The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Update: The Fox Returnith?

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
[Note to Adam (and the rest of the staff): I'm posting this thread in two different places at once... forgive me for this spamming, but I feel I need to broadcast this update to get additional attention... this is to help me to get back into this community... This is the only time I'll ever spam like this. if it is too much, then feel free to delete one copy of this thread. Thanks for your understanding...]

Aye, it has been some time since I posted in here. And as of late I cant help but feel guilty for abandoning my post here in the RP forums (and GoF as a whole). Right now I am considering a return... but my problem is making a commitment for doing such a thing (lately, I've been having trouble committing to anything...)

So what trouble am I having concerning a potential return to the GoF? Besides commitment there's also the lack of interest... my interests lately have been bouncing around like the balls inside a lotto machine...like my day to day interests the numbers are always different, one day I want to program something, another day I want to draw something, another day I want to attempt to write a novel, another day I just want to play videogames, another, go for a walk, another watch tv, another etc... I seem to be having a terrible case of day to day ADD and its something I'm not particularly proud of.

Despite these day to day changes in interests I will not deny that GoF has popped into my head from time to time, and every time it does come into my head I ponder why I haven't been coming back. I still love The Land Before Time, but as of late, I've been feeling a bit silly for liking such a kiddie series and that feeling along has for some reason made me want to avoid coming here, at least until I can get back into fully appreciating the series as I once did.

Another reason, I just got a new laptop.. a Mac IBook to be precise (I was always a PC guy up to this point) and since I've got the thing (bought it for $40 from my uncle who had no use for it) I've been toying with it, trying to figure out what I can get to work and what I cant get to work (as far as my usual preference in software goes), so that's another thing that's been keeping me preoccupied ... and the fact that I'm using a piece of hardware that's dated, I cant upgrade to the most up to date Mac related software (I'm using a Power PC... as any Mac User should know by now, Apple has long since abandoned PPC for Intel hardware, so I'm stuck using Mac Panther (OS 10.3.9) which is terribly limited... I'm also stuck using Firefox 2 (which stinks something awful compared to FF3) considering I'm midways on my quest to find things that will work for this machine, I've been terribly lazy when it comes to the internet in general... I've just today added GoF to my bookmark list and I plan to later today add more of my other favorites to the list (I cant seem to import my bookmarks from my current PC which is running FF3 as the main internet exploring software) so to speak, I'm just now getting around to posting in GoF again after this huge transfer from a PC genius to a Mac idiot.

Anyway, with all that said and done, I'd like to get some help from my fellow GoF members, (and mods, and Admins) I want to make a huge comeback somehow, and for me to make that commitment may require me to re-befriend everyone on here (and chances are, I may need to go back and rewatch all the LBT movies and tv episodes to get back into the spirit, as cheesy as that journey sounds to me right now :p )

Currently, MSN sucks on my Mac IBook, so I'm requesting all my buddies join me on Skype (granted if you have skype, or you plan on downloading it... its free!) my IBook has a built in Mic, so I can carry on conversations without the need of having to type to a dozen screens at once (at least I hope that's how it works... I don't know the limit of oral conversations I can have on this piece of software... :p  )

My Skype name is AvestheFox

the folks I hope to chat with:
Adam (Petrie)
Tim (Action9000)
Malte
Mumblin
Kor
Nick
LandBeforeTimeLover
GreatValleyGuardian

and a few others I cant name off the top of my head (if your not on that list, then dont feel uninvited, I'm open to meeting new people, and chances are I already know you, but could not remember to add you to the list... My sincere apologies in advance!)

If you dont want to use Skype (go through the trouble of downloading it, etc, etc) then dont... this is simply a suggestion to get in contact with me. there are other methods such as AIM: AvestheFox; Yahoo:AvestheFox; E-Mail:Bullockarts@gmail.com ; or simply just pm me through the forums. :p (e-mail and pm'ing would prove to be much slower than IM service, and I'm not on Yahoo or AIM that much.. Skype works better than most on this machine...)

Anyway.. thanks for your time in reading this... I hope this can help me to come back to this community and enjoy it as I once did... :)

- AvestheForumFox

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
understood aves, and i will try and get in contact with you soon.  we of course would welcome you back with open arms, and i understand that real life has intervened..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: