The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Super Smash Brothers (all)

Tails_155 · 396 · 26289

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Man!  Those are the kinds of moves my brother would call cheap. (Especially the grabbing the ledge so he can't one.) NOW you know how much of a n00b he truly is.

However, now he's made it tougher for me.  He's changed his main charcter choice.  No longer Ness, now it's Pit.  Time to learn some new mechanics. :)

Well, see ya later! :^.^:

meta knight

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Great! If you want you can post your SSBB friend code in the "Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection"
"Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection" topic so you can play online with other GoF members.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Great! If you want you can post your SSBB friend code in the "Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection" topic so you can play online with other GoF members.
He won't be doing that.  He's long-gone.  ;)
Though if anybody *else* wants to post up their friend code in After Midnight as Flathead770 suggested, go for it! :D

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
One week of smashing down......did Nintendo deliver a good game for all of you? :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You bet, Petrie!  Especially with the fact that ScrewAttack has made this game the choice for Current Fighting Game at The Iron-Man of Gaming 2008.

Of course, it's the one-on-one, no items battle style.  If I want to compete in such a competition, I'd better start getting good with that block button. :)

Dynamite Maruyama

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I got my copy just today. I have been playing it for the pass ten or so hours. I have unlocked all of the characters except Sonic, Wolf and Toon Link. I also made it to "The Great Maze" in Subspace Emissary. Boy, this level is a pain. I just went an entire circle two times.

Wonderful game so far, and a fitting tribute to the children of the 80's, 90's and early 2000's. Now if only I can get pass the Maze and defeat Tabuu.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
He won't be doing that. He's long-gone.
heh, ya i just read about that and its kinda funny :lol .

One week of smashing down......did Nintendo deliver a good game for all of you?
Yep! The total run time ive put on that game is like 70 hours. I was finally able to beat boss battles on intense today...ah man, what a pain. I also only need about 10 more things to unlock in the "challenges" menu.

Dynamite Maruyama

• Ruby
    • View Profile
BEWARE: SPOILERS

So I just conquered The Great Maze, fought an epic battle alongside Sonic the Hedgehog and defeated Tabuu.

Wow.

Sakurai really outdid himself this time. That was simply epic and I wouldn't mind seeing more. I only have a few characters left to unlock now. As it turns out, I only have Jigglypuff, Wolf and Toon Link left, each which I will unlock via Subspace Emissary. And even so, I still have more things to unlock.

Another freaky thing is, right when I was having trouble with The Great Maze, the Dojo site makes an update about it with a screenshot of the full map. That's rather convenient, no?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dynamite Maruyama,Mar 22 2008 on  08:38 AM
Is that your best shot? Here's a better one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ap32U--0yY&feature=related
FTW!

That just SO rocked!

Now, with that aside, I had recently tried Wiimote Only.  It took a bit of getting used to, but once I got the hang of it, I was kicking butt. :^.^:

Hmm, outside of the WiFi, what else could I do that I haven't already done? ;)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh, and knowing you, Action9000, what do you think of the music, especially the opening song?
One of the best opening tracks I've heard in a long time. B)

One thing I do appreciate about SSB:Brawl is that it's very artistic in general.  It's almost "high-tone" when it comes to its content outside of the immediate fighting-game gameplay, with the beautiful visuals and remarkable soundtrack.  I really see this as an artistic game and am *generally* very pleased with what they did with it.

I downloaded the full OST from smashboards as Petrie mentioned (it's 1GB and 313 tracks in total).  While there are some tracks that disppointed me a lot, others were unexpected and truly well-done.  Here are a few that stood out for me:

A remix of Mario Raceway from Super Mario Kart (SNES).  This remix is fantastic and very elegant, with touches of both acoustic and synth elements.

A remix of Luigi raceway from Mario Kart 64.  Another very well-done remix which I approve of. :)

Rainbow Road from MK: Double Dash.  I never played this game to know whether this is a remix or not...I don't think this is a remix but I could be mistaken.  It's a nice track though.

A wicked remix of the Castle theme from Super Mario World. B)

Remix of Bramble Blast (Donkey Kong Country 2): Okay, this is one I was very disappointed with.  This track has been taken away from it's "beautiful" roots and thrown into a more upbeat style.  I'm also not a fan of the instrument choices; they just seemed very unsuitable in general, even for the style that the track was remixed in

A few songs from Sonic Adventure, including "Open Your Heart" (Sonic's main theme), which I approve of.

A lot of the OST takes originals from other games and throws them directly into the game, as opposed to remixing them first.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
There is one bgm on one stage that is just....dull for a fighting game for the lack of a better term.  The name is Animal Crossing or some stage like that.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
The other day I ran into a few overly-passionate lucario fanboys on DA that keep bashing Mewtwo fans.  And for no reason at all, they kept making up extremely insulting, abusive, and extremely profane comments.  I'm not even a fan of mewtwo and I couldn't help but shake my head in complete disgust.  I made a bunch of screenshots in response to them.  So here it is:

OWWWWWWW MY BRAAAAAAIN!  

Take that!

And that!

And that, and that, and that!

I don't know if I should feel more sorry for Lucario, or for his two best friends.  XD

And he's outta there!

Keep in mind that I DO NOT hate Lucario.  I, as a matter of fact, like lucario.  I just did this to tick off all the irritable fanboys that can't accept the fact that people are different.

mcr mad

• Spike
    • View Profile
i dont have the game myself but a few of my mates do, most of them say its just other crap little kids game for the worst of the next gen consales :( there proable right cos i cant stand those type's of games after all im into games like saints row, just cause & gears of war

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
Anybody who says Nintendo is for kids is obviously a dead-wrong noob.  If they don't like Nintendo, then they've just claimed they're not real gamers without even doing anything.  <_<

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Anybody who says Nintendo is for kids is obviously a dead-wrong noob.
Nintendo is for *anyone* who is interested.  They've done a fantastic job as targetting a Huge range of gamers of many kinds.  Calling Nintendo "not for kids" is just as inaccurate as saying it is "just for kids".

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
The last I checked, Nintendo is something for the entire family to enjoy. It's not just for kids.

mcr mad

• Spike
    • View Profile
right so my mate jason who complted gears of war in 4 hours the day he got it an't a real gamer and dont call my mates noob's b**** or else i'll unlease my eminem on you, not real games? the wii game's i dont even class as hard game's, everone i've got i've comleted easy as hell, look if you like Nintendo i dont mind but dont say thing like that man