The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

School Topics

Phantom · 12 · 1816

Phantom

• Spike
    • View Profile
Yeah, yeah, I know. It's summer. But I need school subjects to discuss in my videos next year. You see, I make videos for the school and . . . yeah, that's about all. So what kind of informative things should I talk about?

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
What kind of videos do they want you to make exactly? I guess I don't understand the question.  :confused

Phantom

• Spike
    • View Profile
Stuff about fire drills, tests, teacher advisory, etc.

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
Oh, okay, how about what to do in case of bullying? Or, less seriously, how to bubble in  a scantron the right way.  :p They always make such a big deal about that in my schools.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Sex that is very informal kids need to learn about that stuff.  :p

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
You could make a video to teach the teachers about teaching. Presenting from a student's point of view the most important "dos" and "don'ts" for teachers. It should not refer to the subjects (however much we may dislike a given subject it is the teachers job to teach it) but rather to kind of tasks, ways of presentation, reactions etc. from student's point of view.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
You can make a video about why bulling isn't cool and you can teach them how to stop it if  they see it.

Phantom

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: FreckledOne,Jun 24 2013 on  08:30 PM
Oh, okay, how about what to do in case of bullying? Or, less seriously, how to bubble in  a scantron the right way.  :p They always make such a big deal about that in my schools.
Already did a Scantron vid.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie85,Jun 24 2013 on  10:42 PM
Sex that is very informal kids need to learn about that stuff.  :p
I'm sorry, I don't understand this - how is it the teacher's problem if the children he or she teaches don't know about sex? Isn't that entirely the parents' duty?
Personally, I am just disgusted by how freelance the school system is with these subjects - they wonder why they have such a problem with sex? Because they bother to flipping teach it.

I can see the appeal for making a vid on bullying, but I don't see how that will help - even after watching an instance of bullying, children are most likely to forget about what they just viewed. Believe me, I just graduated with a degree in children education - what they need is visuals, and time, and patient educators who will give them to tools to learn.
Maybe give a live presentation - have the children participate (NOT with the bullying, though :DD) just take them through a sceanrio, answer their questions, have them speak their mind. I think that's worth a shot. otherwise, a vid is just stating things plain and simple and not leaving much room for discussion.
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Phantom

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie85,Jun 25 2013 on  04:15 AM
You can make a video about why bulling isn't cool and you can teach them how to stop it if  they see it.
That has a lot of potential.  :lol:

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah and it's a great thing to discuss. Since school bullying is a huge problem in schools today. And it will be a very good tool for all the students.

Phantom

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie85,Jun 28 2013 on  04:50 PM
Yeah and it's a great thing to discuss. Since school bullying is a huge problem in schools today. And it will be a very good tool for all the students.
Plus I can relate to it relatively well.  :(