The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Land Before Time Video Game ideas.

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
There hasn't been a single Land Before Time game at all since the GBA games and maybe the flash games to advertise the TV series. (DINOLAND ADVENTURE DOESN'T COUNT!!) So I thought I make a topic for video game lovers like me to share their ideas on what they would see in a modern age Land Before Time game! :PAli Feel free to discuss ideas and share!

This is a game idea I have for TLBT for quite a while now. This was inspired by the Jojo Capcom games. XD

Land Before Time Great Journey game concept:

The main objective of this game is to beat and/or survive the sharptooth and/or disaster in each stage. In Story Mode, many characters will be playable with usually the story deciding who will be played as next. There will also be a Free Mode that you can go back to previous levels choosing your own character and a secret Sleep Story Mode consisting of what if scenarios, Doc vs. Chomper's nightmare version of Doc, Ozzy and Strut vs. Dil and Ichy, Thud vs. Screech and RedClaw, and Pterano vs. An enemy alien of the Rainbow Faces.

Every character has a chargeable determination attack that can knock back smaller enemies when fully charged or cause some bigger enemies to flinch (Hyp can have a chargable punch flurry, Spike a charge and tail whip, and Shorty, a rock shot). The amount of damage dealt is situational however. Big Sharpteeth won’t tumble to one of Cera’s charges like a smaller Fast Biter. When a certain action is performed based on subtle prompts, a clue will be revealed about the enemy or stage through a inner monologue of the character or a cutscene. This is called a Hidden Advantage (In the Jojo Capcom games it's called Secret Factors), for example, Cera knocking into a cave pillar causing rocks to fall or luring a sharptooth onto an unstable surface. Characters like Hyp, Thud, Topps, will have more offensive moves given their nature and personalities. Certain stages can have alternate objectives, like escaping or even stealth.

If there had to be a story for this, it would be a grand epic where a lot of previous characters are involved. Probably having to stop an evil society of sharpteeth that could consist of some corrupted leafeaters, helping out a herd who was scattered on their way to the valley, searching for a stone of cold fire to stop a prophesied disaster of sorts (the extinction of all dinos), etc.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
@Goldenwind that game would be EPIC!

My vision of a Land Before Time game would be sort of like Donkey Kong Country Returns, I guess. There are a lot of environments in that game that kind of remind me of LBT. You'd have to move the LBT characters through different worlds (jungle, cliffs, caves, etc.), and then at the end of each world, there'd be a boss battle with one of the villains. Maybe each world would have you use a specific member of the Gang all the way through, like they'd somehow become separated from each other, and once you beat every world, the Gang is finally back together.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Better be voiced better than that PS1 game they released.

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
@RainbowFaceProtege Thanks!  :)petrie Your idea sounds like fun! I like to see a LBT platformer done like Donkey Kong Country!  :^^spike The structure with using one member of the gang for each world reminds me of the Return to the Great Valley for the PS1, though having boss battles and a actual reunion of the gang automatically makes it better. X) (The game on PS1 has no real ending)

@Enchanted-Valley96 Yeah the PS1 games had questionable voice acting.  :bestsharptooth What the heck is with Petrie being everyone's tutor in those games?

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
@RainbowFaceProtege Thanks!  :)petrie Your idea sounds like fun! I like to see a LBT platformer done like Donkey Kong Country!  :^^spike The structure with using one member of the gang for each world reminds me of the Return to the Great Valley for the PS1, though having boss battles and a actual reunion of the gang automatically makes it better. X) (The game on PS1 has no real ending)

@Enchanted-Valley96 Yeah the PS1 games had questionable voice acting.  :bestsharptooth What the heck is with Petrie being everyone's tutor in those games?
I never had any LBT video games, nor have I ever watched playthroughs of them. But now I want to look up some vids to see just how bad they are! :PCera

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Cut scenes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cftBtKVYxCQ

Get ready for TERRIBLE voice acting!

Bad animation also included.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 02:11:36 PM by Enchanted-Valley96 »

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I never had any LBT video games, nor have I ever watched playthroughs of them. But now I want to look up some vids to see just how bad they are! :PCera
One of the more fun experiences I've experienced was watching a speedrun of the GBA Land Before Time game actually being played completely seriously at speedrunning marathon Summer Games Done Quick. :OhYou

I actually saw it happen live even before I joined GoF, haha.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/76130975?t=5h18m25s
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Wow! I never thought I would see a LBT game being played competively!  :olittlefoot

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I think a great LBT game, if the dinosaurs had the technology, LBT Kart. :lol (Sigh) Too bad it won't happen.
Go Chomper!

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Get ready for TERRIBLE voice acting!

Bad animation also included.
WOW. That was genuinely awful. :opetrie

I think a great LBT game, if the dinosaurs had the technology, LBT Kart. :lol (Sigh) Too bad it won't happen.
There was an actual game called Great Valley Racing Adventure. I have the feeling it didn't have as much tech as your typical racing game, though. :SmugSpike

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile

There was an actual game called Great Valley Racing Adventure. I have the feeling it didn't have as much tech as your typical racing game, though. :SmugSpike

The game looked fun, but it is no Racer in games like Rayman Arena. It could use some more chars, Hyp and his pals existed at this time, why stick to just 4? This is called Great Valley racing.   :thudstonk

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I still can't decide which game looks worse. The PS1 game, or Dinosaur Land Adventure. :facepalm I think I'll stick with my current game, DKC Tropical Freeze. ;)Cera
Go Chomper!

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Oh yes. Those ps1 LBT games. I actually did a playththrough of Big Water Adventure

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHMofxN9dtm5f8kwInkRO0DrNo4ttrbHj

Also the voices were blah.
Life Is Good

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That Big Water Adventure doesn't look bad compared to the other game (thank goodness)! The animation has definitely improved, and I actually wouldn't mind playing this one (if the voices got annoying, I could always mute it). :lol Of course, though, the fact that I lack a PS1 is a pretty big obstacle... :p

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
@RainbowFaceProtege The PS1 game looked worse than most of the other games from the systems.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
@RainbowFaceProtege The PS1 game looked worse than most of the other games from the systems.

I meant the Big Water PS1 game, not the one you showed video of. No, that game you showed looked literally unbearable. I get that CGI technology had a long way to go at that point, but how does anything with that kind of awful voice acting make it to production? There are people on this forum alone who can do FAR better impressions of the LBT characters! :rolleyes

The game looked fun, but it is no Racer in games like Rayman Arena. It could use some more chars, Hyp and his pals existed at this time, why stick to just 4? This is called Great Valley racing.   :thudstonk

Four, that's it? :!

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile

I meant the Big Water PS1 game, not the one you showed video of. No, that game you showed looked literally unbearable. I get that CGI technology had a long way to go at that point, but how does anything with that kind of awful voice acting make it to production? There are people on this forum alone who can do FAR better impressions of the LBT characters! :rolleyes

One woman voiced Littlefoot, Cera and Ducky.

They must of had a low, low budget to get somebody who wasn't suited.

What was wrong with using the current voice actors recording number five at the time?

Four, that's it? :!

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
First Person Shooter Game where you are Yellowbelly who throws fruit and berries at enemies.

“The Land Before Time: Berry Mountain Warefare” :D

@Goldenwind

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile