The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

As much as I love Littlefoot's mother...

Guest · 9 · 1998

Bruton the Iguanodon

...and no, this topic isn't on her subtle racist views. It's about her voice. I just don't like it cause it sounds too...old. I know they were trying to make her sound wise but they made her sound too old. Considering Grandma Longneck sounds pretty young for a grandma (she's voiced by the same chick that voiced the unnamed longneck mom in 10) I wouldn't think Momma Longneck would sound old in the least. That is kind of unfair though since Grandma didn't get a speaking role until 6 years after the original in the 1st sequel. But still, I'd rather Madonna have voiced Littlefoot's mom, and she's not exactly the first person I'd see voicing her (since she was like 30 at the time of LBT 1...however maybe 10 or so years later once she'd become a mom herself?  :smile ) I'm not saying her voice was god-awful, like Chomper's in 5, but I still think for such an awesome character she deserved someone...younger sounding. But that's just me. What do you think? (No offense to opposing opinions!  :) )

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
I've always loved her voice. I don't think it sounds that old.  :)
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

Bruton the Iguanodon

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Perhaps you're alone on this issue. I have no complaints against her voice either.

Bruton the Iguanodon

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://rosethethief.deviantart.com/
Really, what's there to hate about it? I personally see nothing wrong with it.

It leaves me feeling absolutely emotional every time.

Sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree with you here.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I don't see anything to hate about it, either. And maybe she is an older mother. Ever consider that? There are a lot of factors that might have disallowed her from having children until later if life. Perhaps that's why Littlefoot is the only one of his brood left.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I never paid much attention to this before, but comparing the voices of Littlefoot's mother in the English original and in the German translation I got to say that in the original her voice sounds distinctly more fey and remote than in case of the translation.

Ghostfishe

• Chomper
    • View Profile
She doesn't actually sound "old" to me at all. She just has a lower, more mature voice than if she were in her 20's or early 30's. I guess if you consider mid-30's to 40's to be old? But I think the tone of her voice suits a multi-ton sauropod just fine.  :lol: