The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Writing a LBT story game

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Does anybody know this game where we start with a set sentence and stop with a set sentence and we have to get from the first sentence to the last one? (I don't know what is it called, but I do remember playing it in primary school and kindergarden) Our job is to write a story from the first to the last one that, if possible, makes sense. Everybody has to write one sentence! The lenght of the story could be defined (in school/kindergarden the number of kids) but I think it's easier to not use a limit of lenght.
Since the GoF is a LBT forum, it'll be LBT related stories, for the time being, that is. We can always make other stories of course but I personally prefer LBT ones.

Any questions regarding the rules?

Inactive, probably forever.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I guess I should've explained this back then... never to late to do so huh?

Well, the gamemaster (could be anyone, really) writes a sentence like "It was a beautiful, warm and sunny day at the Great Valley". This sentence starts the story. The next person is supposed to add one sentence to the story (it should make sense, at least somewhat ;)) and so on. The gamemaster also defines what the last sentence of the story is going to be e.g. "Finally we're home again," Littlefoot exclaimed.
Any questions? I guess I should just get this started already :p

First sentence: It was a beautiful, warm and sunny day at the Great Valley.
Last sentence: "Finally we're home again!" Littlefoot exclaimed.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
In the midday sun, seven friends could be seen playing a game of some kind.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cera was running at a swift pace, Littlefoot in hot pursue.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
(Whoops... :oops)

Littlefoot ran toward Cera steadily, trying numerous times to tag her, but to no avail.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As she ran as fast as she could from the racing longneck, she could see Ruby's pink form rapidly gaining distance on them.

(BTW, is Cera chasing Littlefoot or is Littlefoot chasing Cera?  It appears that Ducky123's post indicates that Littlefoot is the chaser, whereas The Anonymous Person's post indicates that Cera is the chaser.  I have posted to make it look like Cera is the chaser for the moment, but I can edit my post if that turns out to be incorrect.)

Update: After talking to Ducky123, I have updated the post to reflect that Littlefoot is the chaser.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Chomper was hiding behind a rock, waiting for just the right time to pounce, and take Cera by surprise.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Spike, who found the game to be rather boring since they played it so awfully often, just munched on some high grass which was far more satisfying than running around.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Meanwhile, Ducky was on the run as Petrie was chasing her.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"You will not ever catch me, oh no, no, no!" Ducky declared firmly as she sprinted as fast as her legs would carry her.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Me no know about that!" Petrie teased playfully.