The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sometimes these guys seem to forget the show is aimed at little girls.

The whole Alicorn was rushed tho would of been better as a two-part if you ask me.

A Canterlot Wedding remains my fav episode so far.

Best songs in the series.

I am a Pegasister yes,but I don't go crazy over it.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I agree, the season 3 finale did seem rushed, as I think I said earlier.  I guess Hasbro wanted that change to sell new toys or something.  Maybe like I read one of the writers on beast wars said was the reason they introduced transmetals and had Optimus Primal change as often as he did, dictates from the higher ups at Hasbro.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah,the finale had an interesting plot but it was very rushed and crammed into one.

You would expect more for a big twist like that.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Well, considering they only had 13 episodes, I'd say they did a good job with the finale. Yes, people need to remember that this is merely an above average children's show. Nothing more. Nothing less.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It sorta feels to me like they maybe wrote out the first draft, then realized it would have to be only 1 episode then had to rewrite it into 1 episode.  Not that I think it was badly written, it just seems rushed.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I grew up watching G3

Now people are trashing it calling it too 'girly'.

My Little Pony is meant to be girly...

Like Pokemon is aimed at  boys
My Little Pony is aimed at girls.

I still have my collection somewhere.

I love the new G4 but G3 will always be the 'classic' to me. I was crazy over it when I was 8-12.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I personally hated season 3 except a few episodes where not bad. I loved the season finale a lot. All the song's where amazing and very good.  And the community always find something to wine about since they can't man up and just accept the fact she is a Alicorn and just live with it.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
A Canterlot Wedding is one of my favorite epsiodes too.

I'm happy that Twilight became an alicorn.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
God, I hate over-sensitive people! Someone was talking about their experiences with disabilities and how they felt that Derpy was a offensive stereotype. I politely engaged in a discussion with them about, calmly stating my opinion that Derpy isn't offensive, when suddenly I get a BUNCH of people jumping down my throat for supposely "pushing my world viewpoints on a poor, helpless disabled person". wut.

Let's see, I got called "s**t head", among other things, for daring to suggest to a disabled person that Derpy isn't offensive, and I wasn't even mean about it. The kicker is that the person I was speaking with agreed that Hasbro handled everything wrong, and we weren't even arguing! So I acted in kind to these morons and I get treated like the bad guy!

This is why people who loved Derpy's scene get so defensive! We get treated like crap by people who did hate her!
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I for one didn't find Derpy offensive at all. I think she is a inspiration to the fan base. A lot of people look up to that character and saying it's okay to be different. It's okay to be who you're. I for one love Derpy she is my favorite side character along with DJ-Pon-3. She has helped change a lot of bronies in the fandom. I loved that about Derpy. It's sad that parents freaked out over her when she was only sending a positive message not a negative message to people. I for one look up to derpy and say she has changed my view on myself witch is something that no other characte has done. Hope she is back in season 4.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
That is a very awesome image you found. I can totally see those two going at it in a heated argument.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes, I can see those 2 being totally competitive as well as liking to argue with each other.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah Rainbow Dash does kinda remind of of Cera in a ton of ways. She is Hot Headed thinks she is better than everyone else. Thinks that she doesn't need anyone and she is stubborn.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Some more pony facts from Lauren Faust and Cindy Morrow. Some of these we already know while others are new. Also, poor Scootaloo  :(

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/03/rand...faust.html#more

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Netflix users rejoice!  Season 3 has arrived!

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/03/seas...es-netflix.html

Sure, not a great season and all, but some episodes are still worth a watch. :)

Littlefoot Fan 93

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Daddytops2009,Mar 13 2013 on  05:19 PM
Cera: Somehow 20% cooler than the rest of the gang... :lol

Zenoah

• Spike
    • View Profile
Kinda felt the finale was rushed, but it was'nt a horrid episode. I did fully enjoy the True Friend song a lot. One of my faves in season 3.

I dont mind that she's an alicorn now.
It will change up the show a bit and make it a bit more interesting.