The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

So...

Dagmar

• Member+
  • Ruby
  • Five years later, I'm back
    • View Profile
My grandfather and I both tested positive for COVID-19 because of one of our relatives not telling us he was sick on Thanksgiving day when we came over, until we'd already been around him. He later tested positive for the virus. :facepalm

That was two weeks ago, come this Thursday, though. Overall, we feel fine save for being tired, some sniffles, and a pain that occurs in my left knee at night.

I guess we should just be grateful neither of us had to be hospitalized because of the virus at this point. We were both pretty sick last week for about 4-5 days, but this week, we've felt fine other than being tired - that's the thing bothering us most at this point. What we experienced though, didn't seem much worse than being sick with the common flu. I guess we got lucky in that respect.

And hey, there's a bright side, right? We've been exposed to the virus and recovered pretty well, so at least now we can't get sick from COVID-19 again as long as it doesn't mutate.

Just thought I'd explain why I'd been so silent. Last week was pretty stressful for both of us.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 04:14:17 PM by Dagmar »

(Awarded to my previous account seven years ago and added here with clarification from Mumbling.)

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I am terribly sorry to hear that you and your grandfather have come down with this awful illness, but I am very glad to hear that you have both recovered.  The virus can be quite odd in terms of how severe it can be, with some people becoming deathly ill and others not even developing identifiable symptoms.  Thankfully, it looks like you two both got a mild case of the illness as opposed to the alternative.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Dagmar

• Member+
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
Thankfully, it looks like you two both got a mild case of the illness as opposed to the alternative.
Yeah, I'm grateful for that. I just hope the tiredness and pain in my left knee goes away as quickly as being sick did. The worst of the sickness only lasted four days for me and six days for my grandfather.

(Awarded to my previous account seven years ago and added here with clarification from Mumbling.)

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Wishing you and your grandfather all the best for a speedy recovery. Take care.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oof :( I'm glad the both of you are recovering well. Take care!

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
As a person that knew someone that recently passed away due to this virus, I'm glad to hear that you and your grandfather both had a mild case and are now recovering.

Dagmar

• Member+
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
Yeah, I can't even begin to describe how worried I was when I first found out that my great-uncle had tested positive after my grandfather and I were both around him for Thanksgiving. I had done a lot of research about this virus over the last year, so when I got that phone call from my great-uncle, I was like "Oh s***", more or less.

My grandfather and I had done so well with not getting sick all year, and then my great-uncle went and ruined that by not telling us he was sick just so he'd have guests over for Thanksgiving. He didn't warn his brother-in-law, who had also come over to eat, either.