The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Pat Hingle

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
When checking out Wikipedia a moment ago I stumbled across a sad piece of news. I checked out for news on daily events when a name in the "recently deceased people" list leaped at me.
Pat Hingle, the narrator of the original land before time movie as well as the speaker of Rooter passed away on January 3rd :(
I would be a liar and hypocrite if I claimed to take large interest in actors in general or even in the actors of the land before time. But still I do feel sad about the passing away of somebody whose voice we all took to hard in some very memorable lines he spoke once upon this same earth, beneath the same sun...

Pat Hingle, rest in peace :(

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I wouldn't really trust Wikipedia. A lot of the stuff there is fake . People can just write things there. It's not a reliable source.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0385757/

Oh crap, you were right. May he rest in peace. :(  :(

Tyrannosaur

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
the best narrator Land Before Time ever had.

he will be missed...

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Aww man, I knew that I knew his name from something...

Rest in peace Pat Hingle.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
That's... bad to hear.
May he rest in peace, I suppose.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I knew his as Commissioner Gordon in the 4 Batman Movies, before the revamping of the mythology with Batman Begins.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
He'll be missed by many.  A sad loss.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Always a shame to lose someone who is close to the LBT universe.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Rest In Peace Pat Hingle you will be missed.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
*sigh* ....You know, this is really sad news.... :confused ................Another casualty of time.... Rest in peace, Pat Hingle.... *sigh* ........All the good ones..... Dying of this or that... Death, death.....
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
It was sad indeed. I wonder if he ever knew that the GOF existed... probably not.

RIP Pat Hingle.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Oh man, another old cowboy gone. Sad. I'll miss you gun-blazing and riding off into the sunset!
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

crazedwriter

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://crazedwriter.lbbhost.com/index.html
I read Pat Hingle's obit in the paper this morning. What a loss. :( One of my all-time favorite movie lines is spoken by Rooter. About the Great Circle of Life and how some of us don't always meet at the end. His voice fit perfectly both character and narrator, very soothing and warmhearted.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: crazedwriter,Jan 5 2009 on  06:50 PM
I read Pat Hingle's obit in the paper this morning. What a loss. :( One of my all-time favorite movie lines is spoken by Rooter. About the Great Circle of Life and how some of us don't always meet at the end. His voice fit perfectly both character and narrator, very soothing and warmhearted.
I have to agree there... It was perfect... :confused :(
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
He'll sure be missed by lots of people, let's hope his family will have the strenght to get better to their loss, and for all of us who will always have a nice remember of him.
 Farewell Pat Hingle, may you rest in peace.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dash The Longneck,Jan 5 2009 on  02:11 PM
I wouldn't really trust Wikipedia. A lot of the stuff there is fake . People can just write things there. It's not a reliable source.

Oh crap, you were right. May he rest in peace. :(  :(
It's true, sad to say.  His obituary was in the local paper today.  I don't know what his cause of death was, but he was eighty-four years of age, so anything could have happened.  It's still sad news. RIP Pat Hingle.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Jan 5 2009 on  10:43 PM
Quote from: Dash The Longneck,Jan 5 2009 on  02:11 PM

Oh crap, you were right. May he rest in peace. :(  :(
It's true, sad to say.  His obituary was in the local paper today.  I don't know what his cause of death was, but he was eighty-four years of age, so anything could have happened.  It's still sad news. RIP Pat Hingle.
Cancerian Tiger, I believe it was leukemia that got him...  Rest in peace...

RFZT

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Aww!

Rooter was someone I always liked. He was one of the characters with some of the fewest lines, but almost everything he said was pure wisdom. His voice was perfect, too. Something I really loved about Rooter was how he seemed so grumpy and uncaring at first, but ended up being a very kind-hearted character. Now that I think about it, I think he's one of the wisest in all the LBT movies.

RIP Pat, you were a great narrator and voice actor.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Rooter was indeed a great character.  Only briefly in the film, but has a lasting impact even with his brief scene.