The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My Little Pony: Cyberpunk is Magic

Serris · 62 · 7106

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Quote from: StarfallRaptor,Dec 10 2011 on  07:09 PM
Okay, how about "Undercity" For the shady districts, and "Nightmare City" for the lawless underground?
That'll work.

---------------

Name: Silver Bolt

Type of Pony: Unicorn

Cutie Mark: A single silver line that ends in a starburst.

Appearance: A black unicorn with a metallic silver mane. His eyes are mismatched - one is a clear gold color while the other is a glowing white (the glowing white eye is a cybernetic implant). Some scars are visible on his back from a botched wing implant. His horn is bicolored (the top half is silver and the lower half is black - top half is an implant to replace what he lost in an accident). He almost always wears a  silver ring with a small ruby at the base of his horn. The ring is has several small wires connecting to a small saddlebag that he almost always wears (the ring is not an implant).  

Personality: He is kind of reserved and cold at first but get him to warm up and he becomes quite friendly. Unfortunately, his bluntness makes it hard to warm up to him.

Other: He works in Rarity's mine and his implants are due to assorted accidents he has suffered.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The RP has started!

The Roleplay

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
A question about this....are other named characters still around as well? As in, the Wonderbolt, Trixie, Gilda and other background ponies as well?  I just ask as I wouldn't mind also taking on the role of Vinyl Scratch as well.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: MrDrake,Dec 19 2011 on  03:55 PM
A question about this....are other named characters still around as well? As in, the Wonderbolt, Trixie, Gilda and other background ponies as well?  I just ask as I wouldn't mind also taking on the role of Vinyl Scratch as well.
Most of them.

Granny Smith died of old age.

Soarin' and Spitfire are retired from the Wonderbolts.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, had a feeling Granny Smith would be no longer be around XD

But yeah, I do want to also take on the role of Vinyl Scratch as well, just as an extra character, that, and I do believe it would be fun to play as her.  But with her, I take it that she can still be playing her music at clubs and all that sort of jazz?

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: MrDrake,Dec 19 2011 on  06:37 PM
Yeah, had a feeling Granny Smith would be no longer be around XD

But yeah, I do want to also take on the role of Vinyl Scratch as well, just as an extra character, that, and I do believe it would be fun to play as her.  But with her, I take it that she can still be playing her music at clubs and all that sort of jazz?
Yep, she can be the house musician at Pinkamena's club.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah cool, that works out well.  Though I would also imagine that if she's not working at Pinkamena's little club, then she'd be at other clubs as well as being a request DJ as well.  I don't know, just an idea I had with her...as to me, she is an interesting unicorn for sure XD

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Since it'll become important later, I guess now would be a good time to detail Haru's armor and new version of Bontenmaru.

Armor:  Galewave Chi

Specifications:  The Galewave is assembled of parts from both industrial and racing exoskeletons, along with some personal modifications by Haru himself.  The forehoof and rear hoof parts are redesigned racing suit parts, mounting hover repuslors at the base of them, as well as kinetic grapple connectors attached to the forehooves.  Mounted to the belt portion of the armor is a prototype system known as the Grav-con system, which enables Haru to generate a localized gravity field to stop potentially lethal impacts.  The body portion of the armor is a refitted industrial suit, using a complicated system of servomotors to artificially augment the user's strength.  Covering Haru's face is a modified rebreather mask, designed to filter out toxins in the air, as well as nullify any gas-based attack.   The last functional part of the armor is a set of red-tinted goggles that enable Haru to see in the dark, as well as track targets that he tags with a unique set of nano-tags.  Aesthetically, the armor mounts a long black cape covering the back, as well as a nano-carbon hood over Haru's face.  The most striking part of the armor is the single mechanical wing attached to the right shoulder of the armor, a remnant of the first kill Haru ever made.  The entire armor is powered by a new microfusion generator, enabling almost limitless usage.  

Weapon: Bontenmaru Sigma

Specifications: In the time since Haru has been living in the Undercity, Haru's wooden sword, the Bontenmaru, has taken a new form, shifting into a long katana.  Further modifications were made by an unknown undercity weaponsmith, installing an array of energy projectors into the blade portion of the weapon, enabling it to launch a pair of distinct energy attacks.  The first form is a swarm of small energy beams that curve outwards briefly before closing back inwards on the targeted foe at a short to mid range, while the second form is a concentrated, blade-like projectile from long range.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If you don't mind, I'd like to play as Sweetie Belle as well, and in turn, having her in a relationship with Dawn sort of thing.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: MrDrake,Dec 30 2011 on  12:44 AM
If you don't mind, I'd like to play as Sweetie Belle as well, and in turn, having her in a relationship with Dawn sort of thing.
Perfectly acceptable.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah cool.  At first, I was gonna keep it as the same as Starfall's RP, where it's her and Apple Bloom....but I just find that Apple Bloom and Scootaloo in a relationship of sorts better.  And besides, I just thought that with Dawn, she would be best with Sweetie Belle in the end anyway XD

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Also, in regards to Dawn and what I have her as in this RP, sort of like an enforcement officer sort of thing.  Anyway, in regards to her being that, would it be alright that amongst, say crooks and all that, that she is more or less well known around them?  As in, sort of like Batman and how he invokes fear into others?

I mean, with crooks at times, getting paranoid that Dawn will find them, catch them in the act and stop them, sort of thing, justwith how she deal with crooks, by beating them to a pulp and all that XD

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Name: Skye

Type of Pony: Earth Pony

Cutie Mark: Unknown

Appearance: A regular light blue earth pony with a purple mane and tail.

Personality: As she works as an Enforcer, much like Dawn does, her job is somewhat important to her.  However, unlike Dawn, Skye is more corrupt than anything else.  As in, she's not exactly a hero, but still doesn't consider herself a villain either, even if her methods are a bit....extreme.

Other: She has wings implanted upon her back, yet, they do not allow her to fly, instead, they just allow her to glide around the city instead.  She often wears rings on her hooves that when activated, allowthem to form clawed gloves, essentially used for climbing up the sides of buildings with ease.

Name: Autumn

Type of Pony: Cybernetic alicorn.  Was orignally a normal Earth Pony.

Cutie Mark: N/A

Appearance: Essentially, all she is is a robot, doesn't exactly wear any form of skin at all.  However, her design is that of silver mainly, including that of her mane and tail.  Yet, having said that, it does still make her seem as though she is normal, not from the first look of her, as one would say.

Personality: Seriously.  Dead serious.  She used to be shy and the likes before she was essentially killed and turned into a cybernetic alicorn.  However, since her transition into what she is now, her personality had changed into a rather serious one and usually, does not understand when one is joking.  She will always take orders from Skye, though at times, may question her if need be.

Other: Seeing as though she was changed into an alicorn, her wings allow her to fly at greater speeds, her horn does not posses any real magic, but instead, it's used as an offensive use, firing from it, such as blaster shots and the likes, but that's it.  Her mane and tail are able to become sharp and well, spikey for lack of words.  She also has her enhanced strength to boot.

I do hope that Autumn is alright as a character.  She doesn't go ahead break the rules, unless Skye asks her to, just so you lot know.  The two of them are also around the same age as Dawn is as well.  Well, for Skye anyway, Autumn is built to look that age as well ;)

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
If it's still possible, I'd like to join this RP as well. A dark and gritty cyberpunk twist to MLP, now this sounds like fun! I'll post my character bios later today.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I don't mind if you join in myself, the more the merrier ^^

You need an idea of what's happened so far?

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Great Valley Guardian,Feb 5 2012 on  02:14 AM
If it's still possible, I'd like to join this RP as well. A dark and gritty cyberpunk twist to MLP, now this sounds like fun! I'll post my character bios later today.

Sorry for not responding in time but you can join.

--------------

On a side note, what direction do ya'll want to take this? A high-octane thriller or just a general slice-of-life type RP?

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I have something planned that could easily turn it into a High Octane Induced Thriller....which will be starting soon enough with a villain of sorts.  In a sense, think of it like The Joker from The Dark Knight and what he does in the movie, something similiar in that vein.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Again with the mane six, who plays who?  I know that Serris is playing at least Rarity and Twilight while I play Pinkie/Pinkamena and Fluttershy.  But what about Rainbow Dash and Applejack?

And, who's gonna be playing Luna and Celestia?

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thriller sounds good to me!

And I'll take Rainbow Dash and Luna, if that's okay!

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Awesome.  That just leaves Applejack now for the mane 6...and don't ask me to be her....that accent of hers I can never get down XD

I might be Apple Bloom though if no one else wants to be her.  Celestia, I'll still leave open for anyone to take her ^^

And Zecora, we should have her in here as well.