The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Aren't all theme songs cheesy when it comes down to it, Serris?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
EDIT: Accidentally double posted. The hell? I got a message saying the first didn't go up? I HATE the internet!
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Don't feel bad I had that happen to me also. And a Theme Song is suppose to get you into the show in a way.

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I felt that the opening was cheesy too. I couldn't even watch "Winter Wrap up" because their was just too much...fluff in that episode. I don't mind any singing if it is visually stunning and has a good amount of comedy in it but if its just filled with fluff and nothing else I just can't listen to it. So I skip it.

Does My Little Pony need any singing?

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well ever thought of giving the songs a chance Oogaboo? Or you just don't plain like them? Just asking a question here. Not trying to be mean at all. When I first heard the songs I almost skipped them but than I gave each song a chance and I loved all of them so far. Maybe it takes some people time to get use to the songs they play in each episode. They're still great songs. I suggest you give them a chance before you say you don't like them.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: PanickyPetrie14,Aug 16 2011 on  01:16 AM
I have been infected with that show, thanks to petrie85.  :lol

Also, the most awesome thing you'll ever feast your eyes upon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VfFqkr1_kU

I intend on responding to that YTPMV someday... with PINKIE.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Quote from: oogaboo,Aug 17 2011 on  08:51 AM
Does My Little Pony need any singing?
No.  No TV episode or movie does.  But after you watch through the whole songs a few times, you get numb to them.  Though "Giggle at the Ghosties" made me absolutely sick the first time around and still does.  If I had it my way, there would be no songs.  At least it's not as bad as LBT though, cramming 3 songs into a 20 minute episode.  There were only 3 or 4 songs in all 26 episodes of My Little Pony (not counting the crazy 15 second songs Pinkie Pie randomly sings).  Though I must admit, I found "Art of the Dress" very catchy.  I liked all the rhymes and just the whole song in general.

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
One small step for the GOF...

Pinkie Pie! Where'd you get the F-18?

I heard that the Wonderbolts are based on the Blue Angels, an American aerobatics team flying F-18 Hornets.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Excellent pictures you posted there. I really like them a lot.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I decided to check out these three dark MLP: FiM fan fictions:

MLP: FiM X Metal Gear Solid Crossover

MLP: FiM X Halo Crossover

A Dark Sky

Didn't finish any of them but I have a feeling that I will REALLY like them. Granted, I really, really, really, really like grimdark stories (those are the only stories that I write!).

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I've got to get this off my chest.

The one thing I'm sick of with this whole thing, is the Fanmade Yuri Pairings Concepts. (Female&Female Love Relationships for those not in the know.) They are out of control and I'm sick of it.  I know it's because of my religious standards that I don't go for this sort of thing, but this is getting WAY out of hand.  It's getting to the point where I'm BEGGING for some male characters that show interest in the main females in the second season so all of this can just slowly fade away. (It won't make it disappear, but it'll at least put quite a dent in it.)

However, what really bugs me is the fact that some actually believe that these yuri pairings will happen, which I can only respond with the following.

NO, THEY WON'T!

Nope!  They'll never happen!  And you know why?  It's because of one isty bitsy teeny weeny tiny detail about the show.

It's a Kid's Show, (A girl's Kid's Show, but a Kid's Show, nonetheless.) made in America, that airs on a Family-oriented Channel, that airs in America and run by Family-oriented Executives.

Just a few of the rules for such a thing are as follows.

-No bloody violence (There can be a little bit of violence, but it can't be bloody.)
-No swearing (Any swearing whatsoever would be bleeped out and there would be a lesson behind it.)
-No sex (There can be love and moments of kissing, but actual sex would be off panel.)
-No race-related slurs (Unless, again, there's a lesson behind it.)
-No private parts showing (Kind of a standard for most non-adult only cartoons these days.)
-No same-gender pairing (Deep friendship is as far as it's allowed to get.)

Trust me, with America-oriented Kid's Shows, Same-Gender Pairing is just not going to happen, and you know why?

Soccer Moms!

Yep, those same hypocritical Moms whose soul purpose is to remove all "bad influence" content from all media that's aimed at kids.  If anything like same-gender pairing happened, they would send angry letters, start their little mob, go on news protests and all sorts of things that would no doubt get Hasbro Studios in big trouble. (They would even go as far as actually forcing their kids to not watch it.)

You tell me, if you made a kids show to be aired in America, would you take a risk like that when there's a driving force like this that would no doubt force you to change your standards, unless you stated certain things otherwise?

Yeah, I thought not.

So, that's the whole reason.  Soccer Moms setting the standards.  America is just too full of them.

Whew!  That's a nice weight taken off. :)

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Ew that is really gross and nasty that people would think like that. I'm grossed out now.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Not something that I'd personally watch but the ponies are pretty 'cute' now.

That was me back in March.  I dislike having to bite back my own words but whatever.  I've watched quite a lot of episodes.  It's actually pretty good.:)

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Aug 17 2011 on  07:04 PM
You tell me, if you made a kids show to be aired in America, would you take a risk like that when there's a driving force like this that would no doubt force you to change your standards, unless you stated certain things otherwise?

You never know. I've seen some seriously raunchy things in supposedly "kids cartoons". It's called Getting Crap Past The Radar.

On a side note, I would laugh so hard if they added yuri in the show.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I find that very wrong to put something like that in a kids show. But yeah I know I've heard they got away with that stuff before.

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
^Rio is one of those. It was rated G despite some crude humor in it.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I hate it when I miss the part of a conversation I want to reply to. Yes, I agree that the theme has to get you into it in some way, however, I've never come across one that didn't seem cheesy to me. Ever.
As for the songs, I very much disagree. I like FiM's songs.
As for the Yuri shipping thing. Yeah... It's out of control.