The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Who animated who?

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
Pomeroy doesn't do all of the closeups, but he seems to be very good at drawing them well. He also does some longer scenes of various kinds. I know he animated most of Milo from Atlantis: The Lost Empire (specifically the dialogue scenes), and some scenes of Banjo and his father in Banjo the Woodpile Cat (when Banjo gets scolded, when Banjo takes refuge from the rain after he runs away and starts crying).
Also you said that upon closer inspection you can find out the animator. Where can you find that information, if I may ask?
What I meant to say was that after I noticed some animated scenes that looked similar in feel to one another I checked the credits at the end of both works, and it turned out that the same animator or studio animated on them both. I could have worded that better :DD
For instance, going back and elaborating on my previous example: When I watched the Disney DTV sequel to Lady and the Tramp (Scamp's Adventure) there was one little scene during Scamp's first song that seemed familiar to me. Sometime later it dawned on me; I had seen the same animation style in an episode of The Legend of Tarzan! The way both Scamp and Tarzan tilted their heads while talking, and that particular expression they both had, even though those two characters look nothing alike, they had to have the same animator. However, since both Scamp's Adventure and Legend of Tarzan were animated overseas I didn't know the specific person's name, but I had checked the credits and they were animated by one of the overseas studios that Disney uses.  I can actually think of another scene in yet another DTV sequel that was animated by the same studio, believe it or not!  :wow

By the way, do you know some scenes animated by Dan Kuenster?.
Unfortunately I don't. Sorry.  :neutral

I know in some animation the main company only does say every 2nd, 3rd, or 4th frame and they send it out to often overseas to do the inbetween frames, or some may use cheaper us companies.
Yeah that's the standard way of doing TV animation, and why it looks so choppy, IMHO.  <_<