The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Smash Brothers: Collision

Explorer · 240 · 18837

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(OOC: Has it really been this long since we were on this RP?)

"Gotcha, Link." Ike replied, and fired the arrow more towards the fortress.

-----

"There's another one. It looks like they are heading towards that fortress out in the distance." Captain Falcon told his group.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
(OOC: It would seem so. Dunno why it stopped, though.)

Link retrieved the bow once the arrow had been shot and got up, trying to move the sword with the good arm.

"We shouldn't be here, right? They'll probably head to the fortress and we should too, opr they'll think the worst." He added.

------

"Hang on. This'll be a tough descent." Will commented, preparing the Airwing to drop down.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
(OOC - I was wondering why it stopped. But it's great to have it started up again!)

Deimos nodded. "Staying here could open us to attack or cause the others to think that we are dead. That fortress will make a great meeting point."

-------------

Strut was fiddling with his spear. "I hope Link and the rest of the guys are still alive."

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Link took a step forward, but this actually resulted in the crumbling of the sand layer, forcing him to fall into a hole hidden over time.

"I'm okay! I'm okay! No need to... ouch.... I'm not okay..." He commented, getting up.

It was, once more, a cave. But instead of seeming like a normal shelter, it looked more like a long tunnel path, illuminated by multiple torches over the way.

"I found something interesting!" Link called from the cave.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Well, what do we have here?" Valeron said as he jumped down the hole into the tunnel.

"Seems like an underground pathway, but to where?" Ike asked.
-----
"Don't worry. They're probably on the way to that fortress. They're just signaling to us that that is their final destination." Captain Falcon replied reassuringly.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Deimos ran to where Link was located. "What is this?"

Hyp and Nod arrived soon after Deimos.

Ms. Swimmer arrived last. She looked at the cave. "I guess this is where we head?"

----------

"Thanks Captain." Strut said. "Perhaps we should get moving?"

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Right you are about that..." Link replied to Ms. Swimmer, taking the first steps into the tunnel. "And just in time for my arm to heal, I think I'll be able to use the sword again." He added, waving the sword like normally again.

He then took a closer look into the cave. The walls had a curious red tonality all around them. They reflected an eerie red glow that faded as the tunnel went further.

"Hey, I think we just went into a lava cave..." He commented, approaching a rift in the wall from which emanated a darkened smoke.

----------

Vaati turned to one of the largest screens and snickered with his signature laugh.

"Send troops to the fortress in the desert!" He shouted, raising his hand. "Don't let those miserable fools enter the fortress!"

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Hmm. This place seems vaguely familiar." Deimos said, keeping his club at the ready.

"No time for reminiscence." Ms. Swimmer said. She now had her twin sticks out.

The group then followed Link into the tunnel.

---------

Tom was looking at the armada in the distance. "So Will, anything we can do to avoid the space battle?"

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"I don't think so, we'll have to get just into the middle of the battlefield." Will replied, searching for a mothership he could use to land. His distraction, though, cost him the tip of the right wing with a clean shot from an enemy ship.
The alarm started shot in frenzy, alerting the damage on the wing.

"Hold on, I've got to stabilize the ship! Look for a large white ship so we can land in!" He grabbed the control as hard as he could.

Passing near the cockpit of one of the ships, he could see strange creatures on the commands.

--------------

Some more distance crossed, they met a large pit... with lava flowing just on the bottom of a long fall into a canyon. There were few spires that allowed to cross to the other side, and one of the bridges didn't seem stable.

Link started to put the cap on his back, the heat from below hitting his face harshly.

"We'll have to jump across... I can carry one with me, but not more. I can also lend my Hookshot." He explained.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I have no idea how to use a 'hookshot'." Deimos said. "I will attempt to jump across. I am a powerful jumper and I will put this talent to use."

"I'll come with you, Link." Hyp said.

"I will attempt the 'hookshot'." Ms. Swimmer said.

"What about me?" Nod asked.

"You'll have to try and jump across." Deimos said.

Nod then turned to Link. "Anything else I can try to get across?"

-------------

Tom obeyed and scanned for the aforementioned ship. He spotted it warping in the distance.

"Will! That ship you mentioned, it's past the battle!" Tom shouted.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"It's what?! I can't get there now! The wing is broken!" Will responded, trying to activate the complete set of engines.

The screen, though, only showed a large number of "Error", in a deep dark background.

"We won't get there... but I don't think it would be a good idea raiding one of these ships... they're full of Primids!" He added, spotting another cockpit full of those creatures. "Can you fight?!"

----------

Link took out the Hookshot and showed it to Ms. Swimmer.

"It's easy to use, and it will fit your size, don't worry. You just put your hand in here and...whaa!" The hook was shot, making contact with the softened rock wall and pulling Link with it.

Link fell with a loud thud, face first, in a crack from which smoke issued.

"Well, you got the point." He completed, being hit with a jet of of the smoke.

Getting up, he turned to Nod.

"I could borrow you the Roc Cape here." He pointed at the cape on his back. "It'll allow you to fly far enough to get to the other side if you don't carry any extra weight. But then I'd have to go with on someone else's back." He completed.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Tom nodded. "I've got an indestructible ax that can tear through most materials, and an indestructible shovel."

--------------------

Deimos thought a moment. "I may be able to carry you."

"I'll take the 'cape'." Nod said.

"Well, we should get ready to move." Hyp said.

Ms. Swimmer accepted the hookshot. "Okay, I am ready."

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Okay then, prepare to board in! We're going to fight and take control of one of those ships!" Will replied, performing a U-turn and entering one of the ships' tunnels.

A few cannons were attempting to block their way, but Will managed to shoot them out and land in a safe area, free of any Primids... for now.

He jumped out and took the Zapper out, running towards a nearby door.

"Let's do this, then." He added, decoding the door's lock and placing himself in front of the door with the gn pointed at the hall, ready to shoot.

--------

Link didn't hesitate much as for being carried: Deimos seemed strong enough to carry him to the other side.

"Alright, we're all set! Let's go!"

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ms. Swimmer nodded and aimed the hookshot at a patch of soft rock. She fired but her aim was slightly off and she struck the much harder rock. She reaimed and fired again, this time she hooked on and flew through the air. After a short but intense flight, she landed safely on the other side.

"Link, get on!" Deimos said.

Hyp ran over to the pillars and began jumping across them. He lost his balance for a moment and slipped off. He managed to save himself by grabbing hold of the pillar's ledge. He then pulled himself up onto the pillar. "I'm okay!" he panted. He continued jumping the across pillars.

"Ready to go." Nod said.

---------------------

Tom had his slingshot out and was crouched beside the door.

"I don't hear anything except the ship's engines." Tom said.  He peered in through the door and saw what appeared to be a boarding area for troops but it was empty.

"I'd guess we'd better start exploring." Tom added.

----------------------

Ozzie was inside some mysterious metal chamber. He heard nothing save for a deep rumbling and the voice of his flyer.

"Where are we?" Ozzie asked.

"You tell me." the flyer replied, "You're the one who decided to go check out that weird thing in the Feeding Grounds. And what happens? We get stuck inside a mysterious cave!"

(OOC - I'm going to introduce Ozzie. He will be inside the ship but not in the same area as Tom and Will.)

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
(OOC: Sounds good for me.)

Will sighed. He was partially relieved, since he usually wanted for his missions to be as less violent as he could.

Nodding once, he took a ran across the door and into the boarding area. A screen above the door showed the battle outside, ensueing at a dangerous rate. Their ship, though, seemed safe.

"We must be in some kind of observation ship... that's why they don't fire outside, only inside...." Will noted, distractedly lowering the gun.

-------

"Nod, all you need to do now is concentrate on the cape. Focus on flying and it'll get you across." Link explained, getting on Deimos's back. "Just like a Kargarok." He added in a whisper. "I'm ready."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Deimos ran to the pillars and leapt from pillar to pillar, his powerful legs easily propelling him from one pillar to the next.

Hyp had already reached the other side.

Nod was concentrating as hard as possible, soon he was hovering in the air.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Link hold on to his hat.

"Eh, you do this really well! You used to do this or something?!" He commented, trying to hold tight.

-----------

"Hey Tom, check that out." Will called, pointing at a pair of R.O.B.s guarding an exit. They didn't react, remaining there, in standby.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Deimos nodded. "Yep. I did something like this during the now legendary Assault on Cloud Island during the War of the Beyond."

Nod was hovering through the air but his flight was jerky.

"Imagine you're Pterano!" Ms. Swimmer called.

---------------

Tom was examining a locked door when Will's voice got his attention. "Hmm. Do you think we can sneak by them? By the way I found a locked door that may lead to the engine room."

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Link listened carefully.

"So, you were combatants... that's interesting. It might explain why you were all invited to participate." He replied.

Link's face then got slightly blank at Ms.Swimmer's comment.

"Who's Pterano?" He asked, curious. The ledge wasn't far.

------

"We might... but then we might trigger an alarm..."

The door seemed the best solution, despite being locked.

Will turned to the door and examined it up and down.

"Don't think a couple of shots would take it down... explosives might, though."

His thoughts drifted to the R.O.B.s.

"Explosives like theirs." He added with a confident look. A plan was starting to form.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Tom sighed. "I'm going to try and cut through the door."

-------

"Yep. Almost everyone of us here has fought in the War of the Beyond." Deimos said.

Nod had gotten better at flying and he was steadily hovering towards the other side.

"You're almost there, Nod!" Hyp shouted.