The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Rinkus... for real

Jrd89 · 2 · 1726

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Today, I got something better than that silly "Pterano battle"

I found a picture.. of a rhamphorhynchus exhibit.. and it's got a real-life model of a rhamphorhynchus (in addition to a few fossils, too)

here.. have a look....  pretty amazing.. eh..?

It's Rinkus for REAL! :)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...nchus_model.jpg

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
When I saw that picture, I immediately thought of this: the “Pterosaurs: Dragons of the Air” exhibition in London (It's closed now, sadly; :cry hopefully it will be set up again someplace else). It was an exhibit focused entirely on flyers, with models of five azhdarchids (the same type of pterosaur as the giant flyer that helped carry the gang away from Threehorn Peak in LBT VI): three in the air and two on the ground (one of them devouring a dinosaur hatchling :blink:); a life-sized picture of a Pteranodon (yup, that's how big Pterano would have been in real life :wow); a wall featuring model heads of various pterosaur species, to showcase their diversity (I do believe the small one in the middle of this picture is a Rhamphorhynchus); and a couple of models of smaller pterosaurs (Anhanguera [top] and Dimorphodon [bottom], to be precise). All of the models were life-sized. :o

Oh, how I would have loved to see that exhibit. :rolleyes: (You can find more information on it here and here, and a video showing how it was set up here.)

Flyer fans, is that cool or what? :wow

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.