The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Not sure. I would like to get season 1 for DVD so I can watch it from the beginning.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Have you ever written a FanFiction, but when you step back and take a good look at it, you realize you did it wrong, and that you have gone so deep into it that the only was to reverse it would to completely redo the whole thing?

Yeah, it happened to me. Feels bad  :cry , because I seriously don't know what to do at this point...I tried fixing it myself. That didn't turn out too well. I asked for help. No help came. I am at a standpoint here, and let me tell you, I am not good at this FanFiction stuff. I got the ideas down, but I can never turn an idea into a story  :(

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Campion1,Aug 4 2011 on  09:03 AM
??? What is wrong?
What do you mean?

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Well, let's just say that I am not really proud of one of the FanFic I shipped out to Equestria Daily. It's a mess, and now I wish I never rushed the production of it, because now it in need of HEAVY repair, which I do not have time for.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Don't get yourself too upset over it Bongo, you can always write another fanfic. I mean, the community's not going to exile you or anything over a mere fanfic, right?

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: f-22 "raptor" ace,Aug 4 2011 on  10:36 AM
http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/namegen/14459/

I found a name generator and according to it my name in Equestria would be Spark Scream.
I'm Brother Specter :)

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Okay, I probably have nothing else better to do, and since I like you guys, I have been working on something in secret.

I recently listened to the song 'The Girl from Ipanema', and don't ask how or why, but I felt that I could make those lyrics sound like it's from MLP: FiM.

Right now, it is still a work in progress. Can you guys help me out here? Please give suggestions, comments, and what not. Thanks! If you don't know the tune or forgot about it, go to YouTube and search up 'Girl from Ipanema' and get that tune stuck in your head. Then search up 'Girl from Ipanema Instrumental(Or karaoke)' and then sing along if you wish.

I also TRUST you guys, alright. I want these words to stay HERE until I put it out there. Do you know how much it would hurt if YOUR work was put somewhere else NOT by you OR with your permission. I believe we are mature enough to handle this, so please respect my wishes.

[align=center]
The Mare From Canterlot

Smart on her part and cool and collective
the mare from Canterlot is oh so passive
and when she passes
Big Mac she passes
goes Aaah!

When she’s out with her friends
they laugh and giggle to the very end
but when she passes
Big Mac she passes
goes Aaah!

Oh - but he watches so sadly
How - can he tell her he loves her
He - would just give his heart gladly

But each day when she walks into town
He is completely ignored; heart goes down

Smart on her part and cool and collective
the mare from Canterlot is oh so passive
and when she passes
he smiles
but she doesn't see
no she doesn't see
she just doesn't see...

[/align]

Like I said...a work in progress.  ;)

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
i'll be starting an rp soon hopefully where fans of the show end up in equestria.

here's the link to the discussion topic if anypony is interested. http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...topic=9975.0

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
According to the name generator, my Brony name is "Gallant Aura"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yes it sure is when I have the time I'm gonna watch all 26 episode's on youtube.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
I'm just wondering, if you were to think of a male character that will ship well with Twilight (And is NOT Big Mac), what character would he be?

I need it for an up coming FanFic, and I not sure if I should use Soarin' or somepony else.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Bongo,Aug 5 2011 on  03:50 AM
I'm just wondering, if you were to think of a male character that will ship well with Twilight (And is NOT Big Mac), what character would he be?

I need it for an up coming FanFic, and I not sure if I should use Soarin' or somepony else.
You may have to use an OC of sorts.  To be honest, I don't think the creators have made a good love interest for Twilight Sparkle yet.  I'm confident they will in the future, but until then, you'll have to make something up.

My advice in this situation is to NOT under ANY circumstances make a "clone" of her for the interest.  That is too easy and too boring.  Your character should have SOME similarities to her in terms of personality, but should also have some differences, even ones that would drive her crazy and make her second guess her choice sometimes.  One interesting thing about love, is that the best relationships out there, that have lasted for years on end, center around a couple who have worked through their differences and still care about one another enough to not let such a thing tear them apart.

A love interest should also be willing to make their partner a better person in general.  You wouldn't believe how many couples work through the bad habits the other has.  A simple bad habit can easily break up a relationship, but the best work through the difference, likely finding a compromise of sorts, and become stronger in the end.

So yeah, make a character that's the same, but also different.  Think about her likes and dislikes and use that to make their relationship shine.

Just one little thing, don't make the character a bookworm like Twilight is.  That would just be too easy in the end.  Believe me, this is one you'll have to work through to really make it something grand in the end.  I'm not sure what more I can give you, but I'm sure you'll come up with something in the end.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com