The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
On the subject of Cupcakes, has anyone read that sad FanFic Bittersweet on Equestria Daily? I only shed a tear reading it, but my stomach felt like lead. It's a greatly written sad story. A bit cliche, but awesome since ponies are thrown in. If you haven't read it yet, I suggest you give it a try.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Bittersweet

I won't lie, you may feel a bit sad and depressed during the begging and middle, but you will come out with a bittersweet feeling...

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
So far it's a good fan fiction. It's going to take me a little bit to finish all seven parts. I will slowly read it. I like it actually. And thank Bongo for the link. I appreciate it.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Having read Cupcakes, I can say that it is not that horrible. To me the gore is so over the top that it is funny. Or maybe that I am completely desensitized due to writing two war stories (PokË Wars and Twilight Valley. Speaking of which, I have toyed with the idea of writing a non-crossover MLP:FiM war story...

-----------

On a more pleasant note, I like the animation and the characters but I can't get past the theme song.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The only MLP fanfiction I've read is a very short one with Luna as the main character.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
I remember creating my first ever MLP FanFiction. I now regret ever putting it on Equestria Daily. In my opinion, it's a mess and needs to be cleaned up, but I have no time to do so  :p

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I've read two MLP:FIM fanfics so far, both of them on Equestria Daily.  One had such horrible grammar I could barely finish it.  The other was actually really good until...well...Apple Jack kissed Rainbow Dash.  I didn't keep reading out of fear that something even more inappropriate would happen.  I thought Equestria Daily didn't allow that sort of thing, but I guess I was wrong.  I'll make sure to read the descriptions more carefully the next time I decide to read a fanfic there.  Though I sorta lost my taste for them after that.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Aug 2 2011 on  10:58 PM
I've read two MLP:FIM fanfics so far, both of them on Equestria Daily. One had such horrible grammar I could barely finish it. The other was actually really good until...well...Apple Jack kissed Rainbow Dash. I didn't keep reading out of fear that something even more inappropriate would happen. I thought Equestria Daily didn't allow that sort of thing, but I guess I was wrong. I'll make sure to read the descriptions more carefully the next time I decide to read a fanfic there. Though I sorta lost my taste for them after that.
What are you DOING man! You are ignoring the GOOD stories! I'll help link them to you! They are all 6-Star stories (Stories which earned MANY 5-Star ratings) and I can guarantee that you will find one that that you will like, because they pretty much cover every subject! And don't let the descriptions fool you. Just because a description is short DOESN'T mean the actual content is bland! Give them ALL a try!

PS: Stories marked with Yellow Stars (*) are personal favorites of mine and stories marked with TWO Red Stars (**) are not only personal favorites of mine, but also of the community and are HIGHLY reccomended.

- - - - - - - - - -
*The Thessalonica Legacy [Normal][Crossover][SciFi]
In the 31st Century, humankind has spread to thousands of planets in the Inner Sphere. Once united under the glorious banner of the Star League, the Successor States and their noble houses now fight bitter wars over the scraps of empire. When a JumpShip carrying a special task force from the Federated Suns suffers a catastrophic misjump, the occupants find themselves stranded above a strange, beautiful world at once alien and eerily familiar.

Meanwhile, in the peaceful realm of Equestria, Ponyville’s resident bookworm , Twilight Sparkle, has stumbled upon hints of a secret buried for centuries. A secret that may lay bare long-forgotten aspects of Pony history and culture.

Our story begins on the planet Valexa, where the beleaguered Militia has launched a last-ditch effort to call for help against overwhelming odds.

Written with those who are not familiar with the BattleTech universe in mind.

- - - - - - - - - -
**Progress (It's actually a SHIP TON of stories compiled into one post) [Normal]
A thousand years is quite the generation gap, so Princess Luna decides she has to get with the times. However, this isn't quite as easy as she thinks it will be...

- - - - - - - - - -
Mort Takes a Holiday [Comedy]
Mort, the Pale Pony of Death, suddenly faces his greatest challenge: free time. With no idea of what to do, Celestia sends him to her student to be taught the wonders of friendship and have a holiday. He just has to keep his true nature a secret, and that shouldn't be too difficult...right?

- - - - - - - - - -
**Fallout: Equestria [Grimdark][Crossover][Adventure]
Fallout.  With ponies! Set in an alternate future, one pony must learn to survive in a blasted, poisoned land... and possibly, with the aid of friends made along the way, bring new light into the darkness of post-apocalyptic Equestria.

- - - - - - - - - -
Antipodes [Normal][Adventure]
Set in the far future after Celestia and Luna mysteriously vanished and the sun and moon froze in the sky, Antipodes the the story of two ponies thrust out into the harsh new world on an adventure to uncover what happened to the world so long ago.

- - - - - - - - - -
**The Vinyl Scratch Tapes [Comedy][Shipping]
After the invention of radio, DJ-P0n3 (aka Vinyl Scratch) holds the first Equestrian talk show with her co-host Octavia. Octavia quickly finds out her superior is slightly eccentric, leading their broadcast to be constantly derailed, yet somehow remain popular. These episodes were recorded for historical significance and transcribed. These are the Vinyl Scratch Tapes.

- - - - - - - - - -
**Past Sins [Normal]
On a dark night filled with even darker magics, an insane cult attempts to give Nightmare Moon a body and life of her own, utterly separate from Princess Luna. But, when the spell is interrupted by Celestia, something unexpected is created.

Now, an little black alicorn filly named Nyx finds herself living under the care of Twilight Sparkle, only to be haunted by memories and emotions from her past. Is the filly Nightmare Moon reborn or is she simply a doppelganger with a soul and mind of her own? Can Twilight Sparkle protect Nyx from those refuse to see past her dragon eyes and black coat?

Or, will Nyx be forced to inherit the sins that may not even be hers and become the greatest evil Equestria has ever known?

- - - - - - - - - -
Creeping Darkness [Crossover][GrimLight]
A MLP FiM crossover with the XBOX 360 game Alan Wake

There is a shadow to all of existence, a place that all worlds are shielded from by a thin veil. A Dark Place, where a single presence plots and struggles to consume all creation with its darkness. The author Alan Wake is one who has defeated this Dark Presence, but to save his wife and his world Alan had to remain trapped in the darkness.

Now, through his struggles to return to his wife, Alan has unintentionally released the Darkness and an old villain upon Equestria. To fix the mistake, Alan starts a new story with Twilight Sparkle as the protagonist. Can the unicorn find the strength to face the darkness, or is all of Equestria doomed to be the victim in the dreadful horror story?

Note: Story assumes no preceding knowledge of the game Alan Wake. Written for any MLP:FiM fan to enjoy.

- - - - - - - - - -
**Better Living Through Science and Ponies [Crossover]
GLaDOS is free of Chell, free to continue testing, when she discovers a portal gun Wheatley tried to repair with duck tape. When the portal gun catastrophically fails, the enrichment center, GLaDOS, and Chell are literally dropped in the middle of Equestria. The mute test subject soon finds the world of ponies far more welcoming than the human world. But GLaDOS sees possibilities. Let the testing begin... for science.

- - - - - - - - - -
*Secret Tub Fun Series [Normal]
Twilight, alone, playing with toys in the tub?!

- - - - - - - - - -
*Twilight October [Comedy]
Can the Twilight October evade the clutches of the Equestrian navy and bring glory to the motherland?

- - - - - - - - - -
*Party of None [Grimdark-Horror]
Stephen King horror meets MLP," or "Can grimdark actually be a little funny and not depend on gore and blood?" A look at an alternate path down which the episode "Party of One" could have gone.

- - - - - - - - - -
*The Truth About Pinkie Pie [Crossover][Random]
The usual gang talk to Pinkie Pie about some of her...er..."special talents". They tell her that they need an answer but are they prepared for Pinkie Pie's answer?

- - - - - - - - - -
**Bubbles [Sad]
The origin story of little Derpy's cutie mark.

- - - - - - - - - -

I cannot emphasize this enough, if you are a fan of FanFiction, ANY type of FanFiction, give some of these FanFics a try, because they are all truly remarkable. I may of missed some, but these are the ones that first come to mind. I have read them ALL, and I would reccomend them ALL to you if you had the time to read them ALL.

My fingers are tired from all that typing  :lol

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^I'll check those out, thank you.  After the two fanfics I read and hearing about Cupcakes, I was starting to think there were no good MLP:FIM fanfics out there.  I'll check those out as soon as I watch through the series again.  I'm starting to forget everything that happened in the TV series and if I start reading fanfics I'll just get confused.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm afraid you guys missed out on one of THE MOST epic MLP:FiM fanfics ever.

Fillies and gentlecolts, I present to you...

It's a Dangerous Business, Going Out Your Door
It's a Dangerous Business, Going Out Your Door
[Normal][Adventure]
"When an accident leaves Twilight Sparkle seriously ill, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity must undertake a perilous journey to find her a cure.  What adventures await them beyond Equestria's borders?"

19 chapters of pony awesomeness. Oh and TLOTR fans might find this one VERY intruiging. ;)

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Are you saying that the FanFiction Fallout: Equestria with 35 Chapters, 1247 5-Star Ratings, 2544 comments, a truck load of FanArt, and is still not finished with its story isn't epic enough for you?  :lol

Sorry, but I will never rest my soul about Fallout: Equestria NOT being one of the most epic FanFic out there  :p

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Bongo,Aug 3 2011 on  12:11 PM
Are you saying that the FanFiction Fallout: Equestria with 35 Chapters, 1247 5-Star Ratings, 2544 comments, a truck load of FanArt, and is still not finished with its story isn't epic enough for you?  :lol

Sorry, but I will never rest my soul about Fallout: Equestria NOT being one of the most epic FanFic out there  :p
And I felt good about my fanfiction, since it got a few dozen comments, and 7 reviews for the fanfiction awards.

...thanks for ruining my day, Bongo :bang
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Bongo,Aug 3 2011 on  12:11 PM

Man, it's just a fanfic....no matter how good it may be, one shouldn't obsess over it.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm so glad to be a part of the My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Group. It's such a awesome show. And now there are these cool fan fictions to read. I'm really enjoying the show.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, does anyone know when season 2 is scheduled to come out?  I don't have a TV as I can get everything I need online so I don't know if they revealed a specific date or time period for the release of season 2.

I'm so glad to be a part of the My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Group.

What group are you talking about?

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
I believe somewhere in September or October. Most likely October.

And I think when he means 'Group', he is referring to us 'Bronies'