The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A Parting of the Ways

Nick22 · 691 · 35580

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Meanwhile Stripetail and Wayne returned from the cmeeting. Stripetail was secxretly hoping for a few days piece before the next issue requiring his involvement came up. As they reached Stripetail castle Stripetail saw Eva stabding in the doorway, looking unsure of herself. Her midsection had expanded slightly and Stripetail could think of only two possible reasons for it, she had either gained weight, or...
"I will talk to you later Wayne. I think you need to get back to Dinoton. The Minister and Cesha are probably waiting and wondering where you are.." stripetail said to him.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Strripetail looked at his friend. "Go Wayne. I needto talk to Eva in private" He said clearlyHis voice appeared calm but beneath the exterior he was fuming. He certainly wasn't  responsible for what Eva was going through someone else clearly was. There were only a tiny number og beings who could have pulled this off, without him knowing.  He entered the castle and looked at his young protege.  "Go in the study Eva, we need to talk.."He said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
"Alright Stripetail" Eva replied going into the study to see why Stripetail wants her to go in there to talk with him.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Stripetail closed the door. "You've been keeping a secret from me, haven't you?" He motioned at eva's belly, which was expanding to accomdate the growing child within. "It is impressive, really, that you have been able to keep this secret from me for this long. You're pregnant Eva... aren't you?" his voice was sharp. "This could only have done by a strong immortal, otherwise I would have sensed it. Eva, I am too old, physically, to have children, nor do I have any desire for them. They would be an easy target for my enemies, and I have many of them. In my youth, I lost my mate and unborn son, we had already given him a name: Stripetail Treeflyer Jr, stripetus as a nickmane" He voice was harsh no more it was very soft and filled with emotion. "It took me decades Eva to recover from thier loss, and I am in no mood for history to repeat itself. Explain youself.. now "he said and looked at Eva.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Yes it ture..." Eva explains the turth to him and what she been holding back. (I hope this is ok)

"Thats all of it" Eva said to Stripetail.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(More detail. Include Evalicators part, and the fact that the child was created through magical means)
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(that what the explained the turth part means. I just shorted it down.)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Stripetail's eyes narrowed to slits. "After 10 years of training you Eva.. I thought I knew you..." He shook his head. "EVALICATOR!" He roared. In a twinkling the Dragoness was there , looking perplexed. "Stripetail what is the matter?'
_
Save me the courtesy..." Stripetail snapped "Eva just told me something very interesting..' The color drained from Evalicator's face. "She told you then?"
"Yes and that you were the one who created the child. Oh,yes, You have a lot of explaining to do.." "Stripetail, I did it with pure intentions.."
"You and I both know what happens with "good intentions" horrible things happen as a result. I am forbidden by immortal law from having children now , as I am classed a 'pure' immortal. Pure immortals are only permitted to have children within thier first hundred years of life. I'm over a millon years old now Evalicator.'
"technically though, it isn't yours since I created it, You had no part in it." Evalicator replied. "I believe that you would make a great father Stripetail, and Eva here accepted the child. If the woman does not want the child in any way shape or form, the spell will not work. And yet it did. I cast a protective spell over the child, and the child has asborbed it. Its powers , even at an unborn state are incredible.
"Yet it will look like me and have my powers..." Stripetail said...grimacing..
_
Stripetail you have nothing to worry about. You are one of the most powerful and respected immortals on the Council, accidents sometimes happen like this, the last time a halfing was created it was a mistake as well. "
_
Do you really think the Council will buy that? you did this intentionally, you just admited it.. " Stripetauil replied, running his paws through his head fur.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Stripetail sighed and turned to eva. "have you named it yet?' He asked getting hismind as much off of this uncomfortable fact as possible. "it deserves a name at least. "
 "HE deserves a name. Its a boy" Evalicator corrected him. "He will be half mortal and half immortal,  while he will live a very long time, he will not be immortal like you. He will have some of your powers, but without supervision he will be unable to control them. Halfings cannot control thier immortal powers on thier own, that is why the immortal parent must play a big role in thier training. That would be you.." Evalicator said. "The child will be born in a few months, a good deal after Eva leaves Sowarkard."
" I wil go tell the Council what I have done. i'm going to to get reamed for doing it, but it must be done..' Evalicator said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Eva looked to Stripetail "I haven't really came up with any names Stripetail. Maybe you could help me come up with a name for him" Eva said to him in a gentle tone as much as she could to Stripetail.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Stripetail looked at his pupil then at her abdomen, where the bulge from the child within was visible. He sighed, and went over to a nearby bookshelf. He started comving through the sections...'Names.. baby names.. Magical protection for offspring. Training magical children.." he rattled off different titles, then finally took out a large book. "Magical Names, their history and significance"was its title."he sat down with the book in his lap. "Let's start finding a namr shall we?' He opened to the letter A.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Sorry for the long not reply I totally forgot about this one  :blink:  not sure how i forgot but I just saw you online and remembered this was here  :lol )

Eva sat down beside him "Yes lets begin Stripetail. Maybe we will find one that will fit for him"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(its alright) Lets resume it shall we?'
 Stripetail turnede the pages  Astor, Astril, azkadalus.. None of those caught his eye. None of the Bs, C's or Ds stood out either. The book was a huge tome, with more than 75000 names. He fliped his his name then flipped back. "Stripetail Jr is off the table.' He said.. "Unless you insist.."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I would think we should come up with a name that not used that much or never used before. A name that unqiue like him" Eva said to Stripetail thinking about what Stripetail been saying and the names he spoke out.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"That is going to be difficult then. most of these names are well known.." Stripetail replied.The E's came and went. Ethanmi,  Evan( a male version of eva) and Elliot, were considered and rejected. The F's passed in Similar fashion. "What about Galastor?' Came a voice from the doorway  It was Tarrax, peering in.. "It is a dragon name, it means 'one who shines". I do not approve of what Lady Evalicator has done, yet since she has done it, it cannot be undone..You are too far along Miss Eva.."  Tarrax had a gift for sensing things like this..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Yes it ture." Eva nods to him "I do like the name. It sounds very fitting, what do you think Stripetail?"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
'galastor is a rare name among dragons" Stripetail replied. "To name thier son that represets a belief that he will a dragon of note. " He turned to Eva. "Created by a dragoness, named by a dragon, son of a squirell. There is rich irony here... but Galastor will be his name" He said looking doan at the page in the book. the first name on the page. was Galastor... Its description read "one who shines" only given to dragons of noble blood, or who have great power and ability. Last dragion named Galastor was Galastor blueFlame, a nobleman on the dragon council DE 1245-1456." Irony indeed...
_
That name has not been used for hundreds of years" Tarrax said.  "I remember BlueFlame, he was a good decent dragon. he voted with me to agree to the armistance to end the Sixth Dragon War.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Sounds like he was a great Dragon Tarrax" Eva spoke hearing about what he did for Tarrax and for the Dragons in the Sixth Dragon War.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Indeed he was" Tarrax replied. "He was a good dragon, as I said. The armistance was one of his last votes before the great Schism.. which I was framed for causing, and lead to my exile." Tarrax had been considered an outcast for a long time, it had only been a shiort time since he had been exonerated, and he did not talk about his exile  very often. "The last Time I saw him was shortly before his death, He was very sick, but still had his trademark wit and sharp tongue. If you displeased him, he was not afraid to let you know it." tarrax replied. Now to the present.. your  son is not to know of his true origins, nor is he to know of my master's existence. He is to be raised as a mortal child, if he knows of his true power before he is ready, the temptation for him to use it will be too much, and both he and anyone near him will suffer severely" Tarrax's voice made Eva shiver,  and Stripetail raised his eyebrows.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I will do as you suggest and not tell of his ture power untill his ready" Eva said to Tarrax but she then said "What if when he about that age and I tell him and he takes it the wrong way?" Eva had brought up a very good point.