The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

General Land before Time Music Discussion thread

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
I noticed that, from what I can tell, the forum doesn't seem to have a general place to discuss the songs of the series. So, here it is: just a general place to talk about the songs. Talk about your favourite and least favourite songs, odd little bits of trivia about them, goofs and glitches, debates about the songs, etc etc.

To start it off, I'll give my two proverbial cents on the songs, movie by movie (remember, personal opinion here. If you disgree, open up a debate, but respect opinions.):

Great Valley Adventure: Personally, I thought the songs were one of the weaker points of this film. They just seemed a bit tacked on sometimes. Granted, Eggs was a good number that I enjoy, but the other 2 songs were a bit weak. It seemed like they hadn't quite figured out how they want the songs to sound. But I wil say that the reprise of Peaceful Valley at the end was pretty nice. I dunno why, it just seemed nice...

Time Of The great Giving: These songs were probably the crowning glory of the film. Kids Like Us was a bit average, but the other 2 were great. I've always been a fan of big-band jazz and 80s rock, so I loved them automatically. They had a unique sound, and worked in the context. If only the animation of the song sequences was just as good.

Journey to the Mists: The songs here weren't too bad. They kinda sounded like they were out of some sort of broadway musical (I think it was the fact that they were all orchestral, but not all ballads); I could totally see Who Needs You being done onstage!
They didn't particularly stand out among the other songs of the series, but they held up an otherwise mediocre film. My only real compaint is Ali's singing voice in It Takes All Sorts. It kinda wrecked an otherwise awesome song.

Mysterious Island: The first two songs were pretty impressive; Big Water was a great little number (unfortunately dragged down by abysmal lip-syncing) and Always There was almost tear-jerking, especially when Littlefoot actually refers to his mother for the first time in the sequels. But Friends For Dinner was a bit of a dissappointment. The lyrics were pretty fun, but it seemed like it was being sung way too slow, especially at the titular lines ("Friends, for din-ner!"). Not to mention that, ontop of being unable to act, Chomper was unable to sing too.

Secret of Saurus Rock: For the first time, I could easily listen to every single song in this film. Legend of The Lone Dinosaur had a cheesy appeal to it (to the pointwhere I could see some comedy country band convering it), Bad Luck was good fun (if slightly pointless), and On Your Own was very well done. I liked how it was written as a monologue, and a transformation. I alway like those sort of transformation songs.

Stone of Cold Fire: Another 2 our of 3 for me. Beyond The Mysterious Beyond was intriguing and was a good setup for the story, and Very Important Creature was brilliant, not only because I love villain songs, but because this one didn't sound like other villain songs! But Good Inside honestly did nothing for me. It just went into old, generic LBT-song territory.

Big Freeze: Once again, I could listen through all 3 songs. When You're Mad was a fun song, especially for the second verse, where it almost sounded like a workout video. Family was another heartwarming song that seemed well placed and actually told a part of the story. And I know that quite a few people on here don't like The Lessons very much, but I don't mind it too much. It was listenable, and Mr Thicknose's voice fit the song syle. Definitely helped make this film one of my top LBT films.

Journey to Big Water: Another 2 out of 3 from me. Chanson D'ennui is one of my favs, with its slow jazz tune and lyrics, and No One Has To Be Alone was just plain beautiful for me. I could almost imagine it as a power-ballad or a showtune. But Imaginary Friend was just plain dumb. Maybe it's because I hate reggae music, but it just seemed really out of place, not to mention he message is kinda rendered obsolete by what happens in the very next scene!

Great Migration: Another solid 3 for me. Adventuring had a good ring o it, and pretty much summed up the gang's motives for the entire series in a single song. Me And My Dad was a bit average, but a nice half-time song, with some nice visuals with it. But the crowning glory of the songs, nay, the movie, was Bestest Friends. despite the cutesy title, it was beautifully written, performed and animated, and pretty muchdives me to tears every time I see/hear it. It is official, I am a wimp.

Invasion of the Tinysauruses: Once again, a solid 3. Creepy Crawlies was a nice deviation into folk music territory, and didn't seem too out of place. Girls and Dads was just great, with good yrics and good singers, even though the backup singers seem a bit odd. If Only was really the obligatory ballad for the moie, and did a decent job of it. Grandpa Longneck's got a decent set of pipes.

Great Day Of The Flyers: Probably a 2 out of 3 for me. One Of A Kind was pretty weak for me, especially the chorus as well as the beginnng (Petrie's singing voice is abit of an acquired taste), but Things Change was brilliant. Nice to see Cera getting a monologue song (even though her eyes go bright blue in the middle for no reason), topped off by the classic butterfly shot cliche. Flip Flap and Fly was a bit of a goofy number, but I still enjoyed it. It had a good rhythm and decent lyrics, and probably the most singers in a single song!

Wisdom of friends: 2 out of , definitely. Say So was okay, but sounded a bit silly. Nice to hear the kids harmonising though. Yellow Belly Bounce... what can I say? It stinks. Too long, too silly, and with that weird dancing in the back, took this whole thing down an IQ level or 2. How Do We Know was pretty good though, especially the end (I liked how the kids all seemed to be in a spotlight on the last note) when they were doing a round. Although the message of the song seemed a bit confused; Is it telling us to trust our instincts, or to trust our elders?
Yellow Belly Bounce aside, I think the songs were probably the only redeemable factor of this film.

But hey! That's just my opinions. What about you?

Bruton the Iguanodon

Wow, surprised this hasn't gotten many more posts. I'll do it in no particular order.

13. Never seen it; I have heard some song clips, though, so...

Say-so: Silly, dumb, intolerable. 2 out of 10.

Yellow Belly bounce: From what I've heard the worst in the franchise. 0 out of 10!

How do you know: Best song in the movie, but that's not saying a lot. It doesn't get good until the very end starting when Littlefoot says "Trust yourself". 5 out of 10.

Adventuring: 6 out of 10. Fun and fast, but Littlefoot sounded awful and we got some crappy visuals (not you, Mo!) And it felt like an introduction to stuff we've known for ages!!

Me and my Dad: 5 out of 10. We got some nice visuals but as i've said in a seperate topic I don't even know if they were real or some sort of fantasy Littlefoot was having. And the singing? It all sucked. It didn't sound like Littlefoot at all and had a stupid pop feel to it.

Mad song: As i said in a previous topic, not the worst by any means but not my favorite by any means either. It starts out okay but gets old fast, and to be honest, Cera looked a little creeepy in several shots... 6 out of 10

Family: 7 out of 6. Nice, pleasent tune, a little sad...that's all I have to say.

The lesson. 6 out of 10. Pleasent to listen to, but overlong and the harmonica wasn't great, nor was Thicknoses' singing.

The Lone Dinosaur. Coming from someone who doesn't like country music, I actually liked the music and tune. And that's good, cause the rest sucked: the visuals, the bogus story, the twins being there...(Yeah, I hate them to death. So what? They were annoying little twerps who temporarily and almost permantently became members of the gang...YIKES. 5 out of 10.

Bad Luck: 8 out of 10. Brilliantly done. I remember loving this song when I was little but it was only this year I heard it again.  And while originally I didn't like Spike's singing,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok__ZYOmPxI (thought it was GREAT until 00:32) it's grown on me! The only thing that confuses me is the ending...why did Ducky glare at Spike? Otherwise, awesome.

On  your own: 7 out of 10. Nice music, nice singing, nice lesson to the song...nice.

Beyond the mysterious beyond: 7 out of 10. What can I say? It's mysteri-ific!

Good Inside: 6 out of 10. It wasn't overly unpleasent or anything, but not the best and was unnessceray.

Very Important Creature: 7 out of 10. I remember going back and listening to this again and again when I was a kid...it was so moving! My big complaint is...the sheer vanity of it all. Admiring yourself to no end isn't exactly a turn-on, at least not when it's sung about by a male pteradactyl. Otheriwse it would probably get a 9.

Creepy Crawlies: 7 out of 10. A fun adult song. Not much else to say, but I sure like it!

Girls and Dads. 8 out of 10. Man, that was awesome! Cree and Anndi sure make a nice duet! It had a similar feel to me and my dad but it totally fit here! My only complaint was the back-up girls who wrren't that good, but still they were cute. No big complaints here!

If only: The ultimate regret song! I bet when any LBT fan feels regretful they think of this song. Glad to see Grampa got a singing part for once. [/QUOTE]Grandpa Longneck's got a decent set of pipes.
Thanks to the late Kenneth Mars. Really, I'm not sure how the series can continue now, I can't imagine anyone else voicing Grampa (Bill Erwin's role as him chuckling doesn't count). 7 out of 10.

One of a kind: 5 out of 10. Not too much good here...bad chorus, not great instrumental arrangement. Sorry.

Things Change: it wasn't bad but only scores a 7 out of 10.

Flip flap fly: Fun, but a little overdone...someone needs to kill the idiot flyer judges.

Big water: Years ago this song had me...entranced. I loved it so much. I espicially loved the climatic moment where the gang become sea creatures...before the screen dissolves and they turn back into their cute dinosaur selves. For the sake of memories, 8 out of 10.

Always there: Oh...yes! I espicially love this one! The darkness night, the simple but powerful lyrics, Littlefoot's verse, Spike licking Ducky, and the gang all going to sleep, littlefoot looking up at his mother's staar...just beautiful. 8 out of 10.

Friends for dinner: Blechhh!!! Okay, so after the first 2 number 3 might be hard to live up to but...uggghhh!!! 3 out of 10.

Bestest Freidns: Really nice, a good bittersweet one. 6 out of 10.

Grandma's Lullaby: Ehh...never really liked it as a kid. Don't like it much more now. 6 out of 10.

Who needs you?: A real winner! Go Ichy and Dil! 9 out of 10

All Sorts: Don't remember it too well---it was pretty good, though, I think. 9 out of 10

Peaceful Valley: Have to be in a happy mood to enjoy to it, and not too often, or it gets annoying. 8 out of 10.

Eggs: Hilarious---nuff said. 8 out of 10.

One of us now: See what I said for peaceful valley. 8 out of 10.

It's Boring: 7 out of 10. Okay music, terrible visuals.

Imaginary Friends: 1 out of 10. I'm not gonna even bother reviewing this monster of a song. It only gets the sympathy point.

No one has to be alone: Beautiful, just beautiful... 9 out of 10. This one will live on forever.

When youre big: This one was sure fun! Even better then big water, probably, so...9 out of 10.

Standing tough: What can I say? Just awesome! You rock, Mr. Threehorn! Keep up the amazing performances! 9 out of 10.

Kids like us: A nice, beautiful end. Just nice. 9 out of 10.

So, the top 10?  

Kids Like us, stand tough, when you're big, no one has to be alone, all sorts, who needs you,  big water, always there, peaceful valley, and, as the big #1, "If we hold on togehter," which gets a 10/10! Well, that's all for now! bye bye!!

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Seeing that I only have movies 1-9, I'll give my opinions on the songs from those movies. I've listened to the songs from the rest of the movies, but when I actually own them, I'll give my opinions on those, too.

So, here are my opinions.

Original:

If We Hold on Together: Beautiful piece, both instrumentally and vocally. Sung by Diana Ross, former leader of popular 1960's girl group "The Supremes" (who has pretty good music). A piece that will live on for a lifetime. 10/10

The Great Valley Adventure:

Peaceful Valley (opening): A little awkward for an opening, but at least the dinos sing decently. You can especially hear Petrie's voice, considering it's lower than the others. 6.5/10

Eggs: Now there's something catchy about this tune! Jeff Bennett (as Ozzy) sings brilliantly here. 9/10

You're One of Us Now: Plain silly, though it does have a nice synth touch to it. 6/10

Peaceful Valley (ending credits): Better than the opening. More nice stuff added. 8.5/10

The Time of the Great Giving:

When You're Big: Very nice big-band groove to it, however, Hyp sounds quite horrible in it. Mutt and Nod, sadly, don't make up for it. Personally, I like the "Sing-Along Songs" version of it better. 4.5/10

Standing Tough: 80's rock? Awesome! Wait...Cera's dad singing this? Oh, okay. Well, at least John Ingle seems decent enough. Then again, maybe he shouldn't be a big jerk over water limits. Oh well. 6/10

Kids Like Us: Moving. I like Scott McAfee's voice here. 9/10

Journey Through the Mists:

(Notice that all of the songs are fully orchestrated; they are written by musical legend Leslie Bricusse)

Grandma's Lullaby: One of Linda Gary's final efforts. Really nice contralto voice, and overall, a little soothing. 7.5/10

Who Needs You?: Jeff Bennett and Tress MacNeille sang better than this. Suggestion: watch an episode of Animaniacs sometime. 4.5/10

It Takes All Sorts: A nice song with a good message added into it. 8/10

The Mysterious Island:

(Note that most of the voice cast changes here, but you all probably know that by now. Oh yeah, and Petrie's voice went up an octave for some reason.)

Big Water: Catchy shuffle piece with a nice horn section, and the changes in voice actors aren't bad either. 9/10

Always There: One word: Beautiful. 9.5/10 (If Petrie got a solo part, it would not only take down this rating, but it would also make it longer than it already is.)

Friends for Dinner: Not bad, but I could do without Chomper's voice actor, who already can't act, let along sing! Ugh! 5.5/10

The Secret of Saurus Rock:

Legend of the Lone Dinosaur: Some people here have stated that western ballads don't mix in the LBT universe. I honestly disagree with that. This is a decent western piece, although quite honestly, I wish there would be a smaller orchestration, steel guitar, and say...a fiddle solo added to it? I mean, I heard a banjo in there but that's about it (western music wise). Other than that, it works nicely...though where did the "YEE-HAW!" come from in the prehistoric times? 7/10

Bad Luck: Close to being identical to an Elvis piece. Nice horn section, though they're should've been some keyboards added to it (beside the opening piano lead). Great scat-singing, Spike! ...even though it's not Rob Paulsen (according to the credits at least). 7.5/10

On Your Own: Plain decent, yet with a nice message of loneliness. 7/10

The Stone of Cold Fire:

Beyond the Mysterious Beyond: Soaring. Charles Kimbrough and B.J. Ward have decent voices here. Almost reminds me of Barry Manilow. 8/10

Good Inside: Gets old too fast, but a good electric piano part added to it. 6/10

Very Important Creature: Who knew Michael York could sing? Very synthy piece. 7.5/10

The Big Freeze:

The Mad Song: Anndi certainly has attitude here! As Allicloud stated, the song nearly sounded like a workout video. I can imagine doing some exercises to this song:

"Now put your hands on your hips, shoulders back!"

...wow...that imagination didn't last long. Oh well. 8/10

Family: A nice, soothing piece with electric piano and strings added. Makes you appreciate Spike, doesn't it? 9.5/10

The Lesson: Robert Guilliame's abysmal singing voice doesn't stop this tune from being lovely. Nice harmonica part added to it as well. 9/10

Journey to Big Water:

Chanson D'Ennui (why the French title again?): A more laid-back jazzy piece combined with a little style. Plain decent. 6.5/10

Imaginary Friends: ...oh god, get ready.

First off, like certain other members here, I would certainly coin this song as a "Big-Lipped Alligator Moment".

Big-Lipped Alligator Moment pops up briefly.

Thank you for that. Anyways, the song basically comes out of nowhere and has little to no bearing on the plot whatsoever. After the song is over, it is not mentioned of again (except for one brief scene with Petrie's imaginary friend, which isn't half-bad, honestly). It's just pointless.

On top of that, Petrie's singing voice in this...can you spell "earbleed"? And are you sure that's still Jeff Bennett? So it is, but he's sung much better than that.

Note: please wait for a few to load.

OK, besides that!

Another interesting note is that the song is only surrounded by a ensemble of percussion instruments. Because hey, if it's reggae, it's gotta be all percussion, right? Well, maybe.

Two word summary: Pointlessly earbleeding. 2/10

Big Water (reprise): One word: pointless. And also off-beat and off-key. 1/10

No One Has to Be Alone (movie): Finally, something beautiful! Could've been nicer if this was a power ballad with an epic guitar solo added in the middle of it! But overall, this song is just beautiful in it's own way. 9.5/10

No One Has to Be Alone (Donny Osmond): Over thirty years of doing his job, and Osmond is still sounding as great as he did in his childhood. 8.5/10

--------------------

And those are all my opinions for now. Eventually, I will give my views on the rest of the songs, but for now, consider this complete.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Back once again, adding more extra facts and possible issues about the songs in the series.

First of all, as some people pointed out, there are quite a few words in the songs that aren't supposed to be used in the series, such as "sun", "bed", "sock", and at one point, "July", as well as an actual scientific term, "Struthiomimus" on "Eggs". Then again, "this egg-stealer won't settle for the dregs" actually does sound pretty weak! I guess The Roches (the songwriters of the second movie) must've thought of that too, which, quite honestly, makes the current line more suitable for the song.

There was something else I wanted to bring up as well, but I'm a little tired. I'll be back to add more information later.

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
2: Eggs is still and all-time favourite for me. I too love villains songs. The other two were alright, but if I were to list my favourite LBT songs, they probably wouldn't be on the list.

3: A solid 3 for me - all of them I think were pretty/very good. Kids Like Us had a nice melody, IMO.
(I'm giving quite short responses, aren't I?)

4: Who Needs You, as a villain song, was simply brilliant, and quite witty considering its a children's film...The other two...not quite so much. The concepts were good, but maybe the tunes or lyrics were their down points.

5: Big Water is very catchy, and one of my favourite things about it is how Spike looks extremely bored throughout.  :D
Always There is indeed a tear-jerker, though at some points I think the key may have been a little off. Not the Littlefoot bit though!
Friends for Dinner...yeah, fun, but not the best thing about the film.

6: Lone Dinosaur and Bad Luck were cheesily fun. I never gave On Your Own much thought...

7: I really liked Beyond the Mysterious Beyond and Very Important Creature. If I'm honest, I sing these almost all the time, subtly to myself...how very manly.
Good Inside wasn't as good, but I still think it wasn't bad.

8: I liked all 3, actually. Mad Song was quite comic to see, Family was touching, and The Lesson, I think, despite what people say, was a very good song, and very appropriate to the film. The message of the song was one I liked the most in fact.

9: Chason D'Eunni and No One Has to Be Alone were simply brillaint. The Big Water reprise, I felt, was unnessercary. (I hope I spelled that right.) And Imaginary Friends was just...meh.

10: Adventuring was enjoyable, but I don't like all the reprises they've made...I never liked Me and my Dad, but Bestest Friends is among the best LBT songs ever written.

11: Creepy Crawlies was OK, but I never gave the other two much thought.

12: Things Change was very good, I think. The other two were alright as well.

13: I never liked the film, but Say So was one of its redeeming points. Slightly. The other two were just bad...

But when it comes to LBT music, forget the songs for a minute. The original soundtrack by James Horner was phenomenal. Particularly Sharptooth and the Earthquake. Anyone ever heard them?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The LBT soundtrack can be heard on Youtube :)
should I give links?

Anyway they're great! It's just relaxing to listen to them.

I'll post my opinion of the songs when I rewatched all films. Why? Because my ratings would be very random, if I would make them by heart :)
Inactive, probably forever.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Well, this is my opinion:

Great Valley Adventure

Peaceful Valley: I'm fairly neutral when it comes to this song. I don't hate it, but I don't think it's the best either. I prefer the ending version to the start one though. It looked to me like the characters weren't even singing anything, they were just walking around with their mouths hanging open!

Eggs: Haha, this was quite a catchy and fun song. I really like villain songs, and this was a great song to show Ozzy and Strut's intentions.

You're one of us now: I never really gave it too much thought. I actually don't really find this one very appealing, I would usually skip it.

The Time of the Great Giving

When You're Big: I think this song is fairly good for what is it, but I really don't like Hyp's singing, and the other bullies don't make up for it, either.

Standing Tough: I gotta admit, I actually really like this song. I also enjoyed how the other adults were moving their heads to the beat, it was quite amusing.

Kids Like Us: This was a really nice song. As a teenager, going through that stage of becoming an adult, but still being a kid, actually really speaks to me about other teens. They're still kids for the time being. :)

Journey through the Mists

Grandma's Lullaby: This song is actually higher up on my list than most. I think Linda Gary did a swell job, and it's unfortunate that we never hear Grandma sing again. I actually watched this movie and listened to this song the day after I found out that my grandpa had passed away, and it taught me that these things were a part of life, so this is a song I have always kept close to my heart.

Who Needs You: I loved this song's wittiness, and it sounds just like me two years ago when I kept getting into arguments with my best friend, haha! :lol

It Takes All Sorts: Eh, this was the worst of this film. I didn't like Ali's singing voice that much.

The Mysterious Island

Big Water: This was quite a catchy song, and I always find myself singing along to it. I enjoyed it. :yes

Always There: Oh my treestars... I was bawling at this one when I watched it again after so long. Hearing Littlefoot singing about his mother just made me tear up big time. This is by far my favourite of the movie, and is also high up on the list.

Friends For Dinner: It's quite fun, but Chomper needs singing lessons. Really. His singing was pretty bad.

Secret of Saurus Rock

Legend of the Lone Dinosaur: This one is one of the songs that annoyingly gets stuck in my head when I'm trying to concentrate on something, which is why I try not to listen it to it that much. Saying that, it's not a bad song, and it's quite catchy too. It's not my favourite though.

Bad Luck: I didn't really see the necessity of this song, but I enjoyed it, mostly because of Spike's scatting. XD

On Your Own: To be honest, I never really gave it much thought. It's actually quite a nice song.

Stone of Cold Fire

Beyond the Mysterious Beyond: I actually really like this song, it had quite a sense of wonder and mystery to it.

Good Inside: It was worthy of a "meh" from me. I never really liked it, personally.

Very Important Creature: Again, it's not my favourite, but for a bad-guy song, I really like it. It's a song where you see what everyone's real intentions are.

The Big Freeze

The Mad Song: I absolutely love this song! I don't get mad very often at all, but when I do, this song describes it perfectly. :lol

Family: This song is really beautiful and heart warming. It was also nice to see Ducky's mom have a song.

The Lesson: I never really had much time for this one. It's not bad by any stretch, but I just don't listen to it that much. I'm not entirely sure why, actually.

Journey to Big Water

Chanson D'Eunnui: Sums up my Sunday evening. XD
The only thing that bothers me is in the animation sequence. What the heck was with that log?!

Imaginary Friends: It's pointless, unnecessary, and it sucks. I really do not like this song, and I don't really see what the idea was.

Big Water Reprise: I like that they referred to one of the earlier sequels, but aside from that, it wasn't necessary, and the singing wasn't great either.

No One Has to Be Alone: This is one of my favourites, and is by far the best of this movie. Whenever I feel lonely, I always listen to this song (In most cases it's the Donny Osmond version), and I feel 1000x better. It's a really beautiful song. Both versions are equal on the awesome scale in my opinion.

The Great Longneck Migration

Adventuring: Love it. I couldn't stop singing it when I went on a trip to stay in a log cabin in a really lovely forest. It's one of those catchy and fun songs and thankfully it doesn't get stuck in my head and annoy me too much, either. XD
All of the TV series version, though, I hated. It was just repeated over and over again and I really just didn't like it. I only actually like the movie version.

Me and My Dad: Eehhhh... no. I didn't like this song. I like the animation that went with it, but the song itself was way to high pitched for Littlefoot's voice. 8D

Bestest Friends: Beautiful, simply beautiful. Need I say more?

Invasion of the Tiny Longnecks

Creepy Crawlies: A very comical song courtesy of the adults. Oh, Mr Threehorn, here we go again. It's definitely an enjoyable song.

Girls and Dads: Pretty good, but those singers in the background... kinda creeped me out, actually. They just appeared from nowhere! But, Cera and Lizzie actually do make a good duet.

If Only: Hmm... again, I'm neutral with this one, but it was nice hearing Grandpa Longneck sing.

Great Day of the Flyers

One of A Kind: I actually don't think this song was too bad, but I think Petrie is better off not singing.  :lol

Things Change: This was a pretty powerful song to me. I really liked how it showed Cera's feelings and then changing her mind and thinking that this wasn't so bad after all. It was really nice.

Flip Flap and Fly: It may have been goofy, but I loved this one. I don't what is it about this one, but- wait, did those judges just throw a hatching egg in the air to fall to it's doom? What?! It was still really fun, though.

Wisdom of Friends

Say-so: Eh... it's another one of those ones that got annoyingly stuck in my head, so I try to avoid this one. :DD

Yellow-Belly Bounce: Same as the one above. It went on for a while, too, which didn't help.

How do You Know: This is probably the only good thing about this film. It's quite a nice song, it's just a shame the rest of the film ruined it.

Last but not least:
The Original Land Before Time

I'm not going to review each track, because they were all spectacular! James Horner really outdid himself with this score, and "If We Hold On Together" was a beautiful song. I really enjoy classical music, and this is by far my favourite movie score. Well done, James Horner!

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
LBT 1: What should I say

Soundtrack: Just awesome! 10/10

If we hold on together: One of my favourite songs and probably my favourite LBT song. 10/10

LBT 2: The songs weren't that great imo.

Peaceful Valley: Somehow I don't really like the song. The singing voices of them weren't as     good  as in later sequels. 5/10

Eggs: Ozzys and Struts singing voices are just annoying 3/10

You're one of us now: This one's quite good, but again their voices aren't the bests 6,5/10

LBT 3: better songs than LBT 2

When you're big: Hyps singing voice is ok, but his friend's is just meh. In spite of that the song itself just rocks! 7,5/10

Standing tough: Mr. Threehorn rocks, quite amusing song 7/10

Kids like us: Kids like us has a strong message. It's a beautiful song 9/10

LBT 4: 2 great songs, one not so great song..

Grandma's Lullaby:  beautiful! Grandmas singing is pretty nice. She sings about the circle of life, very touching! 9/10

Who needs you: Dills voice is annoying and Ickys isn't good either. Since the lyrics are pretty funny the song isn't completely bad... just sung by awful singers 5/10

It takes all sorts: An anti racism/speciesm song. I like it at all, especially since Ali sings in it. 8/10

LBT 5: the best thing in LBT 5 are the songs!

Big Water: The big big big big water... likely the most catchy song. It's pretty funny 9/10

Always there: Seems like they sing it as a fall- asleep- song... Amazing song! I especially like the beginning of the song(Duckys part) and when Littlefoot sings about his mother. The song haven't any weaknesses, one of my favourites! 9,5/10

Friends for Dinner: Friends for Dinner is a really funny song, though Chomper isn't a great singer imo 7,5/10

LBT 6: are we in a western movie?

The Legend of the Lone Dinosaur: I don't like the whole Lone Dinosaur story, but the song about Doc is good 8/10

Bad Luck: Catchy and funny song. I like Spike singing! 9/10

On your Own: Nice song, I dislike a bit that only Littlefoot sings it, though it's not relevant for my review 8,5/10

LBT 7: good songs

Beyond the Mysterious Beyond: The Rainbowfaces aren't great singers, but they're neither bad. The refrain is really good, the verses are ok. 8/10

Good Inside: This song is beautiful and funny. The message is a good one 8,5/10

Very important Creature: Well, I tend to dislike villain songs. Pteranos song's ok, but I prefer the gang singing, though the message is good and Rinkus' and Sierras parts are really funny. 6,5/10

LBT 8: My favourite sequel has very good songs.

The Mad Song: Cera rocks! The song is really funny and likeable 8,5/10

Family: I like family a lot! Ducky has a big part in Family and she sings so cute when she's sad. Her Mommy sings really good as well! The melody of the song is so beautiful and tearjerking.
Also the last verse from Ducky(lyrics are a bit different in German though) is just sooooo sad. And when she sing "family" at the end of the song... 10/10

The Lesson: Mr. Thicknose doesn't really sing at all, he more speaks, but that isn't a negative point imo. The gang are just beautiful! The message is also very good. 8,5/10

LBT 9: nice songs

Chanson D'Ennui: good song! Has some funny moments 9/10

Imaginery Friends: I wonder, why y'all hate Imaginery Friends... I like the song! 7,5/10

Noone has to be Alone: That's a great one! Mommy Longneck sings great! very touching song 9,5/10

LBT 10: 2 great, 1 ok

Adventuring: very likeable song! 9/10

Me and my Dad: One of the weaker songs in the series. Again only Littlefoot sings it! 7/10

Bestest Friends: Amazing! "We always your friend, whatever happens"... best message of all songs imo.. I recently nearly cried listening to Bestest Friends (I guess Littlefoot doesn't sing at all :D) 10/10

LBT 11: good songs at all

Creepy Crawlies: I prefer Duckys and Petries version of it, but the adults, although they can't really sing, are very funny to watch 8/10

Girls and Dads: Good song at all with a good message. The background singers are a little bit
annoying though 8,5/10

If only: Good song with a good message again. I like Grandpas lines. 9/10

LBT 12: best songs of all sequels!

One of a kind: Another likeable song with a great message. I especially like the melody... da.dadada.dadada.dadada.dadada.... Guido doesn't sing as great as the gang, but I still like him singing 9/10

Things Change: This song is very beautiful and powerful. They seem to like messaging songs :p 9,5/10

Flip, Flap and Fly: uhm... I really can't say, why I like that song that much... it's very catchy and it's difficult not to start dancing :DD Very funny, too. I like that Petries siblings sings in it and the judges are funny, too. It fairly is a party song. 10/10

LBT 13: worst songs of all sequels in the worst sequel...

Say so: The song has nothing special, it's just meh! 4/10

Yellowbelly Dance: One Word: ANNOYING at least it has good rhythms and the singing is...okay... but the lyrics are... eh I better shut up :lol :lol 5/10

How do you know: Like Say So How do you know has nothing really special... it's just a song, it's ok, but not more! 7/10

I refer to my native language German, might review the English songs someday  :lol

Bruton the Iguanodon

OK, I'm making a new post about this all seeing as my old one from 1.5 years ago or so was rushed and out of order. This is my true review of the songs.

Original Film

"If We Hold On Together"

One of my faovirte songs of all time. The way it was delivered into the score throughout the movie was just incredibly done. This song was an amazing way to wrap up an amazing movie. I, like a lot of other people, consider it THE most amazing song of the series by far. The piano is gorgeous, the melody is tearjerking, and Diana Ross's vocals are so heartwarming. Yeah, she had great moments with the Supremes with "Baby Love" and "You Can't Hurry Love", and during her solo career---but this is the song I feel she deserves to be remembered for, just like it's the song LBT is remembered for. Just beautiful, with a message anyone struggling through life can relate to. It will live with me forever.

I give it a true 10/10. I'd give it a higher score if I could.

The Great Valley Adventure

"Peaceful Valley"

So here we are with the first song sung by the characters. Now, for a lot of people, espicially fans of the original film, the idea of having them sing was questionable at best. But this song...isn't have bad. In fact, I really enjoy it. I love the misty intro. It puts a smile on my face. I love the bit where Littlefoot's grandpa calls him to breakfast and he says bye to his friends. It's all very heartwarming and reminds me of happier times in my life. I also love how Petrie's voice, as The Annoymous Person pointed out, is lower. It makes their singing sound actually not too bad. (At first I thought the lower voice might be Spike, but no; this was back when Petrie still had his old voice.)

All in all, a nice 8.5/10.

"Eggs"

Very comical. I enjoyed listening to Ozzy's singing and Struts interuptions. A fun villian and comic side-villian duet, exactly the kind of song the movie deserves. BTW, have any of you seen the live action version on youtube that two girls did?)

A nice 8.5/10.

"You're one of us now"

Great sound. it's not a very well structured song, but it puts a smile on my face, reminds me a little of this "I Dig Dinosaurs" tape I used to have, and brings on nostalgia of a much simpler time some 15 or so years ago.  ;)

An 8.5/10.

The Time of the Great Giving

"When You're Big"

This one is fun! The characters movements get a little too silly sometimes, but it's another good nostalgia jerker. I'm not gonna listen to the singalong version, though!

An 8.5/10.

"Standing Tough"

I am something of a fan of 80's rock---Bryan Adams is one of my favorite male artists. So I really like the sound of this song. As for Cera's dad singing...who the heck knew he could? Definitely one of the best LBT songs. It tries to be serious without coming across as a ballad. I remember when I rediscovered LBT back in late March/early April of 2011, I really liked this one. (I rediscovered it on MArch 30th, to be exact). It was the one song of the movie I'd forgotten, but then again, I'd only seen movie 3 once before, ain May 2002, as I've explained in my story; I only saw like, the end, when we got it again in February 2003 from the library. I can understand why I forgot it, though; kids will probably hear it and go, "Huh, Cera's dad is singing...BOR-ING!!" I think this is the one song of the series that I think teens and adults can appreciate better.  ;)

A solid 9/10.

"Kids Like Us"

Beautifully done. Scott Mcafee's voice isn't spectacular, but it's so peaceful and such a great last song to have in the movie. I love the visuals during this song---the blue sky against the grey landscape was really well done during the movie, and the gang's climb up the mountain path, leaving the arguing adults below...I thought it was just really well done. I love the change in key towards the end. I love the spoken lines that finish off the song. Really, it's one of my favorite songs of the series---probably second after IWHOT.

A true 9.5/10.

Journey Through The Mists

"Grandma's Lullaby"

I never cared for this one as a kid; her voice was just boring and the song had no beat! But now I'm sort of seeing it for it's upsides. It's not amazing, but it a nice somber one that even MarzGurl couldn't put down!  :D

A good 8/10.

"Who Needs You?"

Ah, the crocodile and the bird.  Just gotta love 'em!   :smile

This song sorta scared me as a kid and I'd cover my ears whenever it came on when I'd see it as a kid. But now I love it! It's fun, playful, and totally brings on the nostalgia for me! My faovirte song of LBT 4!  :smile

A 9/10!

"It Takes all sorts"

It's nice; I'd forgotten about this one by the time I rediscovered LBT in 2011, but just listening to the brief clip of it on the youtube medley of songs brought on nostalgia of watching movie 4 with my cousin (she's great, BTW).  :exactly Unfortunately, I'm older now and understand what they're talking about. So this song just...doesn't have the beautiful innocence to me it once it. I love the misty setting, I love Allie's voice, I love the friendship between them all that we see; but I just don't love what it is: an anti-racism song. Kids shouldn't have to listen to those. I remember thinking, when I got back from Florida on Spring break 2 years ago, about this song; I hadn't re-listened to it fully yet, but now I knew what it was, and I finally am admitting to myself that I'm a little saddened about it. Nonetheless, it still warms my heart and was a great song to cap off the movie with.

An 8.5 out of 10.

More Later!

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
BTW, have any of you seen the live action version on youtube that two girls did?)

lol  :spit

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Alright, well, I'm not hesitating anymore. I'm just gonna go ahead and review the rest of the songs the way they are.

The Great Longneck Migration:

Adventuring: Not bad of a piece! It basically sums up what the gang loves doing in a nutshell. I would've liked to have more drastic orchestration added to it, such as timpanis, chimes, sweeping strings, etc., but I still like it the way it is! 8/10

Me and My Dad: The harmonica was pretty good, but I'm iffy on everything else. BTW, did anyone notice the strange backing vocal that appeared for some reason? If not, listen closely! 5/10

Bestest Friends: Arguably the best LBT sequel song to come around by far. Very moving! A true 10/10.

Best of Friends (Olivia Newton-John): From what I've heard of this song, not too bad, I don't think, but she's done better in the 70's and 80's. 7/10

Invasion of the Tinysauruses:

Creepy Crawlies: Finally, we can see why all the adults never got a full song up to now. Then again, it's very comical! Gotta listen to it again... 6.5/10

Girls and Dads: I like the vocals done by McAfee and Cree Summer, as well as the strange backing vocals that appear out of nowhere, but I personally don't like the message on it. This song basically tells us that dads are just...well, forgettable and not fun to hang around with. What does that teach kids? Oh well, other than that, it's a pretty groovy piece. 6/10 (only because of it's message)

If Only: Short but sweet. At least Grandpa Longneck gets a song for once, thanks to Kenny Mars (R.I.P.). 7.5/10

The Great Day of the Flyers:

One of a Kind: Rob Paulsen sings great as Guido (as he does with many other characters he voices), and overall, this jazzy song isn't too bad, with the exception of the beginning.

REMINDER TO SONGWRITERS:
Next time, rewrite the first verse and give it to somebody else instead of giving us another case of earbleed from Petrie. Oh yeah, and lose the severe grammar issues, maybe?

6.5/10

Things Change: Probably Anndi McAfee's best effort here. I like the lesson that goes behind this song, too. Overall, really nice. 9/10

Flip, Flap and Fly: A very simple and very goofy piece, but enjoyable nonetheless. 7.5/10

The Wisdom of Friends:

Say So:

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to another episode of "The Sound of Earworms!" Today's earmworm song is "Say So" from The Land Before Time XIII: The Wisdom of Friends! See how long this song gets stuck in your head, folks!

Anyways, this song is just plain silly on all accounts. At least the kids are harmonizing, as Allicloud pointed out. Either way, a 3.5/10.

Yellow Belly Bounce: While the song is pretty catchy, and the vocals are good as well, the song is just like "Say So": goofy and can get stuck in your head easily. Goes on for a while, too. At least Petrie finally hits a note higher than a B4 for once: a Db5. Not that anybody cares, 'cause he's not the prehistoric Barry Gibb, so I'll stop yapping.

All in all, 5/10 (on account of being catchy)

How Do You Know: A very appropriate song to add for this movie. Though Allicloud does have a good point; is it telling us to trust our instincts, or our elders? 9/10

And that concludes my opinions of the songs from the movies. The TV Series? Being as I've not even seen most of the episodes yet, I can't (and probably won't) give my opinion on those. Alright, I'll shut up now. Later!

Bruton the Iguanodon

The Mysterious Island

"Big Water": One of my personal favorites as a kid. I believe I wrote about how I felt about it as a kid in my story. Now...? I don't like it quite as much. The intro is great and sets the tone for something of a rock song, but it then just turns into a lukewarm shuffle piece. The visuals, a lot of which I thought were awesome as a kid, just look cheesy now. For example, do they actually have to show the ocean drying up? Oh, and Petrie's singing now sucks.     :(

A 7.5 out of 10.

"Always There": another favorite of mine as a kid, I'm seeing it for it's flaws, too, now. Ducky and Littlefoot's voices aren't particularly strong this time...and why, oh why, did they have to change Petrie's voice with this film? As a result the chorus sounds too childish without his lower voice. I'm split over whether he should have gotten a solo part; at 2:50 the song could be a little longer and not be overly long. And finally, I would have liked it to be in E-major, the key that the beautiful accapella version on youtube is in.

Still, a nice 8/10.

"Friends for Dinner": The first real "dud" of the series. Too silly, too disturbing, unpleasent visuals, bad singing from Chomper to start it off, not a strong melody...even as a kid I hated this one.

A 5 out of 10.

The Secret Of Saurus Rock

"The Legend of the Lone Dinosaur": while a huge relief after "Friends for dinner", this one still is a little too cheesy for my liking. I can listen to it, it's catchy, but it's just filler, and I'm not a big fan of country music anyways (although this one isn't too bad). Oh, and the twins were there for it, dragging down what could have at least been another nice song with just our favorite 5.  ;)

A 7 out of 10.

"Bad Luck": Now this was (briefly) a huge favorite of mine as a kid! It's catchy, it's fun, and it's just between our favorite 5---not with the twins, or Chomper, or anybody who shouldn't be in a song with them!  ;) Anyways, though when Spike's part comes in it may break the base between those who had loved the song from the get-go, it's overall a strong piece of work. The ending shot, though...could they not think of another way to end it or something? It was funny but considering the song itself was one that really focused on the gang as a whole, shouldn't they have showed them all staring angrily at Spike, and, um, actually had him do something to have them glare at him like that?

The song is a little too cheesy, but still, an 8/10.

"On your own": Short but sweet. I love the piano and it's relaxing, and brings on a little nostalgia.  Dekker's singing isn't great, but oh well.

A nice 8/10.

The Stone of Cold Fire

"Beyond the Mysterious Beyond"

Another very relaxing one that sets up an intruiging story.Very peaceful with the piano...I like it.

A stellar (thought it would be an appropriate word choice here) 8.5 out of 10.

"Good Inside"

Not bad, just not really good or anything. But it's cute and sorta takes me back. (Can't believe it's almost been 11 years since I've seen it!)

"Very Important Creature"

Very well done. This one is really one of the best. I remember going back and watching it multiple times. I know I've said "Kids Like Us" is probably my favorite sequel song,, but this one might be my second favorite.

A stellar 9.5 out of 10.

"The Mad Song"

This one was a little cheesy, but it was fun and it's Cera being Cera.  ;) My favorite part is the end with her dad's line. "Oh, she's mad at somebody alright!"

An 8 out of 10.

"Family"

Doesn't do a ton for me, but is very soothing. I give it a 7.5 out of 10.

"The Lesson"

Not remarkable; I don't like the harmonica; but it's very peaceful, and I can listen to it...and give it a nice 7 out of 10.

Journey To Big Water

"Chanson D'ennui"

This one is good. A little boring, but good. Even Petrie's solo didn't bring it down. I like jazz and find this one really listenable, even though the visuals weren't great.

An 8.5 out of 10. Might have gotten a 9 if the visuals had been better.

"Imaginary Friend"

Oh...god. Oh my god. What did they do?! This was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out of line. Terrible visuals, just terrible! I guess it was a little catchy but...GOD! Who can sit through this song without wanting to PUKE?!!?

A 1.5 out of 10. Seriously.

"Big Water reprise"

Really pointless. MarzGurl's reaction to it was hilarious.

A 7 out of 10 for being short and listenable.

"No One has to be alone"

Peaceful, beautiful, and really good. Littlefoot's singing wasn't great, but most of the other great parts made up for it. Really nice. And I love the instrumental version during the end as they go home.

A 9/10.

Be back later!

Bruton the Iguanodon

The Great Longneck Migration

Adventuring: I've made my complaints about this song before, basically saying it was an insult to the whole series, seeing as the song practically declares that what happened in movies 1-9 didn't mean anything. Anyways, as a song, it's really not much. Just something to get viewers exited and hooked. Contrast this to "Boring", which was boring and good. Here Littlefoot's singing sucked, and the visuals were cheesy.

A 6.5 out of 10.

Me and my dad: some nice moments of Littlefoot and his dad hanging out together (which decidedly did happen and weren't just Littlefoot imagining the moments they could have  ;) ). But the singing was so weak. Worse still, it was a cheesy voiceover. The other films avoided this mostly, and when they did go into this territory, it wasn't this bad. The harmonica is annoying too. It's just a weak song that could have just been set to some fitting score. Of interest to note is the woman doing background vocals is Michelle Brouman, one of the songwriters for the films (except 2 and 4)

A...6 out of 10.

Best of Friends: This one is really great. They did a good job with it. I just wish they hadn't had the credits version. Oh well. (BTW, the credits version of NOHTBA, on the other hand, I thought was good.)

A nice 9 out of 10.

Movie 11 (I'm not going to even say this stupid title)

Creepy Crawlies: Not bad. It's not folk music, as Allicloud called it. I really liked it, but...singing it again 5 minutes later? Seriously?

A...7.5 out of 10.

Girls and Dads: Slick and sweet, this one was really listenable. Cree Summer and Anndi Mcafee do a great duet. I loved the lighting. It was just perfect.

A 8.5 out of 10.

If Only: Yeah...this one...just sorta was a bore. I can totally relate to the message it's trying to get across, and it''s not terrible. Just not the best. I guess I don't think Granpa and Littlefoot (at least this voice actor) sound good together.

A 7 out of 10.

Great day of the flyers.

1 of a kind: eeehhhhhhhh...Petrie's solo was awkward, the chorus drags the song down, and though Sarah and Guido's parts were good, they didn't help a ton.

I'm going with...a 6 out of 10.

Things Change: This one is really nice. You totally feel for Sarah. A totally relatable message, this one is definitely the "Always there" of this movie and gets...

...da-da-da-da-da-da-da...

... an 8 out of 10.

Flip Flap and Fly: It's not terrible...there's a lot going on...it's not one of the best sicne it can be cheesy, but...

a 7 out of 10 sounds appropriate.

Wisdom of Friends

I've only heard bits of these songs, but I'll do them based on what I know/remember.

Say So: 1 word. Really dumb. It does conjure up some old nostalgia of being a kid (what i heard anyways), and it didn't sound any worse then "Friends for Dinner", so...

5.5 out of 10.

Yellow Belly Bounce: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHH!!!!!!!! IT...SOUNDS...AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWFULLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!

1 OUT OF 10.

YES. YOU READ RIGHT. A FREAKING SYMPATHY POINT IS ALL IT GETS. EVEN THOUGH IT DOESN'T EVEN DESERVE THAT.

How do you know?: the best song in the movie, but that's not saying much. The big salvation to it is the ending, which, from what I've heard, is actually good. All in all...

a 6.5 out of 10.

And that was my review of the LBT songs. I hope someday there will be an LBT 14 with more for us to review. But then again, maybe not having these songs really would be better. Who knows?

I look forward to reading further reviews in here.  ;)  

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wow, looking back at my old reviews, a lot has changed (though, admittedly, back then I didn't have the movies in english language and, though I knew the YouTube videos of the songs, I reviewed the german songs anyway. Nowadays, I only listen to the english songs and I honestly can't even remember what most of the german songs were like  :angel
So anyways, here's my new review.

LBT 1:
Soundtrack: 10/10 for obvious reasons
If we hold on together: 10/10 It's just a wonderful, meaningful song :)

LBT 2:
Peaceful Valley: Like the melody, like the singing, like the message. :p 7/10
Eggs: The Stealer's singing is decent and the lyrics are hillariously funny and the melody is simple but quite catchy. 7/10
You're one of us now: Beautiful message, okay melody and singing 6/10
Peaceful Valley (Ending): 7/10 see above

LBT 3:
When you're big: Great lyrics and visuals, melody is alright and the singing isn't bad so 6,5/10
Standing tough: Mr. Threehorn rocks ^^ Overally a good song, lyrics, message, visuals, singing. Tough! 7/10
Kids like us: This song has a nice message, the rest is pretty good too. Doesn't knocks my socks off though 7,5/10

LBT 4:
Grandma's Lullaby:  A very deep and meaningful song. 8/10
Who needs you: Very funny lyrics but other than that there is nothing I really like about this song 4/10
It takes all sorts: This song is lovely. Great message, visuals and melody.  8/10

LBT 5:
Big Water: A very catchy and funny song. Gotta love the visuals as well. 7,5/10
Always there: Always There is just a wonderful song. Not only because it has a nice melody but also because it mentions Littlefoot's Mother. The message of quite deep and I like meaningful songs. 8,5/10
Friends for Dinner: Possibly the catchiest song of the franchise and one of the funny songs. The singing isn't all that great (especially Littlefoot's singing voice is annoying because it differs from his talking voice so much (due to different VA's)) but I still like it. 6,5/10

LBT 6:
The Legend of the Lone Dinosaur: Well, the song itself is alright but the animation of some scenes is just horrible in my opinion... I don't like it anyway as well as I'm not too fond of country music... 5/10
Bad Luck: Catchy, funny and good visuals. I like this song. 8/10
On your Own: Not too bad a song but it's not in any way special. Just a decent song, not great but not bad either. 5,5/10

LBT 7:
Beyond the Mysterious Beyond: I'm kinda worried I'm overrating this song. It's so beautiful and, well, mysterious :p 9/10
Good Inside: Just another heart-warming song which is really nicely done. 8/10
Very important Creature: This song just characterises Pterano very well. I kinda like Rinkus' and Sierra's comments and gestures during the song. :smile 8/10

LBT 8:
The Mad Song: The most positive thing about this song are the visuals, which are rather good. The singing is okay but not glorious. 6/10
Family: Well, Family is a very sad and melancholical song yet it is so extremely wonderful. One of the best songs of LBT that's for sure. 9/10
The Lesson: This is yet another really meaningful song that is rather good. 8/10

LBT 9:
Chanson D'Ennui: This song is pretty fun and easy to sing along. 8/10
Imaginery Friends: This song is quite funny too. I know some people hate it but I don't, nope, nope, nope. 7/10
Big Water reprise: I kinda like they're bringing back this song. It just fits so perfectly well here. The original song is a little better of course. 6,5/10
Noone has to be Alone: A wonderful and meaningful song. I just love it. 9/10

LBT 10:
Adventuring: Adventuring is a really great song. I don't like some of the visuals though... 8/10
Me and my Dad Well, the song is okay but it doesn't really hit me. 5,5/10
Bestest Friends: This song is so touching and somewhat sad yet so wonderful and true. I feel tempted to give it the highest rating yet I think that IWHOT is a tad better still. 9,5/10

LBT 11:
Creepy Crawlies: This song is nice. Not all of the grown-ups can sing very well though. 6,5/10
Creepy Crawlies (Ducky and Petrie version): I'm not sure why but I like their version a little better... 7/10
Girls and Dads: This song is alright. Nothing special though 6/10
If only: This is a very deep song. And I like deep songs. 8/10

LBT 12:
One of a kind: This is a pretty cool song. 7,5/10
Things Change: Wonderful, this song is just wonderful. 9/10
Flip, Flap and Fly: This song is just so incredibly catchy and happy. It justs invites to dance and sing along and, if we were able to fly, fly along too :p 9/10

LBT 13:
Say so: This song is quite alright. Funny and not annoying at all (because there are no Yellowbellies in it :lol) 6,5/10
Yellowbelly Dance: Well, it's certainly the most pointless song. The dialogues are a little annoying. However, I have to admit this song has something to it that I like. Kinda catchy and making me dance-along... 5,5/10
How Do You Know: One of these songs which are nice but not special in any way. Good song nevertheless. 6,5/10

10/10=epic song
9/10=wonderful song
8/10=beautiful song
7/10=very nice song
6/10=nice song
5/10=decent song
4/10=okay-ish song
3/10=somewhat bad song
2/10=bad song
1/10=very bad song
0/10=terrible song

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Anonymous Person,Feb 28 2013 on  07:11 PM
Standing Tough: 80's rock? Awesome!
Just thought I'd point out---what's funny is that Movie 3 was made in 1995, when the rock music, and music in general, of the 80's was far less dated than we're currently seeing it. Sure, we'd had grunge already, but I don't think we weren't looking back on the music of the 80's as nostalgically as we have for the last decade.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: somerandomfangirl,Mar 2 2013 on  02:43 PM
I also enjoyed how the other adults were moving their heads to the beat, it was quite amusing.

Yeah, I sorta snicker at that, it's so stupid. Are they aware of the soundtrack being played, lol?

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Allicloud,Apr 15 2011 on  04:46 PM

But Good Inside honestly did nothing for me. It just went into old, generic LBT-song territory.

What exactly qualifies as old, generic lbt-song territory, though? I know movies 2 and 4 had songs that weren't written by Michelle and Amanda. However, neither of them had songs that were in 12/8, which the one in question you accuse of being this is, and which they'd been doing in every other movie (except 13).

To me, when I think of old lbt songs, I think of some of the best and most memorable lbt music we've been given. There are a few early tunes I don't like, (Peaceful Valley just makes me cringe nowadays and One of Us Now is terrible), but I feel the earlier tunes are much better than say, "Flip Flap and Fly".

That said, since Stone of Cold Fire wasn't exactly "late" in the run (it's the sixth of 12 sequels), so saying the songwriting goes into old styles is basically saying it's doing what the sequels had mainly been doing up to that point. And really, Michelle and Amanda haven't really upgraded their songwriting a ton since they started with movie 3 that I've noticed.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
But Good Inside honestly did nothing for me. It just went into old, generic LBT-song territory.

I'm still hoping you're here to talk about this. I even sent you a message!

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile

*moaning* I wanna know what he means! Why does it take so much to get a response here?? :confused

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^Bruton, if you seriously want an answer to this question, you're not getting it from him, because he is no longer active on these forums. You're not getting an answer from me either, because I myself don't know what it means. If someone else is lucky to do so, yippee, but until then, please don't start demanding answers to questions, especially if they are from posts like that one made a long time ago.  ;)

If I sounded rude, I apologize.