The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Cera's "Sisters"

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Therefore, either Mr. Threehorn fails to acknowledge that fact that he has other children or Cera is the only surviving female child. This doesn't rule out the possibility of male siblings who are never mentioned though.
And any other siblings of Cera are very unlikely as I really don't see why Cera's father would order her to follow him during the fire but not loose a word about everyone else. The only point speaking really for any other relatives in the Great Valley are Dinah and Dana, but from their looks I really think they are more likely to be adopted. Any of the other threehorns we see near Cera's father in LBT 2, 3, and 4 can easily be seen as members of another family who just happened to stand nearby, though in some cases it appears likely that whoever drew them was thinking of them as relatives of Cera.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Some of them could be her cousins or aunts and uncles.  It's likely Cera's dad does have at least a couple of brothers and sisters and her mother also.

Zenoah

• Spike
    • View Profile
I personaly think that her mother and sibblings did'nt make it. Thou I did get confused with Dana and Dinah appearing then suddenly dissapearing as the sequels progressed.
Thou I dont follow sequels since it's other writer's doing the job and they tend to make stuff up if they cant explain something.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I, too, agree they did'nt make it :cry.  As far as Dinah and Dana are concerned, I tend to believe Cera has an older sister who has never made an appearance :yes.  Whoever this sister is probably does not have strong ties to her father, as seen in how harsh his attitude was before.  However, she does not hold his grandkids hostage from him.  But that's just my theory.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That is one possibility.  I think it's been mentioned before.  It could also explain why their parents didn't appear, they didn't hang out with cera's dad much.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Mar 2 2008 on  12:56 PM
That is one possibility.  I think it's been mentioned before.  It could also explain why their parents didn't appear, they didn't hang out with cera's dad much.
If ya could possibly inform me where this was quoted in the series, I would greatly appreciate it ;)  :yes.  On another note, I heard of something rather interesting.  Y'all know threehorns fall under the group called ceratopsians.  Well, allow me to demonstrate:

Tri=Tria
Cera=Cera
Topsi=Topsy
An=Anne

Don't know where Tricia comes into play here, but this was too interesting to not post :yes.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
As for Dinah and Dana, I still think they are more likely to be adopted or (looking at their sudden disappearance) "temporarily taken care of" by Cera's father. Of course they are refered to as "family" by Cera, but in LBT 4 we have Littlefoot's grandpa refer to a herd of longnecks they have never met before as "cousins". These movies suggest that the term "family" is much broader defined in the understanding of LBT dinosaurs than in ours. LBT 8 again creates a very different impression about this, but Spike is definitely defined as part of Ducky's family (and so may Dinah and Dana be defined as part of Cera's family). Apart from their disappearance one of the major points to support the addoption theory is that Dinah and Dana look extremely different from Cera or from the threehorn hatchlings we saw in LBT 2 and 3. Their colors differ and unlike much older Cera they already sport three rather than one horn. The factual reason for these differences is probably that they meant them to look different from Cera or any other threehorns to prevent confusion (same with Tricia who might be brought up as an argument against the thesis of Dinah and Dana being a different species of threehorn), but that is not a reason that could be understood if laid out to an LBT character ;)

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Yeah...  I also think the family thing might more broadly defined in LBT than we would define it, yet, they probably know the difference...  So, maybe think of it like this: there are those of us who have really good friends, best friends, and also consider them family.  I, for one, have such a friend...  We come from different peoples, and our blood types are different - radically different; I'm A+, he's O - but, I have considered him, and will always consider him to be family, regardless of our different ethnic backgrounds (despite both of us looking caucasian, he does have some Indian in him) because of our strong bonds.  He's always family to me, and I always treat him as such...  I've felt a strong connection to LBT 8 because of that, recalling, at the very least,  the "Family" song.  It's obvious from the lyrics that the gang considers themselves to be a family; this would make a lot of sense, considering all that they've gone through together...  (On a side note, that single word, "together..."  So many images roll through my head about LBT when I think of that single word...  It's astonishing...) :D
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dinah and Dana could have been temporarily taken care of by Threehorn.  We don't know how long they were there, it could have been months they were there.  They could have been separated from their parents and a farwalker herd may have taken them to the Great Valley since that is safer for hatchlings then letting them wonder alone in the mysterious beyond.  Threehorn may have adopted them till their real parents came into the Great Valley somewhere between 6 and 7.  They may have been heading there when they got separated from their hatchlings.  Though it would have been better if they had at least been mentioned in passing in one of the movies after 6.  

As for the longnecks being referred to as cousins, as I've said elsewhere it could be that all of the same type may consider themselves cousins partially since some move around a lot or are farwalkers so another dino of the same type you meet may very well be a cousin.  Threehorn may well have called, offscreen, the threehorns we've seen cousins.  

It may also be, as I mentioned elsewhere, that Littlefoot's and Ali's herds (or at least some of Ali's herd, may share common ancestors.  I doubt the disasters that we have seen hit the great valley were the first ones to do so.  It could be one of the same disasters has hit before, and with no group like Littlefoot and his friends to fix things, that the herds did leave the Great Valley and split up like they were going to in the 5th movie.  A family of longnecks may have disagreed where to go, with some heading say west, and some heading east, south or north.  This would explain how Littlefoot's mother and her parents (I assume they are her parents since in the 10th movie Bron does not call Grandpa longneck dad, but papa longneck, maybe a title like old one) knew how to get to the Great Valley since their ancestors and the Old one's, may have actually lived in the Great Valley and passed down not just storied of the Great Valley but how to get to there also.  They could be cousins but not first, but 5th, 10th or more.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Yeah, there's so much possibility there, too...  There's just so much we don't know...  So many interesting theories have come up...! :DD
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

rosie

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Doesn't Cera have a nephew and niece? :blink:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The twin threehorns in the 6th movie are mentioned and called her niece & nephew, but we don't know if they really are, or if Threehorn "adopted" them till their parents could come and find them, or if their parents were visiting the great valley and he promised to look after them for a while.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Actually the twins are never referred to as niece or nephew. All that is said in LBT 6 is that they refer to Cera as "Auntie" and to her father as "Grandpa". Both of these addresses don't make it absolutely certain that they are really related by blood (the horns of Dinah and Dana and their colors suggesting that they might be a different species of Threehorn). Dear friends or neighbors of a family might be referred to as "auntie", "uncle", or (depending on the age) as "grandma" or "grandpa". The total absence of Dinah and Dana in the later sequels may make it very likely that they were adopted at least temporarily (maybe their parents were presumed dead but reappeared later or perhaps they had to undertake some journey which would have been to dangerous for the little ones or the like). It is probably just the filmmakers not caring enough to make their stories coherent, but in our efforts to make up for those shortcomings the idea of them being no real relatives to Cera fits in better than the idea of them being actual niece and nephew of Cera (this goes especially for the movies since the popping up of Tria).