The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

If This Were Ever Remade...

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Nov 23 2012 on  09:41 PM
Don't worry, you'll remember.
Nah, I meant that to be sarcastic, which is what I love about my good-humored self!

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
OHHEYI'MNOTDEAD

AND HEY, BRUTON, GOOD TO SEE YOU.

So, if the film were ever remade huh? Personally, I wouldn't like to see the sequels scrapped, (they were kind of what made LBT LBT, I suppose) they should stay as they are. But, if the original were to be remade I'd want it to stay in 2-D animation rather than CGI or 3-D.

CGI is fine and all, but for me, 2-D animation is one of the things that give the movies I liked to watch when I was really little their magic, so I'd like for the original to stay as a 2-D animated film. Personally, I'm getting tired of all the CGI and 3-D animated movies going on nowadays. It's like, a movie comes out, and guess what? Like every other new movie companies are spewing out nowadays, it's CGI/3-D. But, it's not like I can change anything.

I'd say that the cut scenes should also be put in, or they should at least have a deleted scenes feature if it ever came out on DVD. That's a must for me. Besides, I would really like to see some of the original ideas that were scrapped in the process of making the film. Also, I heard that the fight between Littlefoot's mother and Sharptooth was longer, and a lot bloodier, so I'd like to see how the first copy or so of that played out. I have a feeling it would be quite interesting indeed.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
With a remake, they could get an early start on tying in things we see in the sequels, such as the inclusion of a sub-plot concerning how the other herds came to work together after they met up on the other side of the divide and even perhps cameos by Pterano and Mr. Thicknose.

Then in a remake of LBTII, we could get an early appearances by Hyp, Mutt, and Nod. And so on and so forth.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^I know you meant "herds", but with "nerds" you really cracked me up.  :lol  Thanks for cheering me up with a typo.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Speaking of which, how would you guys tie in later sequels in a remake of the first movie?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^Well, as I see it, there's really no continuity break from LBT I to II plot-wise, but the overall tone has changed a lot of course, especially with the addition of Chomper and showing his parents as loving parents, which is a very different portrayal of sharpteeth compared to original sharptooth being a terrible, merciless force of nature. It really brought home the eternal mortal struggle in the natural world. The remake would have to tone down the terror aspect of sharptooth considerably, to make a smoother transition to the sequels. But I don't think that would make the remake any better than the original, and being better should be the primary goal.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
The alternative would be to have a remake of the sequels too, but with a slightly darker atmosphere. Rather than making the original movie's sharptooth appear less threatening I would prefer for the conflict of a sharptooth leafeater relationship to be included more prominently in the sequel. For example it has always felt strange to me that never ever the aspect of Littlefoot's mother's death is mentioned in this context. Littlefoot (and the others too) just accept Chomper without many questions and conflicts are shown (Chomper biting Cera) but never concluded (she seems to like him anyway after he bit Strut too). There is a lot more potential in the story though it might get a little too complex for the original target audience and admittedly a problem which can perhaps never be absolutely solved.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I wouldn't say the conflict between sharpteeth and leaf eaters would be too complex for the young audience. Have you seen some of the complex stories that have been showing up in the world of animation lately? Trust me. They can handle it.