The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What screw ups

Teresa · 146 · 24741

Petrie157578641

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TabalugaDragon
Quote from: Ducky123,Dec 28 2013 on  06:17 AM
Though this isn't exactly the most proper thread to discuss this, I do agree. LBT 11 isn't great but neither is it bad. LBT 12 ranks among my most liked sequels and even LBT 13 has some great moments (though it's undoubtly the worst sequel but still way better than some eps of the series :rolleyes:)

Anyway, back on topic, what do you think about those two mistakes I spotted?
Though this isn't exactly the most proper thread to discuss this, I do agree. LBT 11 isn't great but neither is it bad. LBT 12 ranks among my most liked sequels and even LBT 13 has some great moments (though it's undoubtly the worst sequel but still way better than some eps of the series :rolleyes:)

Anyway, back on topic, what do you think about those two mistakes I spotted?
I agree, LBT 13 wasn't THAT bad either, and I actually prefer it over the TV-series, I loved the songs in it.
As for the screw-up you noticed about Petrie-yeah  :lol this isn'tthe first time I notice a mistake like this

Petrie157578641

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TabalugaDragon
Here's one from LBT 8:

Everything's alright here... but now look what happens only a blink of an eye later...

Where's Tippy's Mom? :blink:

EDIT: Same applies to that Parasaurolophus in the background...

Actually, if you look closely, they are not gone, they are just moved to the left. I guess it's only because of the different camera angles that they seem to be gone
Oh and Tippy's mom's color is changed(but she still has that facial expression), which often happenes in this movie

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Good possible explanation :) Those screw-uppers... :D Can't they do things right :p
Inactive, probably forever.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Something I've noticed in all 13 films and the TV show (some people may have already noticed but I'll say it anyway) In some scenes Littlefoot and Cera have 4 toes on their feet, but in some other scenes they only have 3.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
I was watching the 4th film last night and I noticed during the scene were the gang and Ali settle down for the night, in this shot Ali is in between Littlefoot and Cera. ( and don't look half cute :D )

But then in this shot Ali is on Littlefoot's left hand side.

Then when they wake up to see the flowers Ali is in the middle again.

Maybe the animators got Littlefoot and Ali's colours mixed up?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah probably :lol Good one!

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Possibly done by a different animator or at a different time? Animation buffs, would you chime in...

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Have you ever noticed that in the first film when Petrie falls in the tar pit there a skeletons in it.

But when Littlefoot and the others show up to help him the skeletons are nowhere to be seen.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I don't believe that this is a screw-up. The camera is probably above them and "filming" the other side that we can't see in the first shot. Petrie must have drifted off somewhat.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Ducky123,Jun 12 2014 on  04:59 PM
I don't believe that this is a screw-up. The camera is probably above them and "filming" the other side that we can't see in the first shot. Petrie must have drifted off somewhat.
Well you could say that. But Petrie was right next to one of them when he fell in, and I'm not sure if you could drift in thick sticky tar, and he seems to be in the same spot when the others show up.
I knew I shouldn't have borthed pointing this out...  <_<

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://rosethethief.deviantart.com/
Quote from: babidikrakenguard,Sep 12 2009 on  12:03 AM
Unless someone mentioned it before..

There is a part near the end of Movie 2: Chomper's arm briefly changes color. I will have to find and get a screenshot to show.

Here ya go!

Not the best quality, but I still found the scene nonetheless.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Check THIS out :blink: Chomper has not only lost a tooth but a claw as well :lol

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
In this shot from an episode of the TV show, Chomper has 4 fingers on his hand.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
He's supposed to be a "two-claw"... weird, weird :p (so, other than I stated in my post above, he didn't lose a claw but grown an additional one)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^Adding to my previous post: Chomper seems to have a different amount of claws on his hand quite often in the Tv-series as I've spotted that issue on a screenshot I used to draw Chomper... Needless to say, I didn't copy it but gave him two claw as it's supposaed to be :p

Alright, here's another mistake nobody has caught so far :D

LBT 2 when they are waiting for Chomper to hatch. Cera's eyes are... grey?  :rolleyes

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account

In this shot from the LBT 2 Cera's nose horn is the same colour as her skin... Pay attention when your colouring the cels animators.  :rolleyes

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Sorry for the poor quality in this shot. In this shot from the jumping waters episode from the TV show.
As well as all the characters looking poorly drawn as usual in the TV show.
Spike seems to have lost the stumps on his back, an also seen in the shot which is a common thing in the TV show, Spike doesn't have the lines on his underbelly.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
In this shot from LBT 7. Part of Petrie's wing isn't painted. Or they didn't crop the shot properly.

Another one from the 7th movie.
In this scene Cera has one too many blunt horn stumps or what every they are on her frill. She normally only has 3.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
And here's a case of bad editing in LBT 12. During the flip flap and fly song we see Topsy and Tria awake.

But then when Tricia falls in the river and they hear her screaming (which is just a few mins later) Their asleep again and back at their nest...

Nice job continuity editor. NOT!   :rolleyes

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I never noticed that... good catch! :)