The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldiers

Serris · 697 · 71016

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Snow found herself blushing at Neku's response before a close rattle of gunfire snapped her back to reality.  She made room behind cover for Dr. Joe as the scientist ducked out of the crossfire.

"Was it me, or did I just see you blush?" Dr. Joe said with an inquisitive but slightly humorous tone.

"It is a bad thing?"

"To see you starting to come out of your shell?  Of course not!"  Dr. Joe reloaded a fresh clip.

Vic also reloaded his weapon as he listened to the conversation over the battle.  "I'll come with you, sir!  There may be others that need medical attention to fight back."

"And leave us with these guys?!" Dr. Joe responded.  She turned and fired around the corner, striking a terrorist in the knee.  This caused the terrorist to jerk violently, holding down on the trigger as the rifle flew up to the side in a stream of fire and blew away a nearby comrade.

One of the Cobalt soldiers watched this and whistled in awe.  "And she's complaining?"

"Wh-what about the dangerous ones?" Snow asked.

"You mean the experiments in the sub-levels?" Dr. Joe turned back.  "Good God..."

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
(OOC - Any characters rescued can be taken by anyone. )

"Good!" James counted up, "That makes 4 of us."

James and the rest of his party headed away from the AWTR.

After a trek through a battle ravaged hallway, they stopped at a door with a card reader labeled "AWTR Turret Machinery Room".

"Ok, we need to reload the turrets; that'll give the guys back there some needed support."

Zachary and James opened the door and entered into the machinery room. The stairwell was well lit and showed no signs of prior entry.

They soon reached the room and saw several of the turrets. Even though they were inactive and waiting to be reloaded, the heavy armor and the barrel shrouds gave them a menacing appearence.

James grabbed a hand cart and moved it over to Zachary who was wrestling with a huge drum magazine of .30 caliber ammo. They soon loaded the drum onto the handcart and moved over to the nearest turret. Zachary removed the old magazine and placed it on the ground. James then helped him lower the new magazine into the slot and chamber a round.

James and Zachary reloaded the rest of the turrets. After several minutes, James went over to the control pad and hit the reset button. The turrets whirred and lowered themselves back into the fray.

"How'd everything go?" asked a Cobalt Squad soldier.

"Fine." James replied. He was rubbing his sore arms.

-------

A Cobalt Squad soldier was crouched behind the corner where Dr. Joe was firing. He fired a quick burst at terrorist, when a mechanical whirring noise caught his attention. He looked up to see the turrets activate and engage the terrorists.

"Well. It's not quite what I expected when Dr. Zanasiu and his crew said they're getting reinforcements but it's better than nothing."

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Hey guys werner here Dr shelton and i have some of the few remaning cameras in the sublevels operational we've discovered terrorists moving down the cell hall whatever their looking for it's there,' werner called over the raido.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Right," murmured Shelton. He was still frowning at the viewscreen. Something wasn't right...

Suddenly, it snapped into place. He hit the intercom.

"Guys, I just realized it! I don't think they want anything in the AWTR at all! It's a diversion to keep you occupied while Cale and his squad get the real objective!"

-----------

Speaking of which, Cale and his surviving troopers finally emerged at the end of the dark hallway. Door Z8 swung open.

Inside was a young, scared looking man. He turned his head and his eyes opened wide as he beheld the strike team pile into his cell.

The first terrorist to enter the room pointed his gun right at the man's face and smiled wickedly. "Lockdown. You're coming with us."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Neku grinned.
"The demons of level five?  I'll take care of you, my...beautiful angel of flames."
When he heard Shelton's announcement, though, he swore, creating an electrical spike to impale the terrorist he was fighting.
"Crap!  They've reached the sublevels?  This isn't good..."

Hawkeye let a mechanical snarl escape his beak, slashing two opponents with his razor-sharp wing feathers.
"The demons of five floors deep?!  Damnable..."

The figure in the straitjacket cackled, eyes leering.
"Lockdown...seen...is he...useful-ally?"

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
James and his group were near a locked laboratory door when the radio crackled.

James listened to Shelton's revelation. "Holy crap! We fell for a diversion!"

"What diversion?" Zachary asked.

"Those terrorists don't want anything in the AWTR! They're after the sublevels!"

"We must go back!" the Cobalt Squad soldier said.

James shook his head. "No one talks much about the sublevels other than a few scientists here. They are rumored to contain some of the most powerful experiments here and they may be unstable. I'd rather take on an entire platoon of terrorists with my shotgun than face one of those experiments. We will need reinforcements before we can even attempt to enter the weapons lab."

The Cobalt Squad soldier nodded his head.

Zachary pointed to the lab door. "Okay, so who's going to help me?"

The Cobalt Squad soldier backed away, "I'm guarding the entrance."

"Vic, James, you coming?" Zachary asked.

(OOC - if it's okay with everybody I want to add in a few mad scientist characters as villians. They will not have a character profile. This is based off a concept I saw realized in the other version of this RP.)

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
(OOC: Mad scientists sound awesome. All right with me. Also, just noticed what you said about Zachary contacting Shelton, and fixed it.)

Lockdown scrambled backwards, pressing himself against the far wall. "No, please," he begged. "I haven't done anything to you, I haven't bothered anyone--"

"Cork it," snarled a soldier. "Git up."

"This is the 'secret weapon' we're risking our lives for?" whispered a soldier to another. "What's so special about him?"

"He's kept locked up in the sublevels, so he must have some sort of power," responded the other.

The troupe turned to the psychotic experiments, hovering ominously outside the cell.

"Now, we just need to get out safely, and the commander's master plan can be set into motion. Remember, under no circumstances can anything happen to the prisoner. CHARGE!!!"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The wolf and the straitjacket-bound figure joined the soldiers, each running aside Lockdown...

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
One of the Cobalt Sqaud soldiers went to Neku. "Sir! Are you all right?"

The Iguana security guard fired off his last magazine, killing a terrorist. He reached for his sidearm and crouched behind the crate.

------

James listened to Zachary's offer. "I'm coming. Vic? You coming?" James asked.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Neku nodded.
"I'm fine.  I'll live... I just...used up a little too much of my strength.  Sorry to worry you.  And there's no need to call me sir.  Just...call me Neku."
He said, pushing himself upright, smiling.
"See.  Just fine."

Hawkeye turned, mechanical eye scanning the room.  
"There are only seven left.  I got this. Everyone cover your heads."
He projected over the radios of his allies, then unleashed a few wing feathers, cutting down the remaining terrorists...

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
"Right behind you, sir," Vic answered as he followed.

----------

Dr. Joe and Snow ducked as Hawkeye finished off the rest of the opposition.  Dr. Joe checked her ammunition and even collected a few more clips from the dead terrorists.

Snow shivered at the aftermath of the battle, but then looked to see Neku against the wall in fatigue, but then got back up.

"That was fun," Dr. Joe implied, "but we have got to get down to stop those terrorists.  There may be an experiment down there they're looking for."

----------

The insect experiment has slipped away on his own volition, making his way into a series of ventilation shafts and into the upper levels...

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
James used his ID card to unlock the lab.

Zachary, James and Vic entered the lab.

Zachary hit a nearby light switch, illuminating the lab.

"Sweep for survivors and anything that may be of use." James said, "Zach, take the back office. Vic, sweep the storerooms. I'll get the main section. Yell if you need help."

Zachary nodded and headed towards the back office, while James checked the main section. James opened every lab drawer he could find. He found a DVD in one of the drawers. He pocketed it. Finding nothing of significance in the drawers, he then turned his attention to the cabinets.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Neku walked over to Snow, smiling at her.  
"Wow, Snow.  You've gotten better.  I'm impressed."
He said to her, giving her a small hug...

Hawkeye nodded at Dr. Joe.  
"You are right.  We had best be on our way to stop the terrorists..."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(OOC - the scientist with Hawkeye is Dr. Joe. My characters are looking for reinforcements.)

The Iguana guard dropped his submachine gun and picked up a shotgun from a dead terrorist.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
In the main hangar, the terrorist commander was enraged to hear the entire platoon had been wiped out in the AWTR.

"I had half of my best men up there! Were you all asleep during the seven months in the desert that we trained for this raid?" he raved at the only survivor (the wounded sharpshooter), who had relayed him the information.

He turned away in disgust. "Send another team of men into the sublevels. Cale will need all the help he can get, and this Lockdown's transmutation ability is crucial in order for the bridge to work."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
James radioed Shelton. "Shelton, can you see if there's any survivors in any of the labs?"

After a few moments, Shelton's voice crackled over the radio. "Will do, Dr. Zanasiu."

James resumed searching the main section of the lab.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Shelton scanned the labs and reported back. "Yeah, most of the cells seem to be occupied, but still sealed. Cells 1 through 5-B are open, and the inhabitants seem to be trying to free others. A team of about seven life signs is heading for the main hallway from cell 8-Zed and will collide with them in about thirty seconds. But the scanner only reports life signs; I can't tell you who is who."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Neku looked around.
"Hmm...Looks like those guys didn't take anything.  What do you all say?  Should we see what kinda gear we can grab from around here?"
He asked the team, smirking...

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The Iguana guard shrugged. "Normally this is against protocol, but I'll make an exception." He gestured to the rest of the group. "Well, what are you waiting for?"

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Snow blushed again as Neku hugged her.

Dr. Joe walked over and put a hand on her shoulder.  "I'm glad you're getting some confidence," she said.

The white Shepherd nodded a little, and the two joined the others.

----------

Vic began a sweep into the different rooms for signs of life, opening each door as he moved.  Now that the chance of coming across the experiments from the sub-levels is likely, he'd better be careful.  "This is Vic.  I've found no survivors in the storerooms," he radioed in.