The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Forgiving and Forgetting?

Guest · 36 · 5499

Bruton the Iguanodon

Littlefoot was such a rotten longneck in 1. Why wasn't Cera the main hero of the movie? She was so much better. She was never mean or cruel to the others like Littlefoot was. She didn't bash her mom, like Littlefoot did. she didn't bully Petrie for crawling on her head. She didn't try to kill her friends

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
And Littlefoot didn't bash his mother. Are you still upset over that whole "it was mother's fault" comment Littlefoot made? He was just upset; he wasn't bashing his mother. Do you really think Littlefoot would deliberately talk trash about his mom? No, he would not. Again, he was just upset and confused and working out his feelings at the moment.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I'm sorry, but he did.

Also he ATTACKED poor Cera and was downright cruel.

Why does he still have to have his moments? Why didn't the sequels change him completely?!

Bruton the Iguanodon

Spike wasn't much of a character? I don't really think I can agree with that.

I meant in the first film, in which he doesn't show until past the halfway mark of the already short film and has little to do in the sparse screentime he gets.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Apr 27 2012 on  10:06 AM
I'm sorry, but he did.

Um, no, no he did not. You can say that all you want to. But that doesn't make it true. Littlefoot was just upset. Him saying it was "his mother's fault" does not, I repeat, does not constitute as bashing. Do you even know what bashing is? Because it seems like you think that every negative thing said or done from or regarding a character is bashing (that's what it seems like to me).

Littlefoot never bashed his mother; he was upset. Don't you understand that? He was young, upset, and going through an ocean of emotions. Bashing would be hateful speech done when you're thinking straight, and it would be repeatedly.

How many times did Littlefoot say something bad about his mom?

Once.

What state of mind was he in when he said it?

Horrible, confused, emotional.

Littlefoot didn't bash his mother at all. He was just sorting out feelings in his head and speaking in the heat of the moment.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Littlefoot didn't bash his mother at all. He was just sorting out feelings in his head and speaking in the heat of the moment

I've learned the hard way that you can't take back what you say in the heat of the moment. So Littlefoot can't do that here either.

But let's forget about this and look at what else he did wrong. He was mean to poor Petrie for just sitting on his head and touching his treestar, ATTACKED poor Cera when she simply said something to him cause she was tired and hungry, and was willing to let his friends die, even though they weren't necessarily willing to die for him.

Have I proven my point?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
No, far, far from it. Littlefoot is not a rotten kid, and you are have no understanding or empathy for others, especially a young kid. LIttlefoot DID NOT BASH HIS MOTHER! He was an emotionally compromised little kid! Back off!
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
While my view on the fight might differ from yours, WR, I admit I didn't really like it when Bruton said that Littlefoot attacked "poor Cera". It sounded like he misread my posts, or misunderstood what I meant. I wasn't saying that Cera was innocent or Littlefoot entirely to blame; I was just saying that I feel both did something to help escalate the fight but that they were both stressed and it was bound to happen.

Cera was certainly not an angel in that scene. Yes I believe Littlefoot helped escalate the fight, but Cera didn't help either with her rude comment about Littlefoot's mother.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
What? You do believe Littlefoot is rotten and horrible, Dark?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Cut it out!
That's not what Kacie wrote and interpreting non-existing attacks into somebody else's posts is just one among the things that contributed to getting Bruton banned. Banned as he is he cannot react to any posts anymore. So if anything is to be added in this thread it ought to be on matters of the movie rather than on any personal bickering that might just turn into anything nasty.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I didn't attack anyone. The only thing my post here was supposed to say, WR, is that I did not agree with Bruton that Littlefoot was a "rotten kid". I only brought up the Littlefoot vs Cera fight because I can't help but feel that Bruton shaped his opinion of Littlefoot being nothing but a jerk from a misinterpretation of one of my posts. I admit I feel a little guilty if that is the case; my past posts regarding Littlefoot vs Cera from LBT1 weren't supposed to be about pushing blame onto another character. I never intended them to be interpreted as "Littlefoot is a rotten kid".

That is all I'll say on the matter.

mayday

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Mar 27 2012 on  11:18 PM
Littlefoot had just led them into more badlands.  How were they to know he was going the right way or not?

So you say Cera was worse than Littlefoot?  How about when he set Ducky up to be bait for Sharptooth?  Instead of taking on the role himself, he jeopardized someone else's life.  They both made their fair share of mistakes.  Everyone makes mistakes, even dumb mistakes.  Nobody got hurt or worse in the end, so I wouldn't be saying anyone was "worse" than the other.
I totally agree with you.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I know I'm really late to the party here, but I'm gonna put my two cents here on a couple of things.

I completely understand the viewpoint that Littlefoot is not the angel in the first movie that he seems to have become in the sequels and I agree with that. However, after watching the movie again, I don't believe that him choosing Ducky as the bait really counts towards this. I know this is a long post, but just hear me out on this.

When you look at what everybody was supposed to be doing, it makes sense that Ducky was the one to lure Sharptooth into the water. The point was to get him into the water, and Ducky is the only swimmer in the group. Littlefoot and Spike needed to be at the boulder ready to start pushing it when Sharptooth was in the right spot, and I honestly doubt that either one of them would have been able to climb back up fast enough after going into water where neither of them are as good of swimmers. So then the response to this could be that Petrie could have been bait as well. Well he hadn't believed in himself to finally master his flying, so he wouldn't have been able to get away from Sharptooth as fast as Ducky could. That only leaves Ducky because everybody else has their respective parts and she was the only one who could pull off luring Sharptooth.

Now one may ask how Littlefoot could have known that Ducky was a good swimmer. Not once in the movie does she refer to herself as a swimmer, but instead a "big-mouth." Unless that automatically means she can swim, there really is no indication that she is one. Right at the moment the two meet, we see Ducky jumping out of the water. We can only assume that Littlefoot either had the knowledge that big-mouths were also good swimmers before meeting Ducky or Ducky explained it to him off screen at some point during their travels. The point of this, which builds off more on my previous paragraph, is that Littlefoot may have known that Ducky could have easily eluded Sharptooth in the water which is why he chose her to be the bait. Again, the other three are not swimmers, which would make Ducky the perfect choice.

Or I could be just rambling nonsense and not know what I'm talking about, which I wouldn't be surprised about because it happens on occasions :lol:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
No, it makes perfect sense to me. Ducky was the only one who could do it. Littlefoot was right to choose her.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Which comes to show that, when he's in his right mind, that he's pretty darn resourceful

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
What, another post that isn't condemning him as a Satan?! Say it isn't so!