The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Thoughts of the Day

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
^You'll get caught up eventually. Whenever I'm sleep-deprived, sometimes it takes me a few or several days to fully recover, but then eventually I'll have one really good night and then I'm all nice and rested.

Nah, at this point I’ve accumulated so much lost sleep hours that the only way I can recover them all is during the summer. But yet, that’s the time where I would usually stay up late all the time, so I really don’t know honestly.  :P

Am feeling kinda down today. :(

What’s wrong? Are you feeling tired? Did someone do or say something to you? Is it just one of those bad days in general? We’re always here for moral support! :)

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Nah, nothing bad that happened with anyone specifically. I'm just snowed under with client work right now. Often I'm happy to get client work, but coming so soon after my massive novella project, and the timing isn't the greatest. Right now it's just keeping me from doing other things that I'd rather work on instead.

More than that, though, is my pet cat. He's gotten quite sick and elderly, and it looks like I'll have to put him down soon.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
More than that, though, is my pet cat. He's gotten quite sick and elderly, and it looks like I'll have to put him down soon.

Sigh...the Circle of Life can be relentless at times. Looks like you’ll be losing yet again another loved one. Although, I hope the pain lessens with each loss.

Your cat got to live a long life though, right? :)

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I put him down today. Honestly, it was tougher than losing my grandmother because I was right there when it happened, and I'd lived with him for so long; since the beginning of my time at my apartment, in fact. It was a hard decision, but I didn't want to watch him deteriorate or suffer. But yes, he did have a good long life.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I put him down today. Honestly, it was tougher than losing my grandmother because I was right there when it happened, and I'd lived with him for so long; since the beginning of my time at my apartment, in fact. It was a hard decision, but I didn't want to watch him deteriorate or suffer. But yes, he did have a good long life.
Yikes. Reading this makes it feel like the end of an era. I hope you didn't grieve for too long, the sooner you accept it the better your mental state of mind will be. At least the memories will still be there.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dr. Seuss
Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.

Exactly my sentiments OwlsCantRead, summed up by a quote I’ve known for such a long time now.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thank you. That's a good way to look at it. I'd heard that quote before, although I forgot it was from Dr. Seuss. I was still really glum about it yesterday, but today I'm feeling a little better.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Bleh, I'm feeling down again. I've just been so overwhelmed with emotions lately. :(

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Finally got my new desktop computer with Windows 10 on it all set up and ready to use. It took a little while, since my dad insisted on the do-it-yourself approach, but everything now seems to be running smoothly (I even managed to unlock that Steam achievement on that Lego game that I should've unlocked weeks ago but somehow didn't, all from a very brief session to see just how much better this new computer is compared to my old one).

The previous one that I had been using is one that I've had since December 2010, so that's nine years it's been in use (as Window XP until March 2016, when I got it upgraded to Windows 7). Even though I've been using my laptop (still in use) for a lot of my web browsing, I've also done quite a few things on the old desktop as well. Before today, all of my gaming through Steam had been done on that computer. It was also on that computer that I had watched every single episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic over the years. It's a little bittersweet to see that old thing be unplugged and placed in storage, but with the minor performance issues it's been having with some of the more recent Lego games, I knew it was time to get something more suitable for these days.

I'll be putting my brand new desktop to good use almost right away. I'll watch my copy of The Lego Movie 2 (my first time ever watching anything on a Blu Ray disk instead of a DVD), try out that Lego building designer I've never tried before known as "Studio" to replace the now essentially defunct Lego Digital Designer, and of course I'll be installing and playing the next on my list of Lego games to play; Lego City Undercover (which happens to be the one Lego game I've been more excited to try than literally any other, so it's quite fitting that it'll be the first one I'll be playing on that new computer).

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Man, I haven't coloured anything in a long time. I forgot how much fun it was.
:cerahappy

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
If sunlight kills COVID-19 then why are we told to shelter inside?  :thinking

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
This happened yesterday, but since the weather is just as bright today I couldn't help but think about a slight issue I'm having. Long story short, I thought about taking my old bicycle out of the garage yesterday, only to realize that the only working air pump was missing, which meant that I could not take a ride I've been wanting to have for a while now. It may seem like a minor thing to most, but I was really looking forward to a day outside just riding on my bike like I used to and now it will have to be postponed. :(

If sunlight kills COVID-19 then why are we told to shelter inside?  :thinking

I really hope that this is a joke. :crazy :p

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
But at least it's not as bad as this:

Lol 5G is the Beast! Next couple of yeats, 6G is evil! XD

Mind you the people on the internet who post 5G is gonna get you are prpbably using 3G, 4G, and even 5G networks. XD

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Indeed it does. Anything we can do to help you?

Thank you for your concern, Anagnos. I am feeling better today, at least. You mentioned before that you yourself have experienced depression. Are you okay to talk about it? If so, I might hit you up for a Discord chat sometime.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^Glad to hear you're feeling better. When I started my civil service last year, I was diagnosed with mild depression. I'm okay to talk about it behind closed doors, so feel free to hit me up.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
An ice cream truck just passed by my place, playing a merry little jingle. I haven't seen one of those in forever. :D

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
So my mom was rushing around the kitchen being careless, and then she ended up smashing a plate she really liked.
:PCera

Then we both ended up laughing about it after.
:PCera