The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Secret Life of Pets 2

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I knew it would be not that eventful of an off day for me, so time to getting to watching some movies on my list.  Starting with...

The Secret Life of Pets 2

So, how do I put this?  It's not a bad movie, but it's not great.  My biggest problem with this movie is that it doesn't have a consistent story.  There's actually a few stories in this one and they try to bring them together in a meaningful way, but in the end, it feels like this would have been better if this was part of a few episodes of a TV Series.  For a movie, it's better if you stick with one story.  Sure, this was a nice ride, but it gets a bit hard to follow if you don't stick to one story.  Now, some movies make several stories put together work, but this one feels like it needs to go out of it's way to make that happen.

If I'm being fully honest, I'm probably not going to watch this one again.  It was nice, but there's better movies to spend my time with.

On to the next one.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I agree it felt like mini-episodes rather than one story. That and a total Gru knock off villian (not my words, but I agree).

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith