The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Theory #Something: A possible line mistake?

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
In the original movie, when Ducky first appears, they exchange these lines.

LITTLEFOOT
Umm...you wanna go with me?

DUCKY
Yeah!...oh...Oh, yes yes yes, I do, I do!

I am presuming that the actress playing Ducky (Judith Barsi, RIP  :( ) may have messed up her line in this scene. My guess was that the original script had the line written simply as:

DUCKY
Oh, yes yes yes, I do, I do!

Now, if that line was messed up, I believe whoever was in the room at the time thought the screw-up was perfect, considering how cute Barsi was, and with good ideas ahead of them, they must've decided to leave the possible mistake in the recording, with it being animated to later.

Your thoughts on this theory?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I could well imagine for that one to be planned and performed as intended. The first "Yeah!" as the very enthusiastic reaction about this chance that would befit Ducky well followed by the realization that Littlefoot may not have expected that reaction and the slightly embarassed oh and then the reaffirmation that she wants to in the classical "Ducky" style.
There is no way to proove it one way or another, but since the line as it is fits a lot better to Ducky's character than the mere "Oh, yes yes yes, I do, I do!" it may very well have been planned that way.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I believe Malte is right.

BTW: What do they do first? Animation or voice acting?
Inactive, probably forever.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think in here in the US they do voice acting first, then animation later.  In Japan, and other anime places, I read they do animation first then voice acting once the animation is done.  No idea what they do in Europe and other places.

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
In Europe (at least my part of it) they do the Animation first too, as far as I know :3

I remember seeing footage of peeps recording their character's voices and them watching at footage of the movie so they could time what they're saying with how the mouth of their character moved.