The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Commercials that you hate

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Quote from: Adder,Jan 9 2011 on  09:19 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F_G2zp-opg

What more do I need to say?
Honestly, I find those funny. But the Gieco commercials we get here SUCK!!!! Seriously, THEY ARE SOOOOOO BORING!!!!

As for the weightloss ads, I have one thing to say: PEOPLE WAKE UP!!! YOU CANNOT JUST LOSE WEIGHT BY TAKING A STUPID PILL!!! (I'm starting to understand why Jitterydragon uses PILLS in his vids alot...) SERIOUSLY!!! STOP WORKING ON POINTLESS THINGS AND GET DOWN TO BUSINESS!!!

Woman who looks like she lost wieght: Oh my god! I cannot believe I've lost fifty pounds in a day by taking a simple pill!

Me: Lady, I only have one thing to say to you: GET A LIFE!!!!!
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
K-Fee. If you don't know what I'm talking about, don't look it up...... :unsure:

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Head-on

Need I say more?
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: vonboy,Aug 3 2011 on  08:17 PM
Head-on

Need I say more?
You need to say it a few more times  :DD  :lol

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Adder,Jan 9 2011 on  08:19 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F_G2zp-opg

What more do I need to say?
And I thought the TV show based on the gieco cavemen was stupid

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I also hate those diet commercials. Those are all a scam people. And the K-FEE Add scarred the stuff outta me,.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Those new car commercials which feature some brat being embarrassed by his parents' vehicle. Seriously, kid, in this economy, be glad your parents have any transport at all.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
There is this commercial for Band-Aid Brand Waterproof Tough Strips that comes on TV sometimes; it has this kid singing the tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3eGc_cr7YA

Another commercial that I see periodically is the Mr. Clean commercial with this jingle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9lsVoxfOzc

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm living mainly commercial free, since my GF and I tivo our shows and watch them.  The only time we watch commercials, is when she has on one of the sports games she watches.  

There are to many I dislike for me to list here.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't like those adult product commercials. I mean come on we don't need to know your private life.

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Bit of a sensitive one, I'm afraid. :unsure:

Man, there's a lot of annoying commercials out there, but the ones that I really hate are the Animal Cruelty ones...  :unsure:

It breaks my heart seeing those poor things in such a state ; and it's disgusting that things like that happen. But I don't exactly appreciate watching a relatively light-hearted movie or show and seeing that?

And a lot of those commercials are just gimmicks... Aren't they? Can't really trust 'em anymore. A lot of the time they're scams.  :(

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Dracorider19

• Spike
  • If you wanna be great, let greatness surround you
    • View Profile
Well, I try to look for commercials that are funny, musical, and overall are fun
to watch. One of my favorites growing up was the commercials that mixed live action
and animated characters together.
Anyway, on with the commercials I don't like-
I have the same feeling many on this topic have about commercials for weight loss.
Many, if not most, of them are just fraudulent ads playing on one's desire for an
"easy and quick fix" to lose weight.
Also, another ad that irritates me is the "clinically proven" claim. They just slap that
on the ad without explaining much why it is "clinically proven". The fact that there are
so many products with the label of "clinically proven" or "doctor recommended" just
makes the claim meaningless. It's just a marketing term that has no strict definition.

Also, the fact that SO many ads for new movies have increasingly touted that the film
is the "number one film" or "number one genre" of the year, without giving much
info as to why. (Seriously the "critics are raving about this film" claim is just a marketing
method to entice people to go see it, and it makes me skeptical about how good the
film is.