The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Sonic Frontiers

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, I got Sonic Frontiers for Christmas and beat it a few weeks ago.  In that time, I thought about how I really feel about this game, and I have come to one conclusion.

That I absolutely love it! :D

I would definitely place this in my Top 10 for Sonic Games.  However, I seriously don't know where I would place it.  Still, I very much enjoyed this game.

I had a lot of fun with the open world and the big boss battles.  The revamped Sonic Levels were good. (Though the S Ranks can go screw themselves.) The upgrade moves are great and really enjoyable to use.

All the characters are great.  They really touch on the characteristics of Tails, Knuckles and Amy.  As well as Eggman.  However, one I didn't expect to like was the new one, Sage.  She's an AI created by Eggman.  At first, she seems nothing more than a servant of Eggman, but as the game goes on, she becomes more of a living being.  Eggman even starts to see her as his own daughter.  It ends up being an amazing thing, really.  Nothing is forced and it feels natural in the end.

However, nothing can prepare you for the end, which I won't spoil.  It is quite an emotional thing in the end.

Really, if there is anything I am against with this game, it's that there's a lot that needs to be done before you can fight the bosses.  You have to free your friends by collecting mini tokens, which you find throughout the open world by completing mini-challenges.  You have to get 6 of the Chaos Emeralds, which you do by collecting gears from revamped Sonic Levels.  Then you go after the boss that has the seventh one.  You figure out how to get to the front of them and then you turn into Super Sonic.  You beat the boss and head to the next island.  You then lose the Chaos Emeralds and have to repeat the process again.

Still, this collect-athon doesn't feel tedious.  Collecting everything was fun and things aren't too challenging.  Heck, you can skip everything by finding Big's Fishing Game.  In the open world are purple tokens that you can collect to fish and get items that can bypass all of that.  By the end, I chose to do that and it really removed some of the difficulty.

So yeah, I enjoyed the game and it's one I think I'll come back to someday.

For now, there's one more game I need to finish.

Until then, see ya later! :wave