The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Chicken Run - or how Rhett got chased out of the Valley and trampled by Yellowbe

Ducky123 · 150 · 21232

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
*mentions*
 :bestsharptooth

Who are you again? The "sane" narrator of this role play?

I don't think so. :p

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
  • AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB
    • View Profile
Edit: Yes, I didn't know you could use the actual hex values until now. If you knew already, then don't mention it to me. :P
*mentions*
*also mentions* (even though I didn't know already)  :lol

But some characters are very similar colors... *cough* certain longnecks *cough*
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

Major kudos to anyone who figures out what that means :)

I will find ways to make sure “lol dino” is in all of my posts :lol

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Edit: Yes, I didn't know you could use the actual hex values until now. If you knew already, then don't mention it to me. :P
*mentions*

*mentions a third time* :p

But anyway, that's great about the hex values, as it means we can pick any colour we want and aren't just limited to whatever colour terms are accepted by the forum, even though there's already an impressive variety there too. I probably won't pick "maroon" for Mama Swimmer then, but likely still a similar brown colour.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm going to use colours for all my characters from here on out, but I think it would be fine if you didn't. After all, we can still see what character you're writing about in your post.

Edit: My Littlefoot post will be coming later this weekend.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 11:01:09 PM by StardustSoldier »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
*mentions*

*mentions a third time* :p

Sneak was the bad influence this time it seems...
Nah, StardustSoldier told him to post that. :rolleyes

@StardustSoldier: Just a reminder to make your Littlefoot post for this role play, as it is already 9 PM EST, or 7 PM at your time zone on a Sunday night.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
*mentions the hex values a fourth time* :P

Anyway, it's been a busy weekend. I'm staying at my aunt and uncle's for Thanksgiving, and my cousin and her family came over to the house for supper and so we have a lot of noisy little kidlets running around. :p But I'm working on my RP post right now. I'll have it done in a couple or so hours.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I was literally about to say, isn’t thanksgiving in late November though? Then I just realized...you live in Canada and it takes place in October. Silly me. :P

What are you thankful for this year? :)

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Come to think of it, I wonder why Canada does Thanksgiving in October. I actually think it makes more sense to have it in November, as November doesn't really have a major holiday occasion otherwise.

Anyway, I'm thankful for this moment right now. The rest of the family have gone home for the night, and now it's just me and my aunt and my other cousin chilling in the living room. Not to harp on the others, as they're lovely people. But all the same, it's become such a quiet and relaxing evening here...

(Also, I finished my post.)

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
(Also, I finished my post.)

which color did you use for Mama Swimmer? just wondering so I don't use it for Petrie  :lol

"They didn't know for absolute certain that Doc was in fact the Lone Dinosaur. If the Lone Dinosaur himself was even real. It had just been one of Grandpa's many nighttime stories. Still, Littlefoot had always liked to think that Doc and the Lone Dinosaur were one and the same. No-one could prove they weren't, after all."

Maybe we could have a definite answer to this for in the continuity of this role play?

which leads to an idea for Cera...
Cera seems like the type who would ask Littlefoot why he hasn't just asked Doc about if he's the Lone Dinosaur or not  :lol
("I still think there's no mystery - he's just a squinty-eyed old longneck with...uh...I guess one friend")

Also, what about Dara? Should she help chase Rhett? (more opportunities for Rhett to be stomped) :lol
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I used saddle brown for Mama Swimmer. When I was quoting Petrie, I used regular brown, but feel free to pick a different colour for him.

"They didn't know for absolute certain that Doc was in fact the Lone Dinosaur. If the Lone Dinosaur himself was even real. It had just been one of Grandpa's many nighttime stories. Still, Littlefoot had always liked to think that Doc and the Lone Dinosaur were one and the same. No-one could prove they weren't, after all."

Maybe we could have a definite answer to this for in the continuity of this role play?

That's a good idea. Community discussion: Should Doc be the Lone Dinosaur, or should he not? I'll abstain my vote for tonight as I'm tired right now, but I'll mull things over.

As for Dara, currently we have no-one playing her. Do you want her role?

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I vote yes, Doc should be the Lone Dinosaur (for the role play continuity anyways)...
since the Role Play plot has Doc showing up in the Valley because of Littlefoot's wish at Saurus Rock

and if we do have Dara in the role play...sure I can include her in my characters. More chances to cause chaos for Rhett  :lol
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Same for me, I use regular brown for Petrie too. Oh yeah, I use this color for Grandpa Longneck as shown in this caption thread, but then again Grandma Longneck is also the same color too as well. Ugh, color coding is a bit more difficult than anticipated.

As for Dara, I don’t see why not. Go for it! We’ll see what the others think though besides me and StardustSoldier.

I vote yes for Doc being the lone dinosaur as well.

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Same for me, I use regular brown for Petrie too. Oh yeah, I use this color for Grandpa Longneck as shown in this caption thread, but then again Grandma Longneck is also the same color too as well. Ugh, color coding is a bit more difficult than anticipated.

Aaaand we've apparently got three longnecks that are pretty much the same color...  :opetrie  :lol
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Even though Littlefoot sometimes appears purple-ish in the films, I think officially he's supposed to be brown with a tan underbelly, so I just use tan for him. I haven't yet picked my own color to use for either Grandpa or Grandma, but in that case I'd probably just go with two similar (but not identical) shades of greyish-blue.

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Even though Littlefoot sometimes appears purple-ish in the films, I think officially he's supposed to be brown with a tan underbelly, so I just use tan for him. I haven't yet picked my own color to use for either Grandpa or Grandma, but in that case I'd probably just go with two similar (but not identical) shades of greyish-blue.

The grandparent longnecks and Doc are really similar in color - at least from what I was able to tell...at midnight without my glasses  :lol
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh, I thought you were referring to Littlefoot as the third longneck.

Hmm. Well in Saurus Rock, at least, Doc is a lighter shade of grey than Grandpa, while Grandma has a slightly browner tint to her.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 03:26:56 AM by StardustSoldier »

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm indifferent about it. But I guess it's gotta be Doc = Lone Dinosaur
Inactive, probably forever.

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I just noticed I will have some unforeseen trouble in the RP. You guys make such long posts, but my RP-posts were always short XD

Imma gonna have to try real hard here :P

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This has been a crazy busy month for me, but I'll have more time for RPing in November.