The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Alphabet Land Before Time Story

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Roaring the translation to his mother who roared back an answer, Chomper replied to his leaf eater, "She says, 'Welcome back and enjoy yourself'," to Littlefoot who now looked more comfortable.
Dein had noticed his son's return and had stashed the food out of sight. Walking up, he said, "You've actually shrunk since I last saw you! Have they been feeding you at all over there?"
Chomper just giggled.
"Anyway, for your special day, I just got your favorite food," he beamed proudly.
"Wow! Did you catch enough for all the sharpteeth here?" Chomper asked eagerly.
"Well, the one I found was definately big enough to be the main course for all those here that eat that kind of stuff," Dein replied.
Chomper looked very intrigued. "Really? I had no idea that there was a flyer big enough to feed seven sharpteeth at once! Where did you find one like that?"

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Surprised was how Dein looked.  "Actually, i had caught a big longneck," he replied.  "Well, since I knew flyers weren't easy to catch, I never told you and mom that they are the yummiest," he smiled.

"That's ok son, we know what to find for your next Star Day," Terri grinned.

"Nice to see you again brother," Redclaw said, walking over to Dein.  

"I wonder what they saying," Petrie commented

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Truth is, guys," Chomper said, looking at his leaf eating friends. "I, uh, I think you'll be a bit more comfortable eating somewhere else once we get started." But still wanting to be a good host to his friends, he added, "I'll get you guys those colored danglers you had last time you were here since you liked them so much, and put them somewhere for you" he said, smiling.
"You shouldn't feel like you need to do anything for us, especially today, Chomper. But it was nice of you to offer," Littlefoot said, very kindly.
"Don't worry, Littlefoot," Chomper replied. "Even though it's my Star Day, you're all still my friends. And I want to do it for you guys."
Littlefoot came up and gently nudged his friend, who hugged him back. Then, as Chomper began to talk with Rita, Petrie whispered to Littlefoot, "What colored danglers Chomper talk about?"
"I think he's talking about those rare tree sweets we had here before," Littlefoot whispered back.
Petrie's eyes lit up. He called to Chomper, who didn't mind being interrupted, "Me know best place to eat for things like that!" remembering the perfect ingredient he added last time to that food to make it even better.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Ugh, the Stinky Place?" Cera remembered.   "That right Cera," Petrie nodded.

"You guys remember how to get there?" Chomper asked.  "We do Chomper," replied Littlefoot.  "I don't," replied Ruby, "Because if I did know where it was, I wouldn't not know where it was."

Rita was still wondering what would be a good gift for Chomper's Star Day.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Very tired now, as it was extremely late, Spike yawned, and it was contagious among the children. Terri smiled as she noticed. She couldn't understand leaf eater's words but she could understand leaf eater's sleepy sounds. "Night may be over, but morning is still a while away. You've all walked so far when it's normally sleep time and I can see you're exhausted. You should all get some rest for the big day tomorrow. It gets a little chilly here at night this time of the year, especially right after a storm when everything is damp. You would be much warmer and safer sleeping with us." She looked at Dein. "If you do, you'd best stay by me, as Dein tends to roll around."
Dein snorted. Chomper told the others what his mom had offered.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Whatever, I just want to get some sleep," Cera yawned.

Chomper translated for his parents, and Terri and Dein led the kids and Redclaw, screech, and Thud to their sleeping place, which was near two trees that were crossed in the shape of a certain english letter. (I set up the X-word for ya.)  "Night everyone," Cera smiled, falling asleep first

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
X-shaped trees that stood tall and were covered with leaves had kept Terri and Dein's nest dry. As the adults settled down, the children slept against Terri's soft, warm body- on the opposite side of Dein. Chomper and Rita snuggled against each other. As everyone else began to sleep, Rita thought of Chomper's deep, red eyes. "That's something to work with," she smiled, as she thought happily about what kind of gift she would get for him, and then went to sleep too.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yet as the night went on, Rita and Chomper woke up.  It might've been Dein's snoring, who knows.

Rita looked up at the sky and saw something.  "Look Chomper, a shooting star, make a wish," she said, pointing in to a light flying through the sky

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Zero things in the night sky were as beautiful or magnificent as seeing a shooting star. And enjoying one with Rita made it all the more wonderful for Chomper. He really cares about her and he is so happy she came to his Star Day. But then he had a thought. He knew that he was going to enjoy this day more than ever because she was here with him. Then he knew the wish he wanted to make more than anything right now. He closed his eyes and mentally passed his wish to the magic star flying over their heads. He then opened his eyes, smiled at Rita, and suggested that they get as much rest as possible while there was still time to.
"But wait Chomper! What did you wish for?" Rita wanted to know.
Chomper smiled all the more. "When it comes true, I'll tell you what I asked for. Good night Rita." Although Rita was confused about what he meant, she went back to sleep with him, and everyone there continued to sleep until the bright circle appeared in the sky.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
A new day dawned.  Rita was still snuggling against Chomper when they woke up.  "Happy Star Day Chomper," Rita said.  Dein awoke, rolling over and crushing some plants and a lone sand creeper.

"So did your wish come true?" she asked with a smile

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Because Chomper smiled back and said mysteriously, "My wish hasn't had the time to," Rita was more confused than she was last night. But looking at his eyes again, she remembered that she had to look for something. "Could you excuse me for an bit?" Rita asked him. "Sure, go ahead," Chomper answered, wondering what she was doing but not asking as he knew it wasn't his business. Rita walked off out of sight and began to look for something really nice that was red like Chomper's eyes. She had never seen such a pretty eye color before and wanted to give Chomper something to hang on to and think of her with that matched that special color of his.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Chomper smiled as he watched Rita walk off.  Cera soon woke up, due to the fact Chomper's mom was drooling in her sleep. "AGH!" Cera screamed, a dab of sharptooth slobber on her.

"Sorry," Terri apologized, waking up and having Chomper translate.  "Happy Star Day son!" Dein and Terri roared happily

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile

"Ducky! Spike!" a female voice called out.
"Cera! Cera! Ceeeraaa!" a deep, gruff voice yelled, angrily.
"Littlefoot, where are you?" an older female voice called, desparately.
The day had started, and none of them had been seen since last night. Nobody in the valley knew where they were, except two other youngsters. One was safe since the grownups didn't even know he had arrived yesterday. But as for the other one, he had been seen with the kids last...
"Excuse me, Ecco," Littlefoot's grandfather asked Ecco as he noticed him lying down in the open getting some bright circle. "Have you seen the children lately?"

Flash Back
"I'd prefer stay in the Great Valley, if you don't mind," Ecco responded when they were all invited to Chomper's Star Day. "I could use the peace and quiet, and somebody needs to cover for you guys, right? I won't lie to your families, but I can keep them from worrying at the same time. Trust me, I know exactly what to tell them. Go ahead without me."

Present
"Yeah, I saw them last night," Ecco answered casually.
"You mean then, you don't know where they are now?" Littlefoot's grandpa asked, even more worried now.
"I didn't say that," he replied. "They're around somewhere. They're just roaming around parts they haven't been to in a while and decided to sleep there. Chomper's idea actually. Thought it would be fun for them to all be together for a while. I assure you though, they'll be back soon and nobody has anything to worry about."
"Why didn't they say anything to us?" he asked.
"I told them that I would, I was just a bit late in doing so. Sorry 'bout that," he answered. And every word he had just said was true in some way.
"Well, thank you for telling me now. I'll go tell the other's so they stop worrying too. Have a nice day, Ecco," he said, walking off slowly.
"Am I good or what?" Ecco thought to himself. "The other's owe me big time when they return."

PS:
I have never read a fanfiction with Ecco in it, so my description of his personality is probably highly inaccurate.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Eventually, Terri and Dein were ready to start the celebration.  "Dear, will you get your present for Chomper here?" Terri asked Dein

(The longneck carcass is the gift.)

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Food time!" Dein thought as he went to get the gift.
"Will it take long for him to bring it here?" Chomper asked.
Terri was surprised. She never knew Chomper to be impatient. "Well, it is far away and very heavy..."
"Good!" Chomper replied, adding to the confused look on his mom's face. "Now I have plenty of time to get the food ready for my friends. See you in a little bit!" he called running off.
Terri smiled. She did know Chomper after all. Now there were two sharpteeth looking for stuff. As Chomper left to get colored danglers and set them up in the Stinky Place for his friends, Rita was on a mission as well- for Chomper. She had never been on the island before, so she decided not to go too far and get lost. That would have been easier if she was more focused on that and less distracted to find something red that isn't any type of food. Eventually, something red caught her eye. It was red and cone shaped and had ridges on it. Excitedly, she went to pick it up, but it moved! She thought it must have slid or something, but whenever she reached her claw down to pick it up, it got farther away. Annoyed, she pounced on it face first only to feel pain on her sniffer. The red thing had grabbed her and wasn't letting go, and it hurt. She finally tore it off, getting a scratch on her face that drew some blood, and she looked at the thing in her claw. She sighed, exasperated, and dropped it. It was just a rock back claw crawler (hermit crab). She decided that she had to keep going to find something good and get back in time to start the festivities. If she could find her way back.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Green food was gathered by Chomper while Dein had got longneck carcass ready.

What no one realized was that waves were violently slamming against the land bridge, starting to break it slightly.

"Ah ha!" Rita said, eying a Chomper's eyes-colored shiny stone.  "Perfect!" she grinned, and luckily, this time it was a rock. "Yeah, this is great!" she said. Realing she might be lost, she knew what to do.  She began sniffing the air and picked up Redclaw's trail.  She wiped the blood from her cut off her sniffer, she wanted to look the best she could.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Heading toward "Redclaw's trail", nothing seemed familiar to her at all. "Strange," she thought to herself. As she kept following the scent, she turned her head for a moment when she heard a flyer take off from a tree. Then she was very surprised. When she turned her head to the left, she smelled "Redclaw" from that direction too! Turning completely around, it was the same thing. "What!?" she cried, bewildered. She wiped a little more blood off her sniffer that had oozed out a little bit. For just a moment, the scent was gone, then it slowly came back. She rubber her sniffer again to see another drop of blood on her claw. "Oh no," she realized. Redclaw was always hunting, and therefore always smelled of blood, which she had categorizied as Redclaw's scent. She hadn't been following his scent; she had just been aimlessly walking wherever she faced because she was sniffing her own blood! Now she was more lost than ever with no way of finding the others. "Somebody help me," she whispered weakly and afraid.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
In a few minutes, Chomper went up Redclaw after he put green food all around the stinky place.  "Uncle Redclaw, have you seen Rita?" he asked the big rex.  "No," Redclaw replied.

Chomper was concerned, what if she was lost. She told Redclaw to yell something because he could be loud.

"RITA! IF YOU CAN HEAR THIS STAY WHERE YOU ARE! WE'LL FIND YOU!" Redclaw roared very loudly, attracting the gang's attention despite being a distance away.

"Something's wrong guys, we should go to Chomper," Littlefoot said.

"I think I can smell the girl biter's trail boss," Thud said

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Just a moment ago, Rita thought she heard someone, but it was so faint that she couldn't hear what was said or even tell who said it. She knew Chomper would come looking for her, the others too. She decided that if they were looking for her, it would be easier for them to find her if she stayed were she was, so she sat down. She tried to relax. "This is Chomper's home and he knows it very well. I'm sure he'll find me; I just have to wait," she said, trying to calm her nerves. "The only danger here is missing the party." But after she said that, she felt even worse. "Chomper has to spend his special day trying to find me," she thought with a tear in her eye. "I wanted this Star Day to be his best but I just ruined it. This dumb rock couldn't even make things better now!" she exclaimed, throwing it away, but it hit a tree and bounced back right beside her. "If only I hadn't come..." Now she was afraid that Chomper WOULD be the one to find her. She couldn't face him after this. She couldn't control herself any longer and put her face in her arm and wept bitterly.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Kole the green sharptooth was still dead.  (I could not think of anything for k.)

But Chomper started smelling Rita's trail, no,  it wasn't just her scent.  It was like Chomper could FEEL where Rita was.  "Follow me everyone, I think Rita's in trouble," he said in both languages.  "I just hope you know where you're going Chomper," Cera said.

After about 15 minutes human time, Chomper and the rest of the sharpteeth began picking up Rita's trail.  "She's this way!" Dein called, pointing in one direction.  Chomper ran ahead of everyone, and he soon heard Rita's; voice!

"Rita! We found you!" Chomper cried happily, hugging the girl rex. "Why are you crying?"