The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My Little Pony: Cyberpunk is Magic

Serris · 62 · 7106

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Quote from: MrDrake,Feb 11 2012 on  01:53 AM
Awesome.  That just leaves Applejack now for the mane 6...and don't ask me to be her....that accent of hers I can never get down XD

I might be Apple Bloom though if no one else wants to be her.  Celestia, I'll still leave open for anyone to take her ^^

And Zecora, we should have her in here as well.
Starfall, you can have Luna and RD.

I will take Applejack (I naturally have a slight Southern accent).

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I would take Zecora myself, but I can't get her rhyming down I'm afraid.  But Starfall did say that I was allowed to take Trixie for this RP too, so I'll also be Trixie too.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Okay, MrDrake, Trixie it is.

I will attempt Zecora.

On a side note, what would she be in this technological world?

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Not sure....perhaps some sort of old school potion maker, but yet, uses advanced technology to help her out with making potions?

And, I decided to grab Lyra.  Had an idea for what has does in this RP....uses a mechanical suit that walks on two legs sort of thing, in regards to her fascination with humans and all that.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
And here's something I was just randomly curious.  Would this RP be, oh I don't know, be put onto its own TV Tropes page, or nah? As I stated, was just curious was all XD

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I'd be happy to reprise my role as Celestia if she's still avaliable! And just out of curiosity where would Celestia and Luna be doing in this land where cyber-based technology has emerged?

________

Now onto my characters.

Name: Rainrunner

Type of Pony: Earth

Cutie Mark: Three Diagonal Raindrops

Appearance:

Personality: Used to be clinically depressed from issues with her father, but since she's had her bionic implants she has a much more outgoing personality.

Other: Mental implants to control depression although as it is a prototype it doesn't always work as it should and can cause her to become as visious and cruel as her brother, One amber bionic eye.

Occupation: She runs the most heavily trained Pony Department of Fire control (PDF for short) in Ponyopolis. She inherited it from her mother when she passed, and her fathers mysterious dissaperance.

_________

Name: Thunderclap

Type of Pony: Pegasus

Cutie Mark: A storm cloud

Appearance:

Personality: Easily annoyed, always seems to be in a permenant bad mood. Has several scars from previous fights and has been jailed several dozen times, and he loved every moment of it.

Other: None

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Not sure on Celestia and Luna myself I'm afraid.  But if you want you characters to show up somewhere, have them arrive at Pinkamena's Cafe.  She's out at the moment, left Vinyl Scratch in charge, who is getting help from Jin.  But Apple Bloom and Scootaloo are also there too.

Granted, was going to have Apple Bloom head off soon to Twist's Candy Factory.  What? Yes, a Willy Wonka like pony she'd be, that's how I figured she would be like in this world now XD

And the mecha suit that Lyra's creating, basing it off the AMP suit that Colonel Quartich uses in the movie Avatar as well.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yay!  Rainrunner and Thunderclap are back!
Quick Question at you, GVG.  Do you want Haru to end up back in a relationship with Thunderclap?

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Oh Starfall, I wouldn't have it any other way! Just be sure Haru knows that Thunderclap is going to be a great deal more violent than the last time they met.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm also going to properly introduce Dusk into the RP too soon enough.  But she's still the same sociopathic pegasus pony as in the other RP I used her in.  But she's no villain, but she's no hero either.  She just doesn't really like anypony else save for Dawn.

Granted in this one, Dusk still believes that Dawn is dead, unaware that she's still alive.  But...she's already over it, not really having mourned her "death".  But I do wonder if Rainrunner should meet Dusk at some point, that way, Dusk can have another pony to be uninterested in and point out her flaws and all that, just for the fun of it XD

Though saying that, I do wonder how Rainrunner would end up tollerating Dusk :smile

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hey, I'm back so the RP can continue.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Threw in a little dragon fight for Lyra to deal with in her AMP suit.  Based it on how dragons do tend to terrorize Equestria at times.  Though this dragon would probabally be doing it intentionally itself.

But....she'll deal with it next post of mine XD

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wait, I'm onfused, why is Spike near where Strife is, yet, can see who is piloting the AMP suit, while Lyra in turn, isn't suppose to be near that area of the city? Who is Spike near to then?

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: MrDrake,Mar 3 2012 on  12:24 AM
Wait, I'm onfused, why is Spike near where Strife is, yet, can see who is piloting the AMP suit, while Lyra in turn, isn't suppose to be near that area of the city? Who is Spike near to then?
Fixed that in my last OOC post. He is near Strife but the perimeter alert caused him to abandon Strife and fly towards where Lyra and the Dragon are fighting.

------------

About Sugarcube Corner.

Sugarcube Corner looks exactly the same that it does in the series. In fact, it is one of the few buildings to not have a distinctly "cyberpunk" vibe to it.

Mr and Mrs. Cake still run the bakery. The loft above the bakery remains. Sugarcube Corner has expanded to include a small dining area. The Cakes live in an apartment nearby. They are elderly ponies now (about the age of Granny Smith). They have additional employees to replace Pinkie whom they assume went missing.  

Pound Cake works in the family business. His hobby is "tunnel running".

Pumpkin Cake is a courier for Ponyville's Post Office. She is tasked with delivering valuable/dangerous goods. She owns a specialized hovercraft that she uses for this task (and delivering baked goods from Sugarcube Corner).

None of the Cakes have any cybernetic implants.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, still all for this one....and I should be able to now post more often since my job has finished for the season and in turn, not working so many hours in the day too.

I'll try and get a post done for this one soon enough...and yes, I still plan on using Trixie in here too XD

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Holy f---! I stopped because I thought it died!

Yes, I am still interested!

Let's get this show on the road!

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
And I'll just point this out now, I had figured Trixie would be, in a sense, a more well known unicorn that does, at times, put on Las Vegas-like shows as a magican-like unicorn herself.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
...So how can we get an overarching high-octane arc to work?

Of course, this will be after the romance scenes.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, we already have a little bit laid out with the kidnapping already, but we need some ideas~