Over Normandy but they didn';t have it.  But they did have Ace Combat Zero! :D   I thought I wouldn't get to play it till my birthday! :DD   I have already beaten the game!  Not to be bragging or anything, but I am so good at Ace Combat 4 and 5 that Zero gave me very little trouble.  Its not as good as 5 but its alright.  Awesopme special fx.  Beautiful graphics.