The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Went The Wrong Way?

Dilopho

• Chomper
    • View Profile
The thing is that Cera's stubborness and planless behaviour didn't result in any positive outcomes.
Another example is when she endangered the others with her horror stories about Sharptooth so that they choose their sleeping-place next to her on the top of a cliff with no cover, while Littlefoot took the hole with cover.

This completely changed when she became aware of her stupid behaviour after the scene with the Pachycephalosaurs. The result was that she gave the rock with Sharptooth the final push and saved the others.

DollFace

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I love your guys opinions all good. Who's fault of Lf mother. I agree with it's part of the circle of life. Even it both stayed with their parents there is no absolute garanteed that no would have lost their life. For ex, mamalongneck could have died in the earth quake. a rock could have fell on her broke her back and other things who knows. Sharptooth wasn't just the only problem, but the earthquake. Now that could have changed the story, but the earthquake could have caused them to all get seperated and all five dinos could have met each other and started the adventure like that. It would have not been really that saddening though if you think about it. And little foots fault. Well like i said before if he hadn't snooped off he could have possibly gotten seperated from his family anyway and the other too because of the earthquake. I believed the movie could have been written in a better way and they could have had littlefoots mother still lived. Sharptooth could still be there but, hey that would have made things boring though. But I'm glad they showed what they did. And LFmama was doing what was natural, protecting her baby.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
What in the flying hell are you talking about, Dollface?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I have been thinking about making a post regarding the quarrel in the first movie, and analyze it a bit further, in an attempt to explain why Cera isn't entirely at fault for the quarrel in the movie. I do strongly believe that Littlefoot is also to blame, as he made mistakes as well.

I might actually do a short video of it instead, but it depends on if I get any time to myself in this house.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
What in the lfying hell are you talking about, Dollface?
What is it that you do not understand?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think Dollface is just saying that Littlefoot's mother's death may have still happened even if Littlefoot had stayed with his mother, and that it was part of the great circle of life.

At least, that's what I'm getting, if I'm understanding correctly.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Also that scenarios would have been possible in which Littlefoot's mother would have survived but with Littlefoot and the others being separated from their families and ending up working together anyway. DollFace believes that the movie could have been written better with such a scenario, but also with a risk of things getting boring which is why DollFace is glad the movie was written the way it was. Littefoot's mother's sacrificing herself to protect her son was a natural act for a mother.
This is what I read there.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
What I'm not understanding is what does Dollface's scenario has to do with whether or not Cera went the wrong. Did I miss something?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Other posts had examined further circumstances of the situation already. It is probably not even possible to answer the question if reduced to a simple "right or wrong". We still don't even know why Cera's way would have been wrong apart from Littlefoot's call "you are going the wrong way" without any further detail on what was wrong about it or why Littlefoot's would have been any better.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I think that they all almost died and would have without Littlefoot's intervention speaks volumes about the incorrectness of Cera's chosen path.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I was thinking of the flight from the sharptooth through the thorny thicket since the entire debate about Cera being responsible or not for the death of Littlefoot's mother could hardly apply to the quarrel that took place after the death of Littlefoot's mother.

DollFace

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I apologize for my crummy English. I write way better than that, I was lazy. Forgive me. I was just adressing to all the post above and wanted to state my view point on it, but yes all are most correct to what I was saying.

Bruton the Iguanodon

As for Cera causing the death of Littlefoot's mother, that's disgusting for me to hear, and not just because she's my favorite character.

What's disgusting for me to hear is that fans still blame Cera for "turning Ducky against Spike" in 8, even though it was resolved she didn't mean to do this. Not only is the bashing Cera, but also bashing what was probably the best song in 8!  :D

Blame Cera for  Littlefoot's mom's death if you have to, but don't blame her for the LBT 8 incident!  :confused

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Blaming Cera for Littlefoot's mother's death is more severe than just blaming her for turning Ducky against Spike, in my opinion. Yeah I do agree that neither is her fault, but how do you think it's okay that people can blame Cera for Littlefoot's mother's death (you did say "Blame Cera for Littlefoot's mother's death if you have to), but not okay for them to blame her for turning Ducky against Spike (which had far less damaging consequences since nobody died as a result)?

Bruton the Iguanodon

Yeah, I guess you have a point. I was just so defensive about the movie 8 incident I didn't really think about the movie 1 incident. I'm sorry.

Really, it's not Cera's fault in either situations. I just wasn't as bothered by people blaming her for the movie 1 incident, which I guess I should be

Bruton the Iguanodon

Cera is known to be pretty bossy in the sequels at times, but in the first movie, I feel it is Littlefoot who was the bossiest. She never told the others what to do (aside from Littlefoot going away) and she did not attempt to force Littlefoot to come with her and the others came with Cera on their own accord. Littlefoot is the only one who was actively trying to make the others do what he wanted, including getting them to help him defeat Sharptooth, something that could have cost them their lives.

This is from memory. I'll have to watch the movie again to be sure.

This doesn't mean I think Littlefoot is a bad character. I'm just saying that Cera isn't the only character that is known to be aggressive. Littlefoot is as well, though largely in the first movie. In the sequels, he mellowed out more. He has his moments, still.

Well, obviously he's "mellowed out" since the first film, in which he was going through a large depression. The fact that he still has his moments could indicate he may never fully get over it.