The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Hello LBT fans

Compsognathus

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Hello.  :)

(Sorry for possible grammar errors, english is not my first language)

I am a fan of Land Before Time for a long time, in my elementary school days I saw  V, VI, VIII, XI,. Many years later, 2015 I happened to watch LBT again, watched I through XII in Czech, (my first language), after huge disappointment with Czech dub of LBT series,  I watched not only the series, but also every movie in English dub (apart from XI).  I watch some LBT movie or episode now and then. I know this forum since few years ago, but I did not register until now.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Hi and welcome to the Gang of Five! Yeah, dubs are quite out there. I'm lucky to find a couple of the Japanese ones, some of the better ones... compared to some others.

Nice username. :longneckBRUH
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Welcome to the forum!

What's your favorite moments and characters from LBT movies?
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Hello and welcome! :petrieLOL

I am a fan of Land Before Time for a long time, in my elementary school days I saw  V, VI, VIII, XI,. Many years later, 2015 I happened to watch LBT again, watched I through XII in Czech, (my first language), after huge disappointment with Czech dub of LBT series,  I watched not only the series, but also every movie in English dub (apart from XI).  I watch some LBT movie or episode now and then. I know this forum since few years ago, but I did not register until now.

That's somewhat similar to my story. I watched some of the films in my elementary school days, then saw the rest of LBT many years later.

What was so bad about the Czech dub? Now I'm curious.
:)littlefoot

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Welcome to out little corner of the Internet!  :rainbowwave I hope that you enjoy your time here.  :)littlefoot

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Compsognathus

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Hello and welcome! :petrieLOL

That's somewhat similar to my story. I watched some of the films in my elementary school days, then saw the rest of LBT many years later.

What was so bad about the Czech dub? Now I'm curious.
:)littlefoot

Czech dub of movies was good, but dub of series was very different, and in a wrong way. I noticed, that original Czech cast of LBT movies did also another dub version prior to this, but I did not find it.
There is also a new dub of movies, i did not see either.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 07:49:03 AM by Compsognathus »

Compsognathus

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum!

What's your favorite moments and characters from LBT movies?

My most favorite characters are Petrie and Guido, I also like Chomper, Pterano, Ducky, Doc, Ozzy and Strut

I have many favorite moments, for example virtually every moment with Petrie, Guido sleepwalking and being chased by Spinosaurus, Guido appearing in Great Valley, taking care of eggstealers and young Chomper

Then my favorite movies: LBT II, V, VI, VIII, XII. 
And I do not like the plot of XI and XIII

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hello and welcome to the GoF Compsognathus!  :rainbowwave

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Hey there! Yeah, I can say that I was one of those who watched all of the films in my language (Finnish) before jumping into the ''real'' versions. I like them both, but I must say that the voice acting in those dubs can sometimes feel a little forced. Anyway, welcome to the forum buddy! :Mo

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^Oh, that's neat. I didn't know you'd seen all the Finnish dubs (let alone that there were Finnish dubs). :)

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^Oh, that's neat. I didn't know you'd seen all the Finnish dubs (let alone that there were Finnish dubs).

What, you didn't think that they only had the English versions, did you? :p Yeah, I've seen them all, the most recent being the Journey of the Brave. I actually had almost all of the films in Finnish dub at one point. Some I borrowed from friends or even the local library while others were bought or even given as presents to me. I still might possess at least over half of them, but the original & initial sequels are almost certainly missing from the collection. Mind you, this was the time when VHS was still a thing. :smile

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What, you didn't think that they only had the English versions, did you?

I kinda did, actually. As silly as it might sound, I kinda forgot that Finnish was its own language. Like, I know you live in Finland, but I guess because you speak English when chumming out with the rest of us, and I don't remember you telling us about knowing a different language, so I guess I just thought that you were from an English-speaking country. Even though that makes sense what you've said, but eh, I never really thought about that before. So hence, I was actually surprised to find out that there's a Finnish dub of the entire series.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^Now that you said it, it does sound a bit silly. :p But at least now you know there are Finnish dubs for all the films. :confused

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile