The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Official Saw 3D Thread

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Quote from: LBTFan13,Sep 12 2010 on  09:34 AM
I doubt the series will continue unless Saw 3D does well in the box office. Considering it's going up against Paranormal Activity II, I'm not sure how well it will do.
I don't see it doing well against Paranormal Activity. Paranormal Activity is a new series that is still peaking the public's interest. If the Box Office results for the last few Saw movies have been any correlation, then the public seems to be getting tired of Saw. So yeah, I don't see it doing better than Paranormal Activity 2.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Holy crap, do my eyes deceive me?! I thought I just saw Dr. Gordon!!

Now I wanna see this!

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
This movie keeps looking better and better with each trailer and clip. I am so stoked for this movie now

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^Amen to that!  I sure hope they saved the best for last.

*Laughs evilly*

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YQI8hvZNQk

Very interesting how the clip plays out, and it's a really gruesome death!

I say it's a dream sequence, but what do you guys think?

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
IMO, it has to be a dream sequence. There's no way they would give away of the most important characters in the series's death in the promo material.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well beside that, there's a lot of talk circulating on the net of Jill losing a tooth in the movie somehow. In the clip, she still has all of her teeth, so unless the tooth she lost is one of her back teeth, this is most likely a dream.

I actually really like Jill Tuck. Her character has so much depth to her. You can really feel the turmoil she is going through, especially in Saw VI when she has the envelopes John left for her. It shows that she is really struggling with the fact that when she thought she lost John forever to the sadistic man he became, she finds out that he still does care for her a great deal, as shown in the video he left her in Saw V.

I'm so excited for this weekend when I see Saw 3D with my friends! We've pretty much seen every Saw movie in theaters, and now it will come full circle!

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've seen everyone since IV in theaters, since I didn't see any of them till after III came out.

It's kinda of fitting, in a way, in my last year of high school, the final Saw movie comes out.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That's gotta be a dream, and a scary as hell one at that too :wow.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well, I saw it this afternoon. and here's what I thought of Saw 3D: (Spoilers will be included.)

Few horror series have had final films that really had a sense of finality to them, but there's an exception to ever rule. Saw 3d, if it truly is the final chapter in the Saw saga, is a worthy conclusion to the series.

Picking up where Saw VI left off, Jill sees Hoffman escape from the RBT 2 and hides in fear, then exposes his identity to the police. However, Hoffman is out for Jill's blood, and will stop at nothing to kill her. Meanwhile, a self help guru named Bobby Dagen and some his associates and his wife Joyce are placed in a series of traps because Bobby's "previous encounter" with a Jigsaw game was all a lie. Bobby is tested to see if his S.U.R.V.I.V.E. plan can actually work.

Overall, the story was nice and dark, Hoffman seemed even more evil than he was in VI. Dagen's story, while in hindsight was not necessary, was interesting, seeing how he learned from his mistakes and be the first Saw protagonist in a while to survive. (Though his wife-not so lucky.) The final chase scene between Jill and Hoffman at the police precinct was one of the most suspenseful moments in the series IMO, and I did not expect the return of the original RBT.

As for the traps, they were overall enjoyable. While the Blade Train and Lawnmowers were pretty quick and pointless (Seriously, the latter trap lasts only for like 10 seconds!), the public trap at the beginning, plus most of the traps in Bobby's game (Except for the cage one) were good and suspenseful. The Sound Spikes reminded me of the oxygen trap from VI while the hanging platforms were interesting even though it lacked gore. But by far the best trap was the hook/incinerator combo towards the end. It needs to be seen to be believed...

(Also, the machine gun turret was memorable.)

The final twist really made the whole series come full circle. Seeing Hoffman about to win, only for Dr. Gordon plus two other people (Whose identities I think will remain unrevealed forever) to knock him out and lock him in the bathroom was epic (Though, honestly, not the biggest surprise). Jigsaw's work finally ended when Gordon slams the door.

In conclusion, I want to say thanks. Thank you James Wan, Leigh Whannel, Darren Lynn Bousman, David Hackl, and Kevin Greutert for your involvement in writing, directing, crafting, and editing this amazing story.

Thank you Tobin Bell, Shawnee Smith, Costas Mandylor, and Betsy Russel for your memorable performances and characters.

Thank you Saw.

I give Saw 3D am 8.5-9/10

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I just got back from seeing it myself, and I'm quite pleased with this one being the final installment.  Interestingly enough, the ending leaves for any possible future sequels, but if none are made this ending is good enough for me :yes.

I was disappointed in how those three cops reacted to the machine gun.  They could've ducked below the office furniture to avoid gunfire.  I felt their reactions were a stupid move on their part :bang.  Wrong time and place to have a stunned reaction.

Also, we never know exactly what happened to Bobby afterwards.  Did he get whacked or not?  They left this part vague.

As far as the traps are concerned, I was very pleased.  The whole "key attached to a fishing lure" scene really grossed me out :x  :x.

Overall, I really enjoyed Saw VII, whether or not it's the last one :yes.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I saw it yesterday with my friends, and here's what I have to say about it:

SPOILERS ARE INCLUDED

The story may have been a little weak, but it was still interesting none the less. I was wondering when we would see somebody use the message Jigsaw tried to spread as a means of commercial gain, regardless on whether or not the experience was truth or lies. It kind of came off to me that some people were just not scared of Jigsaw if they would fake going through a trap for the purpose of fame and fortune, and while it was sad to see Bobby go through what he did, especially losing his wife, I say he got what was coming to him. John saw that Bobby didn't truly deserve what he had gained, and he put all of that up against him and it came to bite him in the butt in the end.

To be honest, I really don't think they needed another cop. The new guy in this movie was kind of pointless all around. I think the movie would have worked fine on it's own with the Bobby storyline as well as the Jill vs Hoffman plot. I wasn't really phased at all when the cop was killed with the turret gun.

On the topic of Jill versus Hoffman, I am a fan of Jill over Hoffman. It's not that I don't like Costas Mandylor, I actually thought he fit the role very well. I just prefer Jill because I feel she was developed a bit better. I was sure that one of them was going to kill the other, but I did not expect them both to die. I was a little sad to see Jill die, although it was amazing to FINALLY see how the reverse bear trap from Amanda's trap was meant to work. Watching Gordon lock up Hoffman in the bathroom and leaving him to die was an amazing tie back to the first movie, and I especially loved how Gordon got rid of the saw he used to cut his foot off. Hoffman got exactly what he deserved.

Seeing Dr. Gordon back was a treat indeed. The twist ending of having him be involved with Jigsaw the entire time was such a perfect way of ending, yet at the same time this might have hurt the movie's unpredictability factor. It seems that since Saw II, EVERYBODY who has seen all of the movies predicted that Gordon was an accomplice, and while it was nice to see that a lot of people predicted right, this also means that it most likely came as no surprise to a lot of people. I think not having Dr. Gordon appear in the self help group scene would have helped the ending come more as a shock. Nevertheless, it was still an awesome ending.

The traps were crazy this time around. Were they the best? I wouldn't say that. Regardless, they were still awesome. I think we can all agree that the garage trap was the most memorable from that movie, because you knew that Jigsaw wouldn't have gone through the trouble of setting up that entire trap for it to not work, and the pay off was brutal. Again, seeing the reverse bear trap was great, and the sheer look of horror on Jill's face when she realized she was dead was truly terrifying. The public trap at the beginning was also very interesting. It was nice to see a huge number of people exposed to what Jigsaw could do.

In terms of the 3D, I thought it worked very well. When I first heard that Saw was going to be in 3D, my first thought was that every minute body parts would be flying in my face, but to my surprise it was kept under control. In fact, I was actually left wanting more out of the 3D, because what was put in the movie worked surprisingly well. There were definitely some added affects from the trailers/clips we were shown leading up to the release, and they all worked efficiently.

In terms of whether or not this movie leaves the door open for another sequel, my verdict is that it could go really either way, but my gut tells me that this is indeed the final movie. When you think about it, Dr. Gordon was never asked by Jigsaw to carry out his work after he died. His work was meant to end with Hoffman dieing at the hands of Jill. John's final request to Gordon was to look after Jill and to act immediately if anything were to happen to her. He fulfilled this by locking Hoffman up in the bathroom, so he really doesn't have anything more to do for John. His story tied up very nicely with this movie, so I really don't see Gordon becoming more involved.

Overall, I left the movie highly satisfied. Is it the best movie in the franchise? No. It has its flaws here and there. Having said that, it is still a really good movie. I am proud to have stuck with Saw since the beginning and I can safely say that this franchise will go down in the books as one of the best and most influential horror franchises of all time.

Final verdict for Saw 3D: 8.5/10

Final verdict for Saw Franchise as a whole: A+

Ranking of Saw movies from most favorite to least favorite:
Saw II
Saw
Saw III
Saw 3D
Saw VI
Saw V
Saw IV

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Seems that on the DVD release, the film's title will be changed to Saw: The Final Chapter.