The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Yes

Ratiasu · 67 · 7867

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Aug 24 2006 on  10:59 AM
What has allowed me to compensate for my anti-social tendencies is my intelligence. Asperger's is a disease where the person has high cognitive ability but limited or retarded social interaction.   As I have matured I have become sloghtly more comforytable in social situations, but I am still more comfortable being by myself...
Yep, I'm aware of that. Same deal with me. Recently me and my dad went to New York to get my brain scanned, and it turned out my brain had the Ring of Fire makeup - it was overracting and hyper sensitive. My dad says I'm a fantastic writer, but I fail most of the time in Math and History. I'm not quite sure how high, average, or below is intelligence is from the norm, though.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm a a good writer, and oustanding in history. I'm ok at math. As for Intelliegence, I'm  well above average. I've never had my brain scanned, but I did get my intelligence tested. Verbally I score in the 99th percentile (I am vEry good at expressing myself verbally),  although when I write stuff down, its not as good as when I verbally express it...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Aug 24 2006 on  11:08 AM
I'm a a good writer, and oustanding in history. I'm ok at math. As for Intelliegence, I'm  well above average. I've never had my brain scanned, but I did get my intelligence tested. Verbally I score in the 99th percentile (I am vEry good at expressing myself verbally),  although when I write stuff down, its not as good as when I verbally express it...
I'm pretty much the opposite - I can express myself in writing, but I can never find the correct verbally words...well, my dad says I'm getting better, but at the moment I can't think of any direct examples...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
What we can agree on is that our brains are 'wired' differently than 'normal brains. my Asperger's (which is defined as Pervasine Developmental Disorder or PDD) derives in part to due with my prematurity. I was born 4 months premature and weighed 1.5 pounds, and my body had not fully developed. I am very lucky to be in as good a position as I am now, It would be a lot more difficult for me, if I was merely average in intelligence...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Aug 24 2006 on  11:18 AM
What we can agree on is that our brains are 'wired' differently than 'normal brains. my Asperger's (which is defined as Pervasine Developmental Disorder or PDD) derives in part to due with my prematurity. I was born 4 months premature and weighed 1.5 pounds, and my body had not fully developed. I am very lucky to be in as good a position as I am now, It would be a lot more difficult for me, if I was merely average in intelligence...
I was born prematurely, too. Five months premature. I don't know how big I was, but I only weighed one pound, 11 ounces, and...I looked like a fish somewhat; I didn't have any ears, I was bright crimson, and I had webbed fingers. But I do have scars from when they hooked me up to this machine that aided me in breathing but blew up a lot of my alveoli...which I don't really mind, but I have a much lower lung capacity then normal people, which becomes troublesome during a class in physical education.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You were born 5 months premature?!? That must be some sort of record! If you had been born today you wouldn't have had to suffer the loss of liung capacity that you did. Consider that even at 4 months gestation, you still outweighed me by 3 ounces. As for breathing you should try to do things that can increase your lung capacity. Running, for example. Start with short jogs, and gradually lengthen them. Don't overdo it. If you begin to feel very tired then stop and rest...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Aug 24 2006 on  11:31 AM
You were born 5 months premature?!? That must be some sort of record! If you had been born today you wouldn't have had to suffer the loss of liung capacity that you did. Consider that even at 4 months gestation, you still outweighed me by 3 ounces. As for breathing you should try to do things that can increase your lung capacity. Running, for example. Start with short jogs, and gradually lengthen them. Don't overdo it. If you begin to feel very tired then stop and rest...
I don't know if that was a record, but I was supposed to be born in June and I was born in February. Oh, and about the exercise thing, my dad is doing everything in his power to get me off of the computer. Occasionally I go 15 minutes on an elliptical trainer or walk down to the library or something. Not much, but I guess it helps. Oh, and thank you for the advice.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes, Computers can be addicting but you need exercise... If you like basketball(like I do) get a basketball and a hoop and start shooting shots. It helps with your reflexes and hand-eye coordination.  if you like sports that is... And February to June is 4 months, not 5, that would be July... 2 to 6...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Aug 24 2006 on  11:39 AM
Yes, Computers can be addicting but you need exercise... If you like basketball(like I do) get a basketball and a hoop and start shooting shots. It helps with your reflexes and hand-eye coordination.  if you like sports that is... And February to June is 4 months, not 5, that would be July... 2 to 6...
Oh, sorry about the month confusion. I'm not quite awake yet - it's pretty early where I live. There aren't any sports I enjoy, I'm afraid, so basketball is out of the question.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If you don't like sports.. then make one up... Combine two different sports , like soccer and tennis.  You take a soccer ball, and try to kick it over a tennis net, using the rules of tennis. As long as you get exercuse.. and you had to have been 4 months premature because there is no way you could weigh more than I did at 5 months at 4 months. 4 months olds weigh less than a pound, a pound max. Sorry another of my tendencies is I tend to Obsess about things... :P:
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Aug 24 2006 on  11:49 AM
If you don't like sports.. then make one up... Combine two different sports , like soccer and tennis.  You take a soccer ball, and try to kick it over a tennis net, using the rules of tennis. As long as you get exercuse.. and you had to have been 4 months premature because there is no way you could weigh more than I did at 5 months at 4 months. 4 months olds weigh less than a pound, a pound max. Sorry another of my tendencies is I tend to Obsess about things... :P:
Eh, I'm just leery of sports in general, but I'll try to think of something. Oh, and the tendency thing is alright. I don't really mind it.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You're a good guy :P: ... hey, you say that you are a very good writer. Then make up a story in our random Role Play! Show us your skills Rat! It could be about anything, hence the "random" connatation :) I'll join in your story, too, I like Roleplaying... :D
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Aug 24 2006 on  11:55 AM
You're a good guy :P: ... hey, you say that you are a very good writer. Then make up a story in our random Role Play! Show us your skills Rat! It could be about anything, hence the "random" connatation :) I'll join in your story, too, I like Roleplaying... :D
Thank you. You're a good guy, too. Easy to talk too. In any case, it takes some time to think up a plot, situation, and character for a role-play. Granted, I do have a favorite role-play character who has weirdly been stalked by 12 random females in the three-month time span I've been role-playing him as, but it's a bit hard to think up something I haven't done before with him and I want to do something different here if I RP him. So far I've RPed him in a "Lost" (as in the TV show on ABC) RP, a PokÈmon RP (he was mauled three times in two hours and got the medical center in his base burned down to the ground in the same day, so life isn't great for him there), a role-play site where New York is infested with vampires, werewolves, deities and demons, and...hmm. Well I think that's it. He wouldn't fit in, say, a dinosaur role-play unless he time-traveled or something, but that wouldn't make much sense because he's not interested in the past.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You won't have vanmpires or demons in here.. unless they are part of his Rp.. By all means use your character... this board is a clean slate for him and for you...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Aug 24 2006 on  12:05 PM
You won't have vanmpires or demons in here.. unless they are part of his Rp.. By all means use your character... this board is a clean slate for him and for you...
I understand. I originally created him with the intention of role-playing him on a "Lost" RP site, but he's really flexible, considering the fact that most role-play sites I go onto allow human beings. In any case, I'll try to think of something. My creative juices have been slowing quite a bit.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I understand about how it takes time for the "juices' to start following, and sometimes all you need is someone else playing along with. It becomes give and take,  and if the other person thinks that things are going too far, he or she will make a comment on it. Then you respond by tweaking your previous post in a way that brings things back "in bounds as it were."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Is this still a welcome thread where I can say "hi" at least?  :P:  :lol:

:wave

I'll get out of your way now....

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Aug 24 2006 on  08:30 PM
Is this still a welcome thread where I can say "hi" at least?  :P:  :lol:

:wave

I'll get out of your way now....
I don't mind, Petrie.

Oh, and Nick, I'll keep that in mind.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
Has everybody forgotten about me?  I have aspergers too, Nick.  I have been going in to get help with my social problems for over seven years, and now I am better at socializing with normal people than I once was.

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cyberlizard,Aug 24 2006 on  09:32 PM
Has everybody forgotten about me?  I have aspergers too, Nick.  I have been going in to get help with my social problems for over seven years, and now I am better at socializing with normal people than I once was.
Good for you, Cyber.